Strike yer colors, you brazen wench, no need to expose yer superstructure! New p. 16

Let me start by saying I had mouth surgery today so pardon any typos, blame the Lortab. :blush:

My bff lives on the Garden Grove/Seal Beach border and we stayed with her pre-Disney. I went to CSULB and worked at Legends in Belmont Shore forever. I miss the LBC. We went to Newport and Seal beaches. How I ended up in Utah is beyond me. I'm away from two of my biggest non-family loves: Disneyland and the beach.

I like nosy! ::yes:: A tallit is a prayer shawl. DD is having her bat mitzvah this May. Our rabbi's family own a Jewish store in Westwood and orginally we were going to buy her tallit there. She has now decided she wants a Disney themed one. :cutie: I am currently looking for material to have it made. I'm going to buy a plain white one and then have it decorated around the top with whatever Mickey material she finds. I just love her idea and it will be meaning and personal to her. :thumbsup2 Her bat mitzvah gift will be our mega WDW trip next October. She chose that over a big party and I couldn't be happier. We are also bringing her bff with us to WDW.

The entrance to DCA from the GCV cannot be beat. It floors me everytime we get to go in/out of it. Even my kids, at their young ages, appreciated the proximity stating more than once how totally cool it was. :thumbsup2 I am currently researching our 2012 WDW trip and when I told DH we are borrowing he said that we'll just have to add on at the GCV. :lovestruc I think I love him more today than yesterday. :rotfl2: We were on the 4th floor near the elevators.

I'm so glad you got to see them. How's the trip? I'm sorry we missed you.

:lmao: Power through! I can't wait to read about your vacation and :welcome: to this report. I'm glad you're here. Can't wait to see your DLH pics. How was the HoJo?

Whew! On my way to surgery this morning we saw tons of signs and trees and damage all over. We lucked out; our lights didn't even flicker. The periodontist assistant said her fence was demolished and she found her swamp cooler on her driveway. :sad2:

Did the kids enjoy the concert?

We were lucky, but I guess it was our turn to luck out. We had a wind storm in March and lost part of our roof, and then on November 1 we lost part of our fence. Santa Cruz really got hit bad from what I am hearing. They still have no power to a lot of the town.

Yes, they did. My bff and I had fun too. We went to an Ulta and she got a make over and bought lots of make up.:rotfl:

We were lucky, but I guess it was our turn to luck out. We had a wind storm in March and lost part of our roof, and then on November 1 we lost part of our fence. Santa Cruz really got hit bad from what I am hearing. They still have no power to a lot of the town.

Yes, they did. My bff and I had fun too. We went to an Ulta and she got a make over and bought lots of make up.:rotfl:

What's an Ulta? Glad you all had a good night.

One of my dear friends lives in Santa Cruz and she lost power for a good part of yesterday but no major damage. Mother Nature seems collectively pissed at all of us.

What's an Ulta? Glad you all had a good night.

One of my dear friends lives in Santa Cruz and she lost power for a good part of yesterday but no major damage. Mother Nature seems collectively pissed at all of us.

An Ulta is the ultimate shop women. Or men that like the finer things. They have make up, body care products, hair products, they even have a beauty salon in. They have a huge Bare Essentials section where they do your make up. I believe they own Bare Essentials. I could spend tons of money in there, I didn't think their prices are that bad. They have every brand of make up known to woman kind.

Mother Nature is definitely pissed off.

An Ulta is the ultimate shop women. Or men that like the finer things. They have make up, body care products, hair products, they even have a beauty salon in. They have a huge Bare Essentials section where they do your make up. I believe they own Bare Essentials. I could spend tons of money in there, I didn't think their prices are that bad. They have every brand of make up known to woman kind.

Mother Nature is definitely pissed off.

:thumbsup2 I want an Ulta. Gabby uses Bare Essentials. Our local Penney's has a Sephora in it so we buy her stuff there. She is like you and could go crazy. My make up kit consists Burt's Bees lip balm. :laughing: But I do love my lotions and body care products.

:thumbsup2 I want an Ulta. Gabby uses Bare Essentials. Our local Penney's has a Sephora in it so we buy her stuff there. She is like you and could go crazy. My make up kit consists Burt's Bees lip balm. :laughing: But I do love my lotions and body care products.

They have a ton of Burt's Bees stuff in it too. I was amazed when I saw all of the different Burt's Bees stuff I didn't realize there were so many different products in that line. I am not a make up wearer, I wear very little but Kacy loves make up. They didn't have just make up though they had all sorts of body care products.

They have a ton of Burt's Bees stuff in it too. I was amazed when I saw all of the different Burt's Bees stuff I didn't realize there were so many different products in that line. I am not a make up wearer, I wear very little but Kacy loves make up. They didn't have just make up though they had all sorts of body care products.

We have nothing like that here. :sad1: Utah blows. No Trader Joe's, no Bev Mo (I think that's the name- they sell booze on the cheap), and no Jack in the Box.

I've been trying to work on my update but my mouth hurts so bad I can't seem to pull it together in a flowing fashion. :blush:

We have nothing like that here. :sad1: Utah blows. No Trader Joe's, no Bev Mo (I think that's the name- they sell booze on the cheap), and no Jack in the Box.

I've been trying to work on my update but my mouth hurts so bad I can't seem to pull it together in a flowing fashion. :blush:

Jenny, take your pain pills and relax. The trip report will wait.

Bevmo isn't really that cheap. But they have the best selection of beers from all around the world.

Jenny, take your pain pills and relax. The trip report will wait.

Bevmo isn't really that cheap. But they have the best selection of beers from all around the world.

Me? Relax? :rotfl2: Disney planning/reporting is stress reducing to me. It's so my drug of choice. :cloud9: I have been reading up on AKV all day. DH thinks I'm even more :banana: and is wondering if they gave me more than a little laughing gas.

Beers from around the world is so up DH's alley. The darker and thicker, the better.

I'm a little late, but am signing on! :banana:

:welcome: Good to see you. You aren't late. I've only done travel day and tidbits from the few days prior to Disneyland. :goodvibes I forgot to leave a page for the table of contents; I am such a newbie. ;) I see you're going to Vero Beach- awesome!!!! :woohoo:

A hair curling husband? You and your daughters are very lucky!

I thnk you need to plan a NYC shopping trip. Sephora, Henri Bendel, Trader Joe's, Fairway (sooo much better than Trader Joe's or Whole Foods), Kiehl's, L'Occitane (best shea body butter).... :rolleyes1

A hair curling husband? You and your daughters are very lucky!

I thnk you need to plan a NYC shopping trip. Sephora, Henri Bendel, Trader Joe's, Fairway (sooo much better than Trader Joe's or Whole Foods), Kiehl's, L'Occitane (best shea body butter).... :rolleyes1

How is your post at the top of the page? :upsidedow :lmao:

We are lucky Jen. :goodvibes He sets a great example to girls on how they should expect to be treated and a good example to DS on how to treat women. Don't get me wrong, he's human and male and can be a butt at times but yes, we are blessed. ;)

I would love to go to NYC. Next time DH has a job there, I am seriously considering going. :thumbsup2 I went once in December 2001 and it was unreal; the vibe in that city cannot be beat.

How is your post at the top of the page? :upsidedow :lmao:

We are lucky Jen. :goodvibes He sets a great example to girls on how they should expect to be treated and a good example to DS on how to treat women. Don't get me wrong, he's human and male and can be a butt at times but yes, we are blessed. ;)

I would love to go to NYC. Next time DH has a job there, I am seriously considering going. :thumbsup2 I went once in December 2001 and it was unreal; the vibe in that city cannot be beat.

I have no idea how my post ended up there. I just assumed I had one too many cocktails and it only looked that way to me. :rotfl:

You definitely have to visit!

I can't wait to see your GCV pics. When are the updates suppose to be done at DCA?

I have no idea how my post ended up there. I just assumed I had one too many cocktails and it only looked that way to me. :rotfl:

You definitely have to visit!

I can't wait to see your GCV pics. When are the updates suppose to be done at DCA?

I didn't take a ton of the room but have a bunch around the resort and of our view. Mmmm.....cocktails. Let me know when you're ready to start planning your Disneyland visit. I wanna help!

As far as updates with DCA, I believe it's should be complete by next summer. I did have a CM tell me though that Tomorrowland is undergoing a HUGE facelift similar to WDW's Fantasyland renovation starting in January 2012.

Ok...this is weird!

Totally. :hippie:

My bff lives on the Garden Grove/Seal Beach border and we stayed with her pre-Disney. I went to CSULB and worked at Legends in Belmont Shore forever. I miss the LBC. We went to Newport and Seal beaches. How I ended up in Utah is beyond me. I'm away from two of my biggest non-family loves: Disneyland and the beach.

Ah....two places that I drive by often, well three if you count the Beach, I went to CSUNorthridge and we were always in competition with the Jazz Bands from Long Beach. Did you know that Legends had a huge fire a while back and had to almost completely rebuild the place? I was just wondering if any of those piers or beaches were in Long Beach. Pretty soon they all start looking the same. :laughing:

I like nosy! ::yes:: A tallit is a prayer shawl. DD is having her bat mitzvah this May. Our rabbi's family own a Jewish store in Westwood and orginally we were going to buy her tallit there. She has now decided she wants a Disney themed one. :cutie: I am currently looking for material to have it made. I'm going to buy a plain white one and then have it decorated around the top with whatever Mickey material she finds. I just love her idea and it will be meaning and personal to her. :thumbsup2 Her bat mitzvah gift will be our mega WDW trip next October. She chose that over a big party and I couldn't be happier. We are also bringing her bff with us to WDW.

Interesting to know. And you brainwashed er.....ahem raised her right. What a cute idea!

:thumbsup2 Wow! I feel so ripped off. Utah could support that; I wonder why we lack so many great businesses? Thanks for the link. I'm liking the $3.50 off $10 code. gabby wants make-up brushes in her stocking.

Ah....two places that I drive by often, well three if you count the Beach, I went to CSUNorthridge and we were always in competition with the Jazz Bands from Long Beach. Did you know that Legends had a huge fire a while back and had to almost completely rebuild the place? I was just wondering if any of those piers or beaches were in Long Beach. Pretty soon they all start looking the same. :laughing:

I did know about the fire. I visted right after the remodel. Love their wings still. This last trip was just too short to visit all of our favorites and the kids hadn't been to Newport in years. It was such a beautiful day. The weather was amazing during our entire trip.

I agree and about the piers looking the same. Having a Ruby's on the end of them all doesn't help any. :laughing:

Interesting to know. And you brainwashed er.....ahem raised her right. What a cute idea!

:laughing: She loves Disney as much as I do. She said that when I'm old she'll take care of me and oush me around the park in my wheelchair. I seriously love that child. :lovestruc

I am having some serious GCV withdrawls.

The plan for today, Sunday, was to wake up uber early and arrive to the DLR with enough time to check in at the GCV, drop our bags, return the rental car to Alamo in DTD, and make MM which began at 7 am. Everyone was on board for this plan. :woohoo: I got the bright idea to call Alamo the day before to make sure we could drop the keys even though the office didn't open until 8 am. I called and was told that this Alamo did not offer any after hours service. :confused: It sounded strange to me so I called back and was told the same thing by another employee. DH said no way and we should stick with the plan as he'd never heard of this. I didn't want to wake everyone that early without reason so I changed our plan to be at Alamo right at 8 am.

We left my friend's house by 7 am, stopped at Albertson's on Katella, which by the way is undergoing a lot of construction, to buy some supplies for the next few days. I bought bananas, apples, cereal, milk, oj, beef jerky, pretzels, Pringles, BBQ chips, case of water, beer, hot cocoa, microwave popcorn, Doritos...mostly snacky late night stuff as we knew the the parks would be closing early on Monday and Tuesday and that if all went well, we'd be watching the WoC from our balcony or at least the GCV's viewing deck. pixiedust:

We arrived to the GCV by 7:30 am, I checked in while DH dropped the bags and this was the beautiful sight I saw:

IMG_2370.jpg

IMG_2369.jpg

I was in total awe so I didn't get a ton of photos. It was fairly busy for 7:30 am. Bell Services told DH that they were expecting close to 500 check ins and over 500 check outs each that day. :eek:

Our CM was very sweet and noted my villa request on floors 4 and higher, ran into the back, and came back with our Welcome Home/resort paper work. I told her I was very willing to wait for a few particular villas as we planned on heading to the parks and could also enjoy the pool while we waited for our villa. I am a total view junkie. :cloud9: She said check in was at 4:00. I was prepared to wait. We had packed swim suits and sunscreen in a seperate bag as not to have to dig though our many suitcases. This would prove to be a good idea.

We were told we'd receive a text when our villa was ready so off we went. When we arrived at Alamo about 7:50, of course they had an after hours drop box. :headache: Dropped the keys and we were heading to security :teeth: but not before stopping at Compass Books/Cafe for some coffee, a 4 pack of Krispie Kreme, and oj for the kids.

I forgot my DVC membership card but our room key had the words *DVC Member* at the top and that was enough to receive our 10% discount thoughout the trip. :woohoo:

IMG_2372.jpg

To be continued......

Now here comes some blasphemy. I still can't believe it as I type it but I was outvoted 3 1/2 to 1 1/2 (Chloe wasn't 100% convinced). They wanted to take the Monorail. Into the park. For the first time of the trip. :faint: I about threw up in my mouth. Literally. :laughing: I couldn't believe their request. It was then I realized that my kids are growing up and my way of touring Disney would need to change with the times. Flexibility is not my strong suit. Where was my flying Ativan when I needed it?!

There was no line for Monorail security as we headed for it until some lady with her hubby and two kids ran into us in such a hurry to get in front of us. She was beaking at her kids to hurry hurry....Right as she bumped into DH her DD dropped her tin of mints all over the security table. Everywhere. Now while I felt bad for the child, it was total karma for the lady as she had to wait for her daughter to pick up the mints. pirate: Later days rude women.

On the Monorail:

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

We headed to Star Tours while DH ran to Space to grab FPs. Here is a photo of our FP runner extraordinaire in action:

IMG_2377.jpg

Star Tours sans wait. Literally there was no wait at about 8:10 am even with a Magic Morning.

IMG_2375.jpg

Astro Orbitor- we did not ride it once this trip:

IMG_2376.jpg

After, nice spin on Buzz, again without wait:

IMG_2378.jpg

At this point we could almost grab another FP so we headed to the better, er other ;) side of the park

On the way, through the hub, to Frontierland we go:

IMG_2379.jpg

This was the only day BTMRR would be open during our 3 days so I knew we needed to totally overdose on it as we all really enjoy it.

IMG_2380.jpg

IMG_2381.jpg

Time to ride and grab a FP for Indy. Again there was NO line. Here is my lame attempt at the Eeyore parking sign. The CM did not have a flashlight:

IMG_2382.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

Headed to to ride HMH and grab a FP for Splash:

IMG_2384.jpg

While waiting for our fearless FP runner. Good thing I married a triathlete:

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2386.jpg

IMG_2387.jpg

IMG_2388.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

I took the above while the doors were still open and the room was light. Don't worry, no flash photography here. :angel:

At this point, I am still shocked that we have literally walked on everything. There was no wait on the Sunday after Thanksgiving with an MM. :wizard: Magical!

On the way to ride POTC:

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2391.jpg

Cont. in next post....

At this point we were famished and decided that the River Belle Terrace would be the perfect breakfast. This food pic should be greatly appreciated as I got made mad fun of for taking it.

photo-18.jpg

We ordered:

(2) Steamboat - Three Fluffy Pancakes, Scrambled Eggs, Choice of Bacon or Sausage. $7.99

(1) Mark Twain - Scrambled Eggs, Country Style Potatoes, & Choice of Bacon or Sausage and a biscuit. $7.99

This was for the 5 of us and we still threw food away. I hold my stance that their portions are huge and easily sharable.

After breakfast they rode Spalsh with a few minute wait so we kept out FPs for later. :banana: Soaked at 10 am doesn't hold any value to me. ;)

IMG_2392.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

IMG_2395.jpg

It was starting to warm up and time to rent a locker. Here are the kids waiting on the Main St porch. Joshua is getting a little tired, note his eyes. :laughing: I asked if they wanted to break and got a unanimous: heck no!

IMG_2396.jpg

Headed back to ride Space and grab more Space FPs. You can never hold enoughg FPs. I think when we finally broke for the day, which was by 1:00 we held 7 sets of FPs for various attractions. :thumbsup2

During the next 2 hours we rode Indy 2 more times, Jungle Cruise, Splash, the Matterhorn, enjoyed an ice cream and Bengal BBQ. Photos in no order:

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

At Bengall we ordered:
(2) Bengal Beef Skewer - In a Sweet Zulu Sauce $3.99

IMG_2410.jpg

(2) Mickey Mouse Pretzel - With Cheese $3.49

IMG_2411.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

I didn't get pics of the ice cream but they ordered 2 frozen chocolate covered bananas and one of those frozen fruit bars.

We left Disneyland by 1:00. The crowds has grown and people were already starting to line up for the 2:30 parade.

To be continued......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter