Strike yer colors, you brazen wench, no need to expose yer superstructure! New p. 16

I know, right?! Kids have access to all the stuff in there on there phones. It's boring. To me, that is the only flat area in Disneyland.

Me too!! Tomorrowland has improved though and my hope is that they replace that and do something with the old People Mover stuff.

Me too!! Tomorrowland has improved though and my hope is that they replace that and do something with the old People Mover stuff.

What was the name of the of ride that replaced the People Mover? It wasn't there very long?

I say make a modern day Adventures Through Inner Space or a smaller Spaceship Earth where Innovention is.

And apparently we have an Ulta 15 minutes from our house that I pass daily in the way to work! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

What was the name of the of ride that replaced the People Mover? It wasn't there very long?

I say make a modern day Adventures Through Inner Space or a smaller Spaceship Earth where Innovention is.

I do not remember. We went 10 years without going.

And apparently we have an Ulta 15 minutes from our house that I pass daily in the way to work! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Ooh I know someplace you can go have some fun mother daughter time. It has something for everyone.

I do not remember. We went 10 years without going.

Ooh I know someplace you can go have some fun mother daughter time. It has something for everyone.

Looks like we both took our long breaks at the same time. The early 90s were not Disneyland's best years.

I'm excited! I had no clue it was there. :upsidedow

Looks like we both took our long breaks at the same time. The early 90s were not Disneyland's best years.

I'm excited! I had no clue it was there. :upsidedow

Kody is going to a concert in February with a friend so Kacy and I are going to hang out. That is on our list as a thing to do.:rotfl:

Kody is going to a concert in February with a friend so Kacy and I are going to hang out. That is on our list as a thing to do.:rotfl:

Sounds like it's a win-win! Love it!

It seems that the week after mine was not the most magical week for Disneyland. I feel bad when it doesn't live up to the expectations for people. :sad1: Our experience was fantastic!

Ok- all caught up, rhetoric and all! You really make me want to go to DL!!! Not that I didn't want to go already, but....now even more! And knowing that it is relatively empty on my birthday doesn't hurt, either- because that's when I want to go...one of these years...

Anyway- I just want to tell you Gabby made me CRY! That was so wonderful of her to share with her siblings that way! :love: I am a fan for life!:thumbsup2

Is GRR just like Kali RR or is it longer? Just curious-

Ok- back to my regularly scheduled coughing. I am STILL sick :headache:- I went to the Dr today and got some cough syrup, so sleeping will be nice, for a change, tonight. But really??? this is the pits!

Ok- all caught up, rhetoric and all! You really make me want to go to DL!!! Not that I didn't want to go already, but....now even more! And knowing that it is relatively empty on my birthday doesn't hurt, either- because that's when I want to go...one of these years...

Anyway- I just want to tell you Gabby made me CRY! That was so wonderful of her to share with her siblings that way! :love: I am a fan for life!:thumbsup2

Is GRR just like Kali RR or is it longer? Just curious-

Ok- back to my regularly scheduled coughing. I am STILL sick :headache:- I went to the Dr today and got some cough syrup, so sleeping will be nice, for a change, tonight. But really??? this is the pits!

Oh lady, what do you have? What did the doc say? I'm so sorry you're still sick. :hug:

You MUST go for your birthday! It's amazing. The GCV have the best resort/park distance. You literally walk out of the GCV and are in DCA. :thumbsup2 Even closer than the Epcot resorts are to Epcot.

Grizzly River is like Kali with a modified theme.

Thanks for the kind words about Gabby. :goodvibes

Catching up here.
GCV is so pretty. Your tr is so dangerous. I need to add on at GCV. :rotfl:

pirate: It's amazing. I am working on my update now. :surfweb: Promise you will stay there and not the DLH when you go, at least for your first trip. :flower3: We can now use points for regular hotel rooms at the GCV. My guess is it will be $$$ though.

pirate: It's amazing. I am working on my update now. :surfweb: Promise you will stay there and NOT the DLH when you go. :flower3: We can now use points for regular hotel rooms at the GCV. My guess is it will be $$$ though.

Now me, I am a DLH fan!! From the word go.

As we made our way merrily out of DCA and over to Disneyland we were still full of energy. It had been a terrific day thus far and we were raring to go. :woohoo:

Upon entering Disneyland I suggested doing the Tiki Room. I was met with a thundering; NO! :faint: My peeps are insane. I asked them if they would do it tomorrow and again they said no so I decided to do it alone. I am generally not an alone type Disneyland gal however there was no way I was missing the Tiki Room. They headed for Space to grab FPs and to ride Buzz. Later losers! :lmao: Seriously, Buzz over the Tiki Room? I can’t even wrap my brain around it. :crazy2:

I grabbed a Dole Float (on the inside line which had just one person vs the outside line which had about 10) and just chilled. I swear you can feel Walt’s presence in certain areas of Disneyland and this is one of them :cloud9: I didn’t totally dork out and take a self-portrait with my Float but did grab a few photos with my phone. Words cannot explain how happy the Tiki Room makes me. I apologize for the quality of the photos. It’s very dark in there and no flash photography. ;)

photo2.jpg

IMG_2581.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

My buddy Jose:

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

After the Tiki Room we met up to ride POTC. Joshua noticed that the lily pads during the bayou scene are hidden Mickeys. Great eye kid! :thumbsup2

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

On the way out of POTC I made DH take a photo of me in front of Club 33. It’s totally on my bucket list.

IMG_2587.jpg

As I was taking the photo the door opened and I snapped this. ::yes:: I am that pathetic. :teeth:

IMG_2588.jpg

They totally held the door open and had I been thinking straight I would have casually ditched my family and gone in as far as I could which I'm sure when have been about 5 steps. :rotfl:

We went back to Space and rode with FPs though they weren’t necessary. At all. I don’t remember the last time I was at such an uncrowded Disneyland. It was fantastic.

This was as close as I thought I’d get to riding Nemo:

IMG_2590.jpg

Iconic:

IMG_2589.jpg

Cont in next post.....

Next we finally got to enjoy IASW. Another one of my favorite spots in Disneyland. Clearly. :blush:

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2597.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

DH clearly into it and trying to not-so-secretly check football scores :rotfl2:

IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Hate this snowman, bring back the tree!

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

Cont in next post.....

There is something about Disneyland at night :lovestruc Even the balloons look better.

IMG_2623.jpg

I took a ton of pics on the way out but need DH to edit them, they look grey and spotty.

We headed back into DCA and everyone decided they were starving. The kids also came up with a plan for the night. They wanted to ride GRR at close and watch WoC from the balcony for the second night in a row. I was so totally down with that. But first we needed to get on some warm clothes and have some dinner. Unanimously we decided on WWS at the GCV. It really is a sort of hidden gem. We ordered a ton of food and shared:

(1) Chicken or Shredded Beef Nachos - with guacamole, sour cream, jalapenos and salsa. $9.99 ::yes:: Again, with chicken. These are so good.

(1) Personal Pizza - with mozzarella or pepperoni, served with a fresh garden salad. $7.49

(1) Chicken Breast Nuggets - $5.99 This was a kids' meal and HUGE. Came with a ton of fries and a drink.

We also ordered chili cheese fries which I don't see on the AllEars menu. They were also big and gooey and warm and delicious. I think they were $7.99 and more than enough to share.

My starving kids:

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

Our new favorite short cut to the villas:

IMG_2636.jpg

After a quick change we decided to split up. That’s right, split up. Joshua really dislikes ToT and Screamin’. I could give or take both. Riding each once a trip satisfies me. Joshua really wanted to ride Goofy’s Sky School again and I wanted one last shot at TSMM. We wanted to ride Soarin’ again too before the last planned ride of GRR. We had places to go! More photos:

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2640.jpg

We rode Goofy’s Sky School twice and TSMM once. They rode ToT and Screamin’ twice. Each. It was really was that empty. I am telling you this was the best time to be at the Disneyland Resort. It had all of the holiday cheer sans the holiday crowds.

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

I moved up a level :cool2:

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2647.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2649.jpg

:wave: After Soarin’ the kids got their wish of GRR twice, got soaked, and we bid our farewell to DCA. Aside from the construction and the dead area near ToT, I enjoyed DCA. It could have been more dressed for the holidays though.

I think we got about ¾ of the way through WoC when it stopped due to technical difficulties. And some idiots fighting. Not sure which came first but that’s what I heard. We were totally fine as we’d seen it the night before from our balcony. The little kids wanted to go down to the hot tub so DH took them down:

IMG_2653.jpg

It was another truly magical day at DCA and Disneyland. We had enough time to fill everyones wishes. We were all asleep by 9:30. DH and I had planned to grab a drink after the kids' time in the hot tub but by the time he got back, I was too tired. :scared1: I'm a granny, you know that though.

Next up: our final Disneyland day for this trip.......

The Rocket Rods

I haven't been on either many times since you get wet, but I think Kali is a lot longer than GRR.

Kali is LONGER???? So then on GRR, you basically just walk across the raft to the exit and that's the ride? ;) I was kind of hoping GRR was longer since Kali is so short-

Kali is LONGER???? So then on GRR, you basically just walk across the raft to the exit and that's the ride? ;) I was kind of hoping GRR was longer since Kali is so short-

They seem very similar aside from the theme however I've only been on Kali a few times and the last was May 2009. How are you feeling? :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter