• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stroller Rental Advice

picprincess

Mouseketeer
We are looking to rent a double stroller for my DD3 and my nephew who will have just turned 4 for our July trip. I've priced out a few options and am looking for any opinions or recent experiences using these companies.

I've priced out the City Mini GT double..... Orlando Stroller Rental and Kingdom Strollers are about the same price and Magic Stroller Rentals was about $40 more!

Any opinions on Orlando Strollers or Kingdom Strollers? Are there any other off site companies that I should consider?

Another vote for Kingdom plus they will send you a coupon for free grocery delivery which we also took advantage of. The service of both companies was awesome.

Also, kingdom stroller will deliver cases of water with the stroller !!! bonus!

I was a bit disappointed that they went away from a Spring Water(I think it was Zephyrhills) to Nestle Pure Life. For the price they charge(and the fact that they are dropping off strollers anyways) I felt they could have kept the slightly better water.

We used Orlando Stroller in January - very good experience. We rented a double for a 3 and 5 year old. Our stroller was very clean, little wear, had a good parent console for drinks, etc, no performance issues, and included a free rain cover. They also sent a free soft cooler, but we didn't use it. It was waiting for us at our resort when we arrived about 2-3 PM.

We ended up adding a day to our trip last minute and had no problem with that. I called and left a message while we were still getting ready to head to the park (pretty early morning, maybe 7:30?) and had a call back on the bus about 30-45 minutes later.

We drive down, so the case of water from Kingdom didn't matter for us, but I can certainly see where it would if you were flying!

We used Orlando Stroller in January - very good experience. We rented a double for a 3 and 5 year old. Our stroller was very clean, little wear, had a good parent console for drinks, etc, no performance issues, and included a free rain cover. They also sent a free soft cooler, but we didn't use it. It was waiting for us at our resort when we arrived about 2-3 PM.

We ended up adding a day to our trip last minute and had no problem with that. I called and left a message while we were still getting ready to head to the park (pretty early morning, maybe 7:30?) and had a call back on the bus about 30-45 minutes later.

We drive down, so the case of water from Kingdom didn't matter for us, but I can certainly see where it would if you were flying!

Can I ask you about the rain cover? Did it fit the stroller and was it durable? We will be there in July, so I'm expecting to get a lot of use out of it!!! If it's just a cheap generic cover that doesn't fit well, then I may think of trying to bring our own. THANKS!

We've used Kingdom Strollers twice and highly recommend. They replaced our stroller quickly and during our resort downtime when it failed to fold after the third day or so. The stroller has always been delivered when they said it would be, or earlier. We used the rain cover once, too, and it covered the stroller well and kept the kids dry without using ponchos for them.

I would plan the cost of rain cover in where ever you rent from as I would be sure to have that. nothing is worse than a wet stroller and cranky kids. and in Disney pop up showers can ruin a day quick without a stroller cover. cover is much better than ponchos for coving the stroller

I would plan the cost of rain cover in where ever you rent from as I would be sure to have that. nothing is worse than a wet stroller and cranky kids. and in Disney pop up showers can ruin a day quick without a stroller cover. cover is much better than ponchos for coving the stroller

Not sure about any other company but Kingdom includes the rain cover that is made for the stroller and a small cooler for free as long as you request it.

My most recent experience was with Kingdom Strollers and that was 2 years ago, but they were amazing. Very accommodating and responsive when I had some questions/confusion on my reservation.

Can I ask you about the rain cover? Did it fit the stroller and was it durable? We will be there in July, so I'm expecting to get a lot of use out of it!!! If it's just a cheap generic cover that doesn't fit well, then I may think of trying to bring our own. THANKS!

I meant to say a little more about the cover, then got distracted. Replies are hard :P

The cover was definitely made for that stroller, and seemed quite durable, not flimsy. Took us a minute to sort out how it fit, but once we did, it was easy. We've never used stroller covers at home, so it was new to us - if you're in the same boat, I would recommend trying it on at the resort BEFORE having to do it in a hurry in the rain.

Ours leaked the time we used it to park our stroller outside Great Movie Ride with impending rain, but I'm 99% sure it was because we didn't know what we were doing. It seemed to be an air vent leaking - I think we had it a little crooked and on top rather than on the side. And I hadn't double checked the zippers to make sure they were tightly closed. Lessons learned. On the plus side, we had ponchos the kids could sit on and the stroller dried quickly that night. I would recommend bringing some el cheapo ponchos or something similar just in case your cover does leak or the stroller gets caught out in rain in parking without the cover. Ours were large enough to cover the whole stroller and the kids sit on top. Good lightweight backup plan.

We never used the cover with the kids in it, so I can't speak to that aspect of it. Our only other day with rain was at AK. Stroller parking seemed hard to come by, so we ended up parking it and mostly walking rather than taking it from spot to spot with the kids under the cover. The parking may not be as bad as it seemed - every CM I asked that day was quite rude about it, and since it was raining pretty steady all morning, we didn't spend time hunting around a lot. Only park we encountered rude CMs the whole 9 day trip - it was very odd. Guess the rain put everyone in a bad mood.

We like Kingdom and Orlando Strollers and have used them interchangeably. The rain cover is a MUST for us!! They fit very well - are very heavy clear plastic and the kids can sit in the stroller with the cover down (they might have to scrunch up their feet which my 5 year old had non problem with!).

Apple Stroller does not have the GT and we like the bigger stroller, but it IS bigger/heavier!!

We have rented from Orlando Stroller rentals 4 times over the last five years with no complaints. This was the first time we didn't get a new stroller but it was in great condition. Their prices are competitive and they are reliable too. I would definitely make sure your rental includes a rain cover, your kids will thank you for it ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter