• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Rental Advice

I rented from Orlando Stroller rentals for our June trip after doing a lot of research in the Dis. Free rain cover, free soft side cooler to keep. I'm getting the citi mini double (not gt) bc I wanted the lightest one I could get. I have a 4 and 2 yr old.

I believe Magic Strollers is the only company that does not charge you for the rental until 14 days prior to the first day of your reservation. Other stroller companies do charge you at the time of reservation... Mousesavers.com recommends Magic Strollers over other stroller rental companies. I have never used these companies before and I don't like the idea of paying for my rental months prior to my vacation. so I now have a reservation for a double GT with Magic Strollers and will see if I can get a cheaper one from Kingdom or Orlando after I have made my final payment to Disney.... If I find a cheaper one, then I will cancel Magic... It's a $10 saving for me, not 40 like yours... but still $10..

I believe Magic Strollers is the only company that does not charge you for the rental until 14 days prior to the first day of your reservation. Other stroller companies do charge you at the time of reservation... Mousesavers.com recommends Magic Strollers over other stroller rental companies. I have never used these companies before and I don't like the idea of paying for my rental months prior to my vacation. so I now have a reservation for a double GT with Magic Strollers and will see if I can get a cheaper one from Kingdom or Orlando after I have made my final payment to Disney.... If I find a cheaper one, then I will cancel Magic... It's a $10 saving for me, not 40 like yours... but still $10..

Just my guess but I'd imagine MouseSavers recommends certain companies for a reason. Maybe not.. Look at who they recommend for transportation and you'll find it's not a very highly rated company. Paying in advance is a common practice for all kinds of things.

The important thing is to do research prior. Google "Company X Reviews" or look on trip advisor/yelp/etc. Get feedback from places like this board.

We went in a non-holiday week in January, which is generally a slower time than many parts of the year, so my scenario may not be feasible for summer, holidays, etc. BUT . . .

I waited until about 3 weeks before our arrival date to reserve our stroller. No problem, and my money wasn't tied up for months. This was also in part because we had been on the fence about what we did/did not need (double vs single). We didn't need a specific stroller (beyond just being a double), so if you required a special needs item or really, really had to have the one model available with one large front wheel, I wouldn't try this, but worked well for us.

Not sure if anyone else has experience with busier times of year and availability a few weeks out . . .

Just my guess but I'd imagine MouseSavers recommends certain companies for a reason. Maybe not.. Look at who they recommend for transportation and you'll find it's not a very highly rated company. Paying in advance is a common practice for all kinds of things.

The important thing is to do research prior. Google "Company X Reviews" or look on trip advisor/yelp/etc. Get feedback from places like this board.

Magic is one of the three recommended stroller rental providers (other two are Kingdom and Orlando). Yelp and Tripadvisor reviews are positive . Some ppl on Disboads have used Magic before (http://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-strollers-reviews.3463320/) I guess it won't be that awful.

We used Orlando Stroller rental on our last trip and they were great! We had an issue with our rain cover tearing and they promptly had one delivered for us at no extra charge. (we did pay for the insurance however)
I'm also in agreement with everyone here that the rain cover is a MUST. It was so much help for us!

After much research - we opted for Kingdom - prices were about the same as other places and they include a rain cover and a small cooler. They also have the larger stroller - the Citi Mini GT - which I needed as I have VERY tall children (5 and 2). They also give a discount for free grocery delivery and an option to buy a case of water at a reasonable price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter