"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

Where are the rest of the snacks?

After our impromptu ride on the GMR, we headed over to TSMM to see if it was up and running. No luck, still down! We made a tentative plan to try again after our dinner ADR. Since it had been down during our entire FP+ window, hopefully we would be good to go at any point during the rest of the day.

I knew Indiana Jones was starting in about 20 minutes, so we headed in that direction. Nate has been playing with some of Jim's old Indiana Jones Lego sets so he was very excited when I told him about the show. After hearing rumors that it might be closing soon, I knew this was something we had to see!

People were already streaming in so we parked the strollers and scooted through the line, where I took this very exciting picture of the queue.

We found seats in the center, about halfway back - pretty great seats!

The show wasn't starting yet and Jake was already getting antsy. As we had experienced with FOTLK, snacks were key in keeping him happy during shows. Being the super mom that I am, I (thought) that I had packed a wide array of healthy snacks to keep him satisfied during the show. We started out with applesauce pouches and everyone was happy...for now.

Soon, the show was starting!

One of the highlights for the boys, for sure!

By this point, Jake was demanding more snacks in a not so quiet fashion. So, I opened my bag to find something else for him and I find...2 goldfish.

The ziploc that I thought was full of crackers had 2 measly fish. Where were the yogurt raisins? Where were the pretzels? :sad2:

I stuffed a goldfish in Jake's mouth and then it dawned on me that all of the snacks were sitting in the cup holder of the stroller. I had taken them out of our larger, under the stroller bag, but they had failed to make it into my bag. Big oops! :headache:

I spent the next 15 minutes making our only goldfish last as long as possible! Luckily there were plenty of sights to keep him interested!

We managed to survive the last few minutes and made our way outside. Nate and Colin were happy to pose for some pictures!

It was getting close to our 12:25 FP+ for Star Tours. Nate was the only one tall enough to ride, so I had planned on letting Colin and Jake play at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground while we did the Rider Swap. We all headed over and let the boys play!

Colin liked the ropes!

Jim and my mom took Nate on the first shift of Star Tours. I walked Colin over to get the Rider Swap pass and then we headed back to play some more! Jim snapped this shot of Nate heading into Star Tours.

My dad and I were up next! The stand by wait at this point was about 45 minutes so we were happy with our FP+!

Boarding instructions!

Needless to say, we loved every minute! Nate is really counting down the days until he is old enough to watch the "real" movies! After our ride, we headed into this place and Nate was in heaven!:cloud9:

Building light sabers was on our must do list! I sent a text to Jim and they headed over from the HISTK (is that even a real acronym people use?) playground. We spent quite a bit of time in the dump shop. Of course, Nate got right to work on his light saber! :yoda:

I was not at all skilled at helping him so I'm lucky this kind CM was there to work it out with Nate! :darth: (Except Nate would say he didn't like that since it's Darth Vader and he is team Jedi all the way!)

After Colin and Nate built their light sabers (they still play with them almost daily!), we headed out. It was time for a short break back at AOA. We hadn't eaten any real lunch at this point since we were all pretty full from our big breakfast at H&V. I think the boys did eat a yogurt in the room before they napped/rested.

Soon it was time to head back - we were on a tight schedule! Characterpalooza and an ADR awaited!

I'll just leave you with a quick preview of our awesome evening! :goodvibes

Next up

The Cutest Characterpalooza Ever! Part 1

Last edited:
Glad you made the 2 goldfish last! Those are some cool dude poses you got from them after the show :goodvibes

Glad Nate enjoyed Star Tours and is getting into that world. I am sure the main reason the CMs are there are for the parents who have no idea what is going on with regards to lightsabers, etc. I mean, you can't put a red crystal in a Jedi lightsaber! ;)

Looks like a fun evening coming up!

Glad you made it through the snack crisis!

Yay for Nate loving Star Tours so much!

Can't wait to hear about characterpalooza, the preview picture already makes it look so fun!

What a great story about making the goldfish last! We certainly use the trip of snacks to get DS through a show. Can't wait to hear about Characterpalooza.

Everyone is looking at me and I'm looking at my spreadsheet. This wasn't supposed to happen! Things are not going according to the plan! I just couldn't figure out something for us to do!
Oh no! :eek: That's gotta be some pressure with everyone looking at you and three little ones to keep entertained.

After we got back outside, Nate said " We don't need to do that one again, ok?" So he wasn't a fan!
Haha, I'd wondered if it would traumatize any of them. We went on it once with friends who had little boys and the boys were pretty scared on it. Glad he was okay, even if he didn't want to repeat it.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!
party: That is great news!!!

We're going to Disney for Christmas!
We LOVE early December! You get all the holiday stuff without all the crowds - so great! :thumbsup2

December 3rd also happens to be my birthday so we're wrapping this into a birthday/Christmas party!
Sounds perfect! You share a birthday with my dad, by the way!

cdfedsf58_zpsrgbttww8.jpg
Great picture!

By this point, Jake was demanding more snacks in a not so quiet fashion. So, I opened my bag to find something else for him and I find...2 goldfish.
:headache: Ugh, I hate when things get mixed up between bag changes.

HISTK (is that even a real acronym people use?) playground.
I've seen it before. ::yes::

That looks amazing! I can't wait to hear about it - I'm so excited that we will hopefully get a Characterpalooza during SWW! :hyper:

Glad you made the 2 goldfish last! Those are some cool dude poses you got from them after the show :goodvibes

I had no idea I could break a single goldfish into so many pieces! And they are always in super spy/super hero/Jedi mode - and happy to pose for pictures! Now getting them to take a nice, normal photo...

Glad Nate enjoyed Star Tours and is getting into that world. I am sure the main reason the CMs are there are for the parents who have no idea what is going on with regards to lightsabers, etc. I mean, you can't put a red crystal in a Jedi lightsaber

Star Tours was a favorite with everyone. And one of the best parts is Nate gets to ride twice because we can still pull the rider swap card!

Looks like a fun evening coming up!

It was for sure! Characterpalooza was one our favorite parts of the entire trip!

Glad you made it through the snack crisis!

Yay for Nate loving Star Tours so much!

Can't wait to hear about characterpalooza, the preview picture already makes it look so fun!

We've learned that snacks are critical for us to be able to enjoy any type of show! Star Tours was a favorite for sure - and I think Nate loved looking around the dump shop! It really was a great characterpalooza!

What a great story about making the goldfish last! We certainly use the trip of snacks to get DS through a show. Can't wait to hear about Characterpalooza.

Snacks are really necessary for the boys to get through any attraction/show that is longer than 10 minutes! We had a great Characterpalooza - excited to share the pictures soon!

Great TR, thanks for sharing!

Thank you! And thanks for following along!!

Oh no! :eek: That's gotta be some pressure with everyone looking at you and three little ones to keep entertained.

Yes - a slight panic attack while looking over my spreadsheet! Hoping that I can do better about being prepared for ride closures, etc. next time!

Haha, I'd wondered if it would traumatize any of them. We went on it once with friends who had little boys and the boys were pretty scared on it. Glad he was okay, even if he didn't want to repeat it.

Nate still talks about "that ride with the gangster that took our truck" so I'm not sure it will be a repeat next trip!

That is great news!!!

We LOVE early December! You get all the holiday stuff without all the crowds - so great

We're so excited! I haven't told the boys yet because I'm not ready for the question "Is today the day we're going to Disney World?" 50 times a day quite yet!

Sounds perfect! You share a birthday with my dad, by the way!

Birthday buddies...with your dad!

:headache: Ugh, I hate when things get mixed up between bag changes.

Two bags were necessary with extra wipes/diapers/clothes but it was such a pain trying to remember what went in each bag!

I've seen it before

Glad I'm not the only one! I've made up quite a list of acromyms that aren't widely accepted.

That looks amazing! I can't wait to hear about it - I'm so excited that we will hopefully get a Characterpalooza during SWW!

It was really amazing - a must do for future trips! So happy you'll get to check one out during SWW!

No luck, still down!

That stinks! I hope you guys were able to get a ride in!

Nate has been playing with some of Jim's old Indiana Jones Lego sets so he was very excited when I told him about the show. After hearing rumors that it might be closing soon, I knew this was something we had to see!

I love that Nate is playing with his daddy's Legos!! I hope they don't close Indie; it's a great show! Maybe needs a little update, but its a classic!

I stuffed a goldfish in Jake's mouth and then it dawned on me that all of the snacks were sitting in the cup holder of the stroller. I had taken them out of our larger, under the stroller bag, but they had failed to make it into my bag. Big oops! :headache:

Mommy brain is to blame! I hate it when I do stuff like this. I almost prefer it when my SO makes the mistake of leaving something behind, at least then the blame isn't mine! :rolleyes1

Building light sabers was on our must do list! I sent a text to Jim and they headed over from the HISTK (is that even a real acronym people use?) playground. We spent quite a bit of time in the dump shop. Of course, Nate got right to work on his light saber! :yoda:

How fun!! I feel like any acronym is fair game; I made up SO for my fella since we aren't married but DBF seemed a little less important, for lack of a better term.

Oh I just can't!!:love:

That stinks! I hope you guys were able to get a ride in!

No worries! We managed to sneak in a ride after dinner!

I love that Nate is playing with his daddy's Legos!! I hope they don't close Indie; it's a great show! Maybe needs a little update, but its a classic!

Nate has now moved into a whole other realm of Legos and they have taken over an entire set of cabinets in our kitchen desk area. And I agree that the show needs an update! It was the exact same show that I remember 20 years ago!

Mommy brain is to blame! I hate it when I do stuff like this. I almost prefer it when my SO makes the mistake of leaving something behind, at least then the blame isn't mine!

Too many things to juggle, for sure! It is much easier when someone else makes the mistake. Much easier to blame than admit your mistake!
:rotfl:

How fun!! I feel like any acronym is fair game; I made up SO for my fella since we aren't married but DBF seemed a little less important, for lack of a better term.

Disney is a world full of acronyms - why not add a few more to the list!

Oh I just can't!!

It was really, really sweet. Can't wait to write the update soon!

The countdown for our quick Christmas trip is at 200 days!
HYObq2mrTvw43Vyk9cgBWY7iiiZN6glqy4dJNvWXzu0T5PPcGB8Nl4pFOa8k2RqqXTrj5ZtabbJi6G6hHdrSE5ffFXkHpcIfrVP8hbiWazAlNJOzE3VyfQBtZYpsnwPH1lfQrPg
I have booked our resort and have tickets. Now just to wait for Southwest to release flights tomorrow! Then ADRs won't be too far behind...so
65zfT6pQOUXVmpv8bVYZt5IS9_WjkJK6lJjCk_qlUl0fqXyvZALB598fi_KVZSvrSjqrkB-LFcZzt9WPL4Gtm9Gbwgd1UAXcLIvrkDnzsW8GuqZel9zdAsLEp9WWJTooY_L5yLM
!

The Cutest Characterpalooza Ever! Part 1

I hustled everyone along to try to rush back for the 4:50 Characterpalooza. This was a must for us ever since I first read about it on a TR here!

The entire time I was reading TRs and planning our trip, Characterpalooza had been taking place on the Streets of America. However, the week before our trip, Kenny the Pirate reported that it appeared to have been moved to the TOT exit. Great, way to change things up a girl the week before the trip!

When we arrived, I was a little unsure of where exactly to go since we didn't ride TOT this trip (I know, I know...next trip). We headed down Sunset Boulevard and I saw 2 CMs chatting so I headed over to ask them. And this is how our conversation went.

Me: "Hi! Can you tell me where the exit to the Tower of Terror is?"
CM #1: "There is no exit."
Me: Ha, ha...?
CM #2: "You can never leave."
Me: ?
CM#1: "Yes, you must stay at the hotel forever."
CM#2: "And then you come back to life as a cast member."
Me: "Ha, ha...but really where is it?"

They did eventually point me in the right direction!

We headed over and waited for the green gates to open...

And there they were!

So they way we split up was my dad and I took Nate and Colin and my mom and Jim took Jake. I wanted to make sure we met the characters on my list and got our book signed. Jake would most likely just wander around...or so we thought.

I'll cover the big boys first and then move on to Jake since they really are two separate stories!

Here is a rundown of who was at our Characaterpalooza:

Minnie
Donald
Stitch
Chip & Dale
Snow White
Tiana
Mulan
Aladdin

The first character I saw was Mulan! I'm not sure but I may have pushed right past a few people in my haste to get to her. The boys love the movie and we just couldn't make it work to meet her in Epcot.

She said "Well, hello brave warriors!" Now that is the way to their heart so they were already in love.
b0vzKNVCvIosvchOuPBRxeLH3uLx8SWpmgZdwJzyW6pvXYKzszbQ6JFTSaXfAcWUfULXaYAZrARe4EFtMOEkCH8uObUt1DYvLaNwgwIY-GONAmfuBnepkUspk_sDPgYUuR1ET_0

Checking out her cool wooden shoes!

Colin was a little star struck!

Next up was Aladdin, another favorite we weren't able to meet at MK.

He was really great and asked the boys about their adventures. Nate told him we rode the magic carpets and Aladdin asked if we had been "over, sideways and under".
tRSS0lC09jo83oiFXq9KXfMXXP-8ilpsJCklPc6VDQJNOO0A9cQ4H5fLcvi4ooEjlshhO8ZdT3OZoaEj4UNlkT9HeQS5h7udXQBrh9VtCpTnl1yTvQkCpzoVwaQnRjUj_gqfnwI

Next was Snow White. They boys have never seen the movie but we've read the story in a few books. Colin especially liked her dress!

You can spot my dad in the background with our autograph book. He took his job very seriously and was always at the ready with that thing!
sqJi3aQGqr3_1d1mj8mwc0g-nwwEnu2pOK8Jan8xK9ptyo3gB2KS-C71wVgy20IiJpsCZRbKZIiFFRlxYiIOy_myfJt0krMn4XyRtxJJp-TOYcJUozMtWoJJOB6-E_lR41cLZQI

A quick stop at Stitch, who was just too cute!

At this point, Nate said he was tired and just wanted to sit in the stroller. I'm not sure if he really was or just shy of our next friend. Tiana - I think maybe he was a little nervous to meet her. He really likes Princess and the Frog so maybe he was shy?

Colin, however, was not! He chatted with her about frogs and posed for a shot!

After that we headed down to meet Chip and Dale. While we were waiting, Colin found an acorn on the ground and insisted that we give it to the "chick munks"!

That acorn that Colin collected? He passed it right over to Chip, who pretended to eat it. The only problem was that it slipped right out of his paw and bounced down to the ground! Colin noticed, of course, and chased it down. He very proudly returned it to Chip who gobbled it up!

Now, while all of this was going on, Jake was having a party of his own...so now onto that story!

Next up

The Cutest Characterpalooza Ever! Part 2

Last edited:
The Cutest Characterpalooza Ever! Part 2

While the big boys were enjoying meeting their friends, Jake was busy making the most of his time at Characterpalooza!

First up was Donald!

Hi Donald!

Next, Chip and Dale.

I'm pretty sure he was going in for a nose squeeze there...

Jake was calling them "minks" at this point so I think this was him yelling "Minks! Minks!" at Jim.

It looks like Stitch was next in line for hugs!

Nose squeeze! I've lost count...maybe 7 now?

Minnie was a the lucky gal next in line for Jake love.

At this point, Jake noticed all of the leaves and pine needles right behind him.

And doesn't Minnie want to see them too?

Of course she does!

Now this is where things get really fun!

Stitch sits down on the ground, pats his lap, and motions for Jake to sit down.

So naturally, Jake does and they have a sweet cuddle. Donald finds this amusing at first.

But soon, Donald realizes that he is left out of the group!

Jake just won't stand for that! I love you too, Donald!

And then Minnie comes over and steals the show. Because who doesn't love a girl who likes pine needles?

At least Donald was amused this time!

Then Jake continued to collect leaves and pine needles while his adoring fans looked on.

A quick visit to Mulan too!

And that wraps up the cutest Characterpalooza ever! The boys had an great time meeting some of their favorites and Jake had a ball playing with his new friends!

Next up

I'm Just a Cool Guy Laying on a Car!

Last edited:
Yay for the December trip! Can't wait to hear what ADRs you get!

OMG that really is the cutest characterpalooza ever! All the photos with Jake are awesome, and I love that he had a moment with Stitch, Donald AND Minnie! Glad you got to meet all the characters too!

I hate that Nate didn't want to do Jedi Training! That always looked like the boys and girls up there were having so much fun.
I love the Great Movie Ride, always have since I was a kid. But it is kind of a bore if you don't know the movies.
YAY for y'all going in December. Disney at Christmas is the best (obviously!) you guys are going to have a blast. So many decorations and special food and CHRISTMAS! I'm trying to plan another trip around that time too!
I want to go to Characterpalooza so badly! We didn't get a chance last time, but it looks like you guys had some great character interactions!

I.

Just.

CAN'T!!!

You were super not kidding with that title. Oh my gosh!!!

I could comment on every single photo, but i won't take up that much of your time!!

The boys are all so precious, but I really just love that the characters basically just hung out with baby Jake, like just another day having a play date with this adorable little boy!! Only in Disney!!

Yay for the December trip! Can't wait to hear what ADRs you get!

OMG that really is the cutest characterpalooza ever! All the photos with Jake are awesome, and I love that he had a moment with Stitch, Donald AND Minnie! Glad you got to meet all the characters too!

17 more days until ADRs. We're only there 4 nights - 2 park days and 1 party so it's a quick trip. I'm hoping I can finish up this TR so I can start a PTR for the Christmas trip!

It was seriously the cutest thing. It was like Jake thought all the characters were his friends, just hanging out and playing! And now I'm sad because I read that Characterpalooza is going away!
:(

I hate that Nate didn't want to do Jedi Training! That always looked like the boys and girls up there were having so much fun.

I was really disappointed! I thought he would love it for sure. I don't know if we'll try again this trip since it's so short but in May we'll give it another shot. Colin will be old enough then too so maybe they can encourage each other!

I love the Great Movie Ride, always have since I was a kid. But it is kind of a bore if you don't know the movies.

I think Nate was alternately bored and terrified! The only movie I think any of them has seen from the ride is Mary Poppins so I'm sure they were just like "what in the world?" the entire time!

YAY for y'all going in December. Disney at Christmas is the best (obviously!) you guys are going to have a blast. So many decorations and special food and CHRISTMAS! I'm trying to plan another trip around that time too!

I'm so excited! I didn't think we would get a Christmas trip in until 2017 but this is going to be a fun, quick trip! I'm so excited to see Disney at Christmas!

I want to go to Characterpalooza so badly! We didn't get a chance last time, but it looks like you guys had some great character interactions!

It was really great! I just read that they may stop doing an official Characterpalooza though!

That is all just too cute for words!

Thank you! It was really a great Disney moment! All of the pictures just make me smile!

I.

Just.

CAN'T!!!

You were super not kidding with that title. Oh my gosh!!!

I could comment on every single photo, but i won't take up that much of your time!!

The boys are all so precious, but I really just love that the characters basically just hung out with baby Jake, like just another day having a play date with this adorable little boy!! Only in Disney!!

I KNOW, RIGHT? Cutest thing ever!

I just laugh and smile whenever I look back at those pictures. It was so funny to see Jake treating Minnie like he was just playing with a friend! The character handlers were loving it and random guests were stopping to watch (maybe upset that the characters basically left their lines to play with Jake...). He had no idea what a big deal it was - he was just hanging out with his pals!
:lovestruc

Wow wow wow wow! I've never made time for Characterpalooza before, but you've got me convinced that maybe I should! How were the crowds? Did you have a long wait for any of the characters?

So cool!!!

Exciting ADR day!!!

The Characterpalooza is adorable!

The countdown for this trip seems to be moving quickly! ADRs in 2 weeks!

It was a great afternoon! The boys had a great time and I can't help but smile when I see the pictures again!

Wow wow wow wow! I've never made time for Characterpalooza before, but you've got me convinced that maybe I should! How were the crowds? Did you have a long wait for any of the characters?

So cool!!!

Oh it was so worth it for us! We didn't wait more than 5 minutes for any character. Most of the time there was just one other group ahead of us. It's something that I would do again for sure. But now I ready on Kenny the Pirate that they may be doing away with the official Characterpalooza and go with random character pop ups- anywhere, anytime in the parks. Which just doesn't work for me since you can't plan it and I must plan it!

Omg!!! Your boys are adorable!! The shots with the chipmunk hugs is to die for!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

We got some great pictures! I was so happy that they were so open and ready to meet all the characters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter