Strangers at our door this morning

Two men going door to door in a rural community should be roundly ignored, or have the cops called on them. What are they thinking?

I'm in the "don't answer" camp, DH blindly answers no matter what. We have a storm door, he doesn't like to have it locked. I just have to try and beat him to the door when he's home.

just don't answer the door. That's what we do. I dont' care if they know we are home!

I never answer the door unless I know the person or am expecting someone. There is nothing wrong with being cautious. We also have an alarm system and guns.

Two men going door to door in a rural community should be roundly ignored, or have the cops called on them. What are they thinking?

I'm in the "don't answer" camp, DH blindly answers no matter what. We have a storm door, he doesn't like to have it locked. I just have to try and beat him to the door when he's home.

I'd not make a call to the Police Dept. unless someone was actually breaking in. They have more important calls to answer. My DH *"was" as you described yours; I tell him that's his choice but I stay inside with our retriever, and watch to make a call if necessary.

Now after the suggestions in this thread we are *looking for a camera security system as I'd read described by a previous pp. I feel relieved considering my DH's macho actions.

We usually get folks at our door trying to sell something or other often. Sometimes I answer, sometimes I don't. It just depends on my mood.

In my part of the UK our local police issue email notice that charity groups etc will be canvassing in the area.

Obviously it doesn't cover everyone but it's a good idea.

I am always cautious before answering the door, very rarely do people turn up un-announced

I hate answering the door when I don't know the person; however, my husband sells wood at the end of the driveway so when he isn't home then I have to answer the door to collect money. I really hate when someone comes after dark and my husband isn't home. I work as a prosecutor in another county then where I live so I've seen way too much to be comfortable with strangers at my door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter