Stroller for a 6 year old???

I have a Maclaren and I can't tell you how many times I've lent it to friends going to WDW for their "older" kids. I would love to have someone push me around in a stroller if I could get away with it!!

Some kids just don`t have the stamina for all that walking and I`ve always found the stroller to be a saving grace.

The thing is I have 3 younger kids, they don't all get tired or need a break at the same time. If I stopped and took a break every time one of them needed we wouldn't do anything. Having a stroller allows whichever one is tired to have a break while the other kids continue on. It's not realistic to stop every time one needs a break. If I had only one child that would be quite different.

I posted something relatively similar several pages ago, and think disneynewbee has a great point. Again, we have three boys (currently ages 5, 12 and 13) and we've been taking them frequently since our oldest was a baby. We could go stroller-free by age four for our older two because they were so similar in age/needs. And I could go stroller-free when I took our 5-year-old on my own in April - it's just SO much easier with just one child. It's MUCH different to travel with multiple children with different ages and/or needs. We don't bring a stroller for our almost-6-year-old, but I can definitely understand why others do, whether they have one child or many.

If you are like us and don't bring a stroller, keep in mind the occasional rental option. That's what we did at MNSSHP and it was a great way to keep our entire family together for this special event.

Thought that might grab a couple looks, but it's not what it may appear to say. You know your child better than anyone. You should decide whether to use a stroller or not. That said, IN MY OPINION, if your child isnt disabled in some true fashion other than being out of shape already, you are doing that child a disservice. Otherwise if your child isnt out of shape or lazy then if you feel you need a stroller maybe, just maybe, your are going commando style in the parks and you need to tone it down.

Just my observation, but yes all the medical sources are saying American kids are getting lazy and are now a majority in the world for childhood obesity and diabeties.

Oh and on another thought, they can drink out of the waterhose without dying as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter