• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Strike yer colors, you brazen wench, no need to expose yer superstructure! New p. 16

A little back story.....

Not sure if everyone whose reading this has read my ptr so I'd like to give a little synopsis:

Day 1: Thanksgiving. Fly to LGB from SLC. Dinner with BFF and my family
Day 2: beach
Day 3: beach
Day 4: check into the GCV, Disneyland, dinner at Carnation Cafe
Day 5: DCA, dinner at Ariel's with WoC seating/standing/cattle call
Day 6: Disneyland, Holiday Tour
Day 7: fly home

I will forewarn you that I am super detail orientated and took a slew of photos. If you object to either, check out now. :laughing:

Our flight was scheduled for 6:30 am through Jet Blue. The day before I tried to do online check in and spend the $20 per person for extra leg room. Jet Blue's system would allow me to check in and buy the leg room for everyone but myself. :hyper: I called twice and they said it must be a computer glitch and I'd have to check in when I arrive. So much for easy peasy lemon squeezy. Have no fear. This hiccup would not set the tone for the trip or remotely dampen our Disney moods.

:woohoo: We woke up early, threw the bags and the kids in the car, and were off. We arrived at the Park n Jet (I just love companies who skip letters and vowles :lmao:) and arrived to SLC in plenty of time for our flight.

Check in was easy, they comped my $20 extra leg room seat (note first dose of pixiedust), and we did the whole security thing sans incident. For some reason my almost 15 y/o usually gets chosen for the 2nd base patdown by TSA but she was free and clear this time. And very happy. It's mortifying for adult and I've been to 2nd base plenty of times. For a young teenage girl, it's barf-worthy.

We stopped and got the kids a little breakfast egg sandwich thingy from the snack area as I knew they'd be starving once we got on the plan. I was right. As usual. ;)

The flight was peaceful. DH and I had the kids in the row in front of us. I just have to add I really like Jet Blue better than any airline. :thumbsup2 The personal tvs rock.

iPhone pic from the air:

photo-17-1.jpg

In about 1 hour and 20 minutes we were safe on the ground in Long Beach. I also have to to note that I heart this airport. It's a breeze.

Kids waiting for luggage:

photo-16-1.jpg

I had reserved a car from Alamo. They gave a us a nearly new, only 1,900 miles, silver Jeep Liberty. It still had the new car smell. And Nevada plates. Thanks Alamo for insuring I wouldn't speed in So Cal. I didn't get a pic of the car but you can click this silly long link here if you really want to see it.

http://www.google.com/search?q=silv...e&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CFoQ_AUoAQ&biw=1251&bih=637

We weren't scheduled to begin our Disney portion of the trip until Day 4 so I don't want to get too off topic and do a whole So Cal trip report so here are just a few photos of the next 3 days:

DH's magnificent turkey:

photo-15-1.jpg

DH helping our oldest DD curl her hair. He is truly such a good father:

photo-14-1.jpg

Continued in next post.....

A little hot tub:

IMG_2283.jpg

Some obnoxious teenager:

IMG_2281.jpg

Some beach fun:

photo-9-1.jpg

IMG_2294.jpg

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

Some fake snow fun, dinner at Taco Surf, and tree lighting in Seal Beach:

IMG_2364.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2354-1.jpg

Of course the night before the Disneyland portion of the trip we needed to pick up our tickets so we headed to Disneyland. We couldn't resist a stroll through DTD and a peek into the GCV. Our oldest stayed back with my bff so it was me, DH, middle DD, and DS. Here is a little of what we saw and did. We couldn't help but stop into the GCV and have a little cocoa and cookie:

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

photo-10-1.jpg

photo-12-1.jpg

photo-13-1.jpg

photo-11-1.jpg

That hour in DTD was just what we needed to switch from beach mode to Disney mode.

To be continued........ :flower3:

Isn't DH sweet to help DD? That is above and beyond!!

The beach looks amazing. Be glad you aren't in LA this week. There are such high winds! Crazy stuff, and definitely no fireworks, Fantasmic, or WoC for sure. I heard that there were gusts of 98 mph on one of the peaks.

The hot cocoa and cookies look so good.

The beach looks amazing. Be glad you aren't in LA this week. There are such high winds! Crazy stuff, and definitely no fireworks, Fantasmic, or WoC for sure. I heard that there were gusts of 98 mph on one of the peaks.

Be careful out there. :goodvibes

I am so glad we flew out yesterday. DH doesn't work until Saturday and we debated staying until Friday. I am so glad we didn't. Our winds are so high here that they have closed our schools for tomorrow! DH had to go to the FD on mandatory overtime/call back today which hasn't happened in years. The hospital I work at lost power and a generator and ran on one today. So happy I didn't have to work.

Checking out the GCV the night before for a little treat was just perfect. :cloud9:

Be careful out there. :goodvibes

I am so glad we flew out yesterday. DH doesn't work until Saturday and we debated staying until Friday. I am so glad we didn't. Our winds are so high here that they have closed our schools for tomorrow! DH had to go to the FD on mandatory overtime/call back today which hasn't happened in years. The hospital I work at lost power and a generator and ran on one today. So happy I didn't have to work.

Checking out the GCV the night before for a little treat was just perfect. :cloud9:

Oh wow! This is so late in the year for what I call a fire wind. Normally October is the latest for them and by this time if we get the wind it is with rain. I hope DH doesn't have any bad stuff to deal with. I am glad you didn't extend too, I can't imagine it's too fun there right now.

Oh wow! This is so late in the year for what I call a fire wind. Normally October is the latest for them and by this time if we get the wind it is with rain. I hope DH doesn't have any bad stuff to deal with. I am glad you didn't extend too, I can't imagine it's too fun there right now.

Our pixie dust cup runneth over. We were this close to changing flights and doing another beach and Disneyland day each. We would have stayed at my friend's another 2 nights.

They had fires and roofs blown off, tons of power lines down and gas leaks galore. It's nuts tonight. Of course we are getting the kids pizza and going for Mexican food. :rotfl2:

Our pixie dust cup runneth over. We were this close to changing flights and doing another beach and Disneyland day each. We would have stayed at my friend's another 2 nights.

They had fires and roofs blown off, tons of power lines down and gas leaks galore. It's nuts tonight. Of course we are getting the kids pizza and going for Mexican food. :rotfl2:

Oh wow and I am headed out on the highway to Sacramento. I am not thrilled to be going on the highway but I am driving my girls and my bff's daughter to a concert tonight. Yeehaw. Hopefully the wind will back down a bit.

Oh wow and I am headed out on the highway to Sacramento. I am not thrilled to be going on the highway but I am driving my girls and my bff's daughter to a concert tonight. Yeehaw. Hopefully the wind will back down a bit.

Be safe girl! You are such a good mom.

I'm working on an update already. :laughing: Chloe is at a friend's, Gabby has a friend here, and DH and Joshua are watching football. I'm almost finished with the laundry. I should be scrubbing toilets but instead I am sitting in front of the tree and fire cuddled with the dogs and DH's Macbook. :thumbsup2

Looks like you got off to a great start! So did you stay in Long Beach? popcorn:: If so what section? What beach did you go to?

You modified you post of your itinerary, originally you were going to Westwood for a tiillitz?

Not to be nosy...just curious...

I wanted to share one last insight on the GCV before I start this report is proper order. This place is amazing :cloud9: I enjoy the total emersion that this resort offers. Riding GRR 6 times in a row and being able to run across the way and up into our villa to change into dry clothes rocks!
Yep, the GRR being right outside the door + the dryer in the villa was what had sold me on buying VGC points before I ever walked into the presentation. After every stay its hard to not want to buy more points but DH is making me wait for the DLH Villas. :rolleyes1
If you don't mind my asking, which villa did you get? Was it 4500? We had that one last year and were blown away by the view and it looks so similar ...

We watched the fireworks on Wednesday night, and WOC last night. Not all that windy at DLR, really. I do think the fireworks were canceled last night, but it was just breezy.

Jenny, I'm having fun reading through your TR this morning before we check out of the HoJo and into the DLH. Two more days of DLR fun for us. I'm wondering if my feet and legs can take it??? :lmao:

Be safe girl! You are such a good mom.

I'm working on an update already. :laughing: Chloe is at a friend's, Gabby has a friend here, and DH and Joshua are watching football. I'm almost finished with the laundry. I should be scrubbing toilets but instead I am sitting in front of the tree and fire cuddled with the dogs and DH's Macbook. :thumbsup2

The wind was strong but the drive wasn't that bad. The wind warnings are down now but I don't think they told the winds. We are still having gusts of 35 mph and up. Crazy.

We watched the fireworks on Wednesday night, and WOC last night. Not all that windy at DLR, really. I do think the fireworks were canceled last night, but it was just breezy.

Jenny, I'm having fun reading through your TR this morning before we check out of the HoJo and into the DLH. Two more days of DLR fun for us. I'm wondering if my feet and legs can take it??? :lmao:

Oh wow that's great. I am glad to hear that. I was thinking how awful it would be to there and have such heavy winds. I hope the rest of your trip is great.

I love your title.:lmao:

You had a great view. I can't wait to hear more.

P.S You have inspired me to start up my own tr again. I am going to try to get an update up in the next few days. :scared1:

Let me start by saying I had mouth surgery today so pardon any typos, blame the Lortab. :blush:

Looks like you got off to a great start! So did you stay in Long Beach? popcorn:: If so what section? What beach did you go to?

My bff lives on the Garden Grove/Seal Beach border and we stayed with her pre-Disney. I went to CSULB and worked at Legends in Belmont Shore forever. I miss the LBC. We went to Newport and Seal beaches. How I ended up in Utah is beyond me. I'm away from two of my biggest non-family loves: Disneyland and the beach.

You modified you post of your itinerary, originally you were going to Westwood for a tiillitz?

Not to be nosy...just curious...

I like nosy! ::yes:: A tallit is a prayer shawl. DD is having her bat mitzvah this May. Our rabbi's family own a Jewish store in Westwood and orginally we were going to buy her tallit there. She has now decided she wants a Disney themed one. :cutie: I am currently looking for material to have it made. I'm going to buy a plain white one and then have it decorated around the top with whatever Mickey material she finds. I just love her idea and it will be meaning and personal to her. :thumbsup2 Her bat mitzvah gift will be our mega WDW trip next October. She chose that over a big party and I couldn't be happier. We are also bringing her bff with us to WDW.

Yep, the GRR being right outside the door + the dryer in the villa was what had sold me on buying VGC points before I ever walked into the presentation. After every stay its hard to not want to buy more points but DH is making me wait for the DLH Villas. :rolleyes1
If you don't mind my asking, which villa did you get? Was it 4500? We had that one last year and were blown away by the view and it looks so similar ...

The entrance to DCA from the GCV cannot be beat. It floors me everytime we get to go in/out of it. Even my kids, at their young ages, appreciated the proximity stating more than once how totally cool it was. :thumbsup2 I am currently researching our 2012 WDW trip and when I told DH we are borrowing he said that we'll just have to add on at the GCV. :lovestruc I think I love him more today than yesterday. :rotfl2: We were on the 4th floor near the elevators.

I'm so glad you got to see them. How's the trip? I'm sorry we missed you.

:lmao: Power through! I can't wait to read about your vacation and :welcome: to this report. I'm glad you're here. Can't wait to see your DLH pics. How was the HoJo?

The wind was strong but the drive wasn't that bad. The wind warnings are down now but I don't think they told the winds. We are still having gusts of 35 mph and up. Crazy.

Whew! On my way to surgery this morning we saw tons of signs and trees and damage all over. We lucked out; our lights didn't even flicker. The periodontist assistant said her fence was demolished and she found her swamp cooler on her driveway. :sad2:

Did the kids enjoy the concert?

I'm here and loving it so far! I have serious beach envy at the moment, not to mention holidays at GCV!

I'm here and loving it so far! I have serious beach envy at the moment, not to mention holidays at GCV!

:goodvibes :welcome: The beach was perfect. So Cal was about 10* above normal during our stay. :cloud9: Are you getting ready for the holidays? How's the shopping coming along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter