• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Storage of 12x12 paper

Puggs

Earning My Ears
How do you store your 12x12 paper?

I was thinking of getting the 12x12 hanging folders and getting the file cart from Staples that will hold them.

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

I WAS using a 12x12 slanted wire rack with 6 slots in it. It's now sitting here empty. No longer needing it.

I reorganized my scrapping area. Paper is now in stacking letter strays. The trays happen to be wide enough to fit 12". But just a bit short for the 12" depth -- so I supported the paper with thick 12x12 cardboard that sometimes ships with cardstock.

Hope that makes sense.

I keep all my paper in Generation Pocket Protectors.

WalMart has 10 packs of them for $10...way less than the $2.50 to $3 each the LSS charge.

I have it separated by color...and also by "theme" like Christmas and Holidays. I need several for Disney :)

They really seem to keep them neat and protected...not to mention clean.

Patti

I store mine in a letter tray as well, which works great...It has 4 drawers and it sits on top of my table...I actually made it and I love it...makes things so much easier! :)

I use the staples cart and made my own folders from 2 legal folders (use the search for directions). I am now in the process of cutting down some letter size regular folders for dividers. I love this method because I can just "thumb" thru the folders and find my paper easily.

If you are interested in the clear 12 x 12 stacking trays, they can be found on-line at several scrapbooking sites. QVC sells them too. The best deal I found was at AC Moore craft store where with the 40% coupons they are a real bargain. Tip: I overheard the clerks say that they only were displaying 1 on a high shelf and if a customer wanted them they would have to ask a clerk if they had more in the storeroom. They had a whole pallet of them once that sold out in a day.

I have a case that is made by Generations, I think, or maybe Memory Makers. Anyway- it has about 20 accordion folded sections that hold my papers and I have books of papers in it too. I separate my papers by color family and then I have my stickers in sticker protector sleeves in another section. It's all right there and really portable, although it can get kind of heavy. Ha! I found a picture of one online: Hope this works!
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?PRODID=51763&CATID=24915&foreground=green
It's called the Memory Express Expandable Storage Case. I like it because I can fit a ton of papers in it, it's portable so I can take it to crops, and I didn't have space for a big paper rack or even stacking trays. I like to think it keeps them out of the light and dust while I'm going through one of my "dry spells".:o
ann

I have a paper taker which I use for crops, but I don't like to use it for permanent paper storage as I find it hard to look through.

For everyday, I have wire racks that I made from the wire storage cubes which I think you can get at Target.

I've posted a pic a few times, so you should be able to find it in search

Bev

Don't know if I can post this here or not...but....if anyone is interested in the 12x12 wire rack I posted about at beginning of thread, just PM me.

I no longer use it.

(Mods, if not allowed, please delete.)

I bought a large plastic storage bin with wheels and a lid at Bed Bath and Beyond. Then my brother-in-law fit it with two metal rods. I have file folders that hang from the rods and provide me with more storage than (I hope) I'll ever need.

Deb

My LSS owner got a good deal on the 19 shelf white wire paper racks and passed it on to her customers. I have arranged it in ROY G BIV order with each color having a cardstock shelf and a printed paper shelf. Some colors that I uses more often have an additional shelf. It's so pretty. It looks like a rainbow sitting in the corner of my bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter