• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

Really enjoyed your TR! I found it searching for threads on travelling with toddlers :)

We are taking a "last minute" trip (apparently you book within 150 days, and it's last minute:confused3) at the end of September. We are travelling with three kids; 7, our 5 yo birthday girl, and a 22 month old. We are going to go to a party as well, so I appreciated your tips:thumbsup2.

I've been wondering about taking midday breaks....how was it getting back and forth each day?

We went when our first dd turned 5, and our second dd was 2.5. We never took breaks, she never napped during the day, but we never stayed past 6 pm at any park! I'd like to try and catch a few nighttime events, so am considering afternoon resort breaks.

Your boys are adorable, and I loved seeing everything you guys were able to fit in! Looks like a great trip! And, fabulous outfits, and Mickey ears too :earboy2:

Really enjoyed your TR! I found it searching for threads on travelling with toddlers

Thank you for following along! Disney with toddlers is an entirely different world!
:rotfl:

We are taking a "last minute" trip (apparently you book within 150 days, and it's last minute:confused3) at the end of September. We are travelling with three kids; 7, our 5 yo birthday girl, and a 22 month old. We are going to go to a party as well, so I appreciated your tips:thumbsup2.

I booked our next trip at 200ish days and it feels last minute to me! I think that's because I planned for a year for the last one.

A birthday trip will be so much fun! I've heard the CMs make it really special!

MNSSHP was great! I'm glad I could help! I feel much more prepared for the Christmas party now that I have one under my belt. I had no idea what to expect even though I read so many TRs. You're going to have a great time!

I've been wondering about taking midday breaks....how was it getting back and forth each day?

Midday breaks were a must for us. All 3 boys still nap at home so I knew they would be absolute bears if they missed a nap at Disney. We were usually gone about 3-4 hours for a break. But that time is about 45 minutes each way for travel - walking from the park to the bus stop, waiting, riding, and back to the room. 1.5 hours of rest and then repeat the travel all over again. It was worth it for us for our long trip. With that being said, on our quick trip in November/December we're going without breaks since our time in limited and we want to make the most of our short park time.

We went when our first dd turned 5, and our second dd was 2.5. We never took breaks, she never napped during the day, but we never stayed past 6 pm at any park! I'd like to try and catch a few nighttime events, so am considering afternoon resort breaks.

Our midday breaks really helped our evening plans. We stayed at most parks until 10. The boys are in bed at home by 8 so the breaks helped us all last a little longer!

Your boys are adorable, and I loved seeing everything you guys were able to fit in! Looks like a great trip! And, fabulous outfits, and Mickey ears too

Thanks again! We had a really great trip and writing this report helped me remember all the special things that we got to experience!
:goodvibes

I'm Just a Cool Guy Laying on a Car!

Following our cuteness overload at Characterpalooza, we headed over to our 5:20 ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe.

I was really excited about this meal! I had read great reviews of the food and the atmosphere seemed like lots of fun!

Soon we were there and I headed in to check in. I think my mom waited outside with the strollers since Nate and Jake had both fallen asleep on the short walk from the bus to 50s Prime Time!
LZizlzOosl2eVQgxgdFmvMeDexizxfcsHvIYczAWwYbMnzZmKxGCAD5y37goSKwJHSVxVfFNdXeXEHmVCW0V9Gt8fBIZytSm-g747d7uRHw8cZxIHqXIBQP9TKC9LMe5TZX4UAs

We waited about 15 minutes before they called our name. The waiting room was packed but there was lots for the boys to look at. They especially liked a dog statue that we found and took turns pretending to ride it?
IzWOCO2KgKGTBpQT1EN4LIi38VG9kJj-SqvQwUN7IKmfOxaRJDookFV-aOzJ-tLlQR0SnD96fbFiHNuLDpHGfnE9ZRXHrCif92RqVVi-ndvtQ7IJ-Hg07nxSvRMISe0ScGKsmRM
Whatever keeps them entertained, right?

I snapped this picture as we headed back to our table.

And that was the last photo I took during our entire dinner.

Now, I was really looking forward to this meal. But things just did not go well at all.
eVi3gmG2dP_yqHeF-8F_vzSJR8RpVPEQxmkFONkjitNHqYbtSzuEyqLvCGeNLeFRcErBAR7zglXGT96NUk_b5P6AvNcLfUjGjpc5aTAnCrvvVwm-FgvDpv8e8QB4_YSrP--XbAU

Our server was perfectly adequate as a waiter. He took our orders and brought the food in a timely manner. But he really didn't live up to the reputation - no fun, no joking. The only in character thing he did was telling us no stickers at the end of the meal since we didn't clean our plates. So I was disappointed to miss out on the fun experience that really defines 50s Prime Time.

The food was good so we did enjoy that! But I think we were just at that point in our trip where the boys were plain exhausted. Jake was pretty fussy and hard to please. Colin didn't want to eat his carrots since they were cooked (we eat cooked carrots all the time at home but at this point they were unacceptable :confused3). Nate wouldn't sit up in the booth and kept wanting to lay down. You get the picture. Meals are hard to enjoy when kids are fussy, no matter how good the food is!

Everyone agreed. Good food, disappointing atmosphere. We saw lots of other servers having a good time so I think we just had bad luck. It's something we may try again in the future though!

Our plan was to go and line up for Fantasmic after dinner. But...we had those left over TSMM FP+ burning a hole in our "pockets". If you remember, the ride had been down during our FP+ window earlier, so we decided to give it a shot now. It was up and running so we headed in!

We wove our way through the FP+ line!

Soon we were ready to ride!

Of course, we all loved the ride!

We headed back out and started walking toward Sunset Boulevard. It was about 7:00 at this point and Fantasmic was starting at 7:30 so I thought we had plenty of time. I knew our seats might not be great but I was ok with that. We had just turned the corner down Sunset Boulevard when we heard the announcement...Fanstamic was standing room only at this point.
PZrwSHUt27ZphSYv94rSg9eDGupuBwUkIcvfFbpk8Y98I1Sl1omJ6K8sPAa4TaPP7z36lAHEpI8e4sHAZYtiqy0DIUfEWeANH513sz4a010FMUzJ4df5nGEjH0s4E-vNDAKXCGI

We knew this would be really hard with the boys. They wouldn't be able to stand for the entire show or see very much unless we had them on our shoulders. My mom also said she didn't think she could stand for the entire show. We decided that we would still head that way and maybe I would just see the show? Everyone else could shop and maybe head back early.

And then about 10 minutes later...an announcement that Fantasmic was full to capacity.
3BCFJ88eDzQGbQHFfX1vqIxC6pdFSUC-ZPghV1l3OsSdmM4aw-1VITvgRrPXQel0HlXRVt1taltpTdxxpdJRhNNInJFbg3E73FJq9WcoBwPkzvCOKRM4jOBa_VqjOZe3p0vID3A

I couldn't believe it! It was still 20 minutes before the show at this point! I was said to miss the show, but I think we were all just so tired at this point that I didn't have the energy to get upset! :sad2:

We decided to look in the shops on Sunset Boulevard and head back to AOA early. Maybe a good night of sleep would give us plenty of energy for our last MK day tomorrow!

Colin was my partner and he liked this car so I got a fun shot of him with it!

He said he was a "just cool guy laying on a car"! He really thought he was something else! :rotfl:

We were pretty much the only ones walking around at this point so it was nice! After we finished shopping, we took our time heading to the exit. While the boys took a bathroom break before our bus ride back to AOA, I ran over to snap this picture.

We rode a nearly empty bus back to AOA - a perk of not being in the mass Fantasmic exodus! :thumbsup2

Back at the resort, I took the boys down to see the movie by the Big Blue Pool. They were showing The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, which we had never seen. We stayed until the end and went back to the room around 9:30. Jake was asleep and the big boys went to bed shortly after. :faint:

We were ready to rest up for our last MK day! We had a big, important opening show to catch! :goodvibes

Next up

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

Ah I'm sorry to hear the waiter wasn't in character, I would've been disappointed too! It's hard when everyone is tired, but I'm glad the food was at least good. And yay for getting to finally use that Toy Story FP!

WOW that's crazy that Fantasmic filled up like that! I'm sorry you didn't get to see it :(

"just cool guy laying on a car" - that cracked me up!! :rotfl2:

At least you were able to get back to the resort early- and catch a movie!

Last MK day :( But can't wait to hear about it!!

I was really excited about this meal! I had read great reviews of the food and the atmosphere seemed like lots of fun!

I love 50'sPT!! My SO is not a fan; he doesn't like having attention dean to him. Boy did he fall for the wrong woman!

We waited about 15 minutes before they called our name. The waiting room was packed but there was lots for the boys to look at. They especially liked a dog statue that we found and took turns pretending to ride it?
IzWOCO2KgKGTBpQT1EN4LIi38VG9kJj-SqvQwUN7IKmfOxaRJDookFV-aOzJ-tLlQR0SnD96fbFiHNuLDpHGfnE9ZRXHrCif92RqVVi-ndvtQ7IJ-Hg07nxSvRMISe0ScGKsmRM
Whatever keeps them entertained, right?

Not a bad wait! I'd have to agree that whatever keeps the kiddos happy is okeedokee! Even dog sitting.:dog:

Our server was perfectly adequate as a waiter. He took our orders and brought the food in a timely manner. But he really didn't live up to the reputation - no fun, no joking. The only in character thing he did was telling us no stickers at the end of the meal since we didn't clean our plates. So I was disappointed to miss out on the fun experience that really defines 50s Prime Time.

Awe boo! Don't get me wring here, I love a good meatloaf, but the point of 50sPT is the servers! I'm sorry you got a not so enthusiastic guy.

Everyone agreed. Good food, disappointing atmosphere. We saw lots of other servers having a good time so I think we just had bad luck. It's something we may try again in the future though!

I do hope you try it again, maybe when the boys are a little bigger? It can be such a fun spot!

It was up and running so we headed in!

Woo hoo!!:thumbsup2 So glad you guys got on!

about 10 minutes later...an announcement that Fantasmic was full to capacity.
3BCFJ88eDzQGbQHFfX1vqIxC6pdFSUC-ZPghV1l3OsSdmM4aw-1VITvgRrPXQel0HlXRVt1taltpTdxxpdJRhNNInJFbg3E73FJq9WcoBwPkzvCOKRM4jOBa_VqjOZe3p0vID3A

The most heartbreaking words. I hope you get in next trip. I love that show, might be my favorite of the nightime shoes.

he was a "just cool guy laying on a car"! He really thought he was something else! :rotfl:

Adorable!:cool2: Mr. Cool and his cool dude car. I love it!

We were pretty much the only ones walking around at this point so it was nice! After we finished shopping, we took our time heading to the exit. While the boys took a bathroom break before our bus ride back to AOA, I ran over to snap this picture.

I love nearly empty parks! Not just for great photos like this one, but it feels a little extra special.:goodvibes

he Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad, which we had never seen.

I love that movie! Did the boys like it, or did they get scared?

Yay for MK, but sad it's the last one. Always mixed feeling on the last MK day.:confused:

Okay...I am caught up (I skipped a lot of chatter and I wrote down notes).

I love the title...the boys with the noses (with my boys it was their tails).

It is nice to meet you Jamie.

Smart to go to Virginia and fly with your parnts.

Jake with Duffy...Duffy ten times his size.

Nice pictures from Chef Mickey's (want to get back for breakfast; I wasn't a fan of our last dinner there).

The Nemo queue takes 10 minutes to get through. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I love that play area at AOA.

Your photopass pictures are absolutely terrific.

THE BALL! That "Ball" will always be Grandpa's ball to my kids.

Great spot for the parade.

I love the pictures with Merida, Lotso, etc. You can just see how much fun the boys are having.

Nate dancing was a hoot!

The Mine Ride is short...wish it had been a tad longer, but it is perfect in every other way for the spot it is in.

Yay for a Christmas/Birthday trip. As much as I LOVE Food & Wine, I have to say my favorite time is with the Christmas decorations.

Where did you read that Characterpalooza was closing. I have yet to do that and was hoping to do it in July or October.

Okay...caught up and should be able to stay so.

This EXACT SAME THING happened to me when I went way back about 13 years ago. It was SUPER disappointing! :sad2:

Good on you for being willing to try it again! I have never been back myself, with real no desire to go either. :rolleyes:

Of course, we all loved the ride!
I LOVE THIS RIDE. Pew pew pew!!!

And then about 10 minutes later...an announcement that Fantasmic was full to capacity.
Oh noooo. This makes my heart ache for you! :sad:

He said he was a "just cool guy laying on a car"! He really thought he was something else! :rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

We were ready to rest up for our last MK day! We had a big, important opening show to catch! :goodvibes
Ooooh, can't wait for the next installment! :goodvibes

Ah I'm sorry to hear the waiter wasn't in character, I would've been disappointed too! It's hard when everyone is tired, but I'm glad the food was at least good. And yay for getting to finally use that Toy Story FP!

Dinner just wasn't the best experience. I'm not sure we were really in the mood for any joking around anyway. I think it might be better when the boys are older. And I was so happy we didn't have to miss out on TSMM! It ended up being one of our favorite rides!

WOW that's crazy that Fantasmic filled up like that! I'm sorry you didn't get to see it

It seemed to fill up really early! It was a Friday and Halloween so maybe that made the night time crowds higher? I was really disappointed but I know we'll be sure to make it next time!

"just cool guy laying on a car" - that cracked me up!!

I'm glad I remembered some of the cute things they said over the trip! I think this time it was his pockets that made him so cool? :rotfl:

At least you were able to get back to the resort early- and catch a movie!

It did turn out to be a relaxing evening! We all needed a little time to rest up - the trip was taking it's toll on us for sure!

Last MK day :( But can't wait to hear about it!!

It was sad that it was our last MK day but we had some big important moments that made it happier!

I love 50'sPT!! My SO is not a fan; he doesn't like having attention dean to him. Boy did he fall for the wrong woman!

I was really excited for 50s PT! And poor SO - my dad is the same way so I understand!
:rotfl:

Not a bad wait! I'd have to agree that whatever keeps the kiddos happy is okeedokee! Even dog sitting.:dog:

I had read about some pretty long waits even with ADRs. At least they had something to play with and there were comfy couches to sit on! Not a bad place to wait!

Awe boo! Don't get me wring here, I love a good meatloaf, but the point of 50sPT is the servers! I'm sorry you got a not so enthusiastic guy.

It was disappointing! But we were all pretty tired at this point and the boys were just not interested in sitting down for dinner so I'm not sure we would have been game for too much play. Maybe the waiter sensed that? But he was a pretty young guy and maybe just not confident in his role yet? Who knows? :confused3

I do hope you try it again, maybe when the boys are a little bigger? It can be such a fun spot!

We'll try it again for sure! We're going to do Sci Fi in December and I know the FDP in May so we'll see. But the food is good and the boys will really like it when they are old enough to get the jokes!

Woo hoo!!:thumbsup2 So glad you guys got on!

Yes! Me too! It ended up being one of our favorites!

The most heartbreaking words. I hope you get in next trip. I love that show, might be my favorite of the nightime shoes.

I was pretty sad at the time but it was kind of like at dinner - almost too worn out to care very much! Nate is very excited about the show after I described it to him so I hope we can make it next trip!

Adorable!:cool2: Mr. Cool and his cool dude car. I love it!

He cracks me up every day! :rotfl2:

I love nearly empty parks! Not just for great photos like this one, but it feels a little extra special.:goodvibes

It was really nice! It felt like the whole world was at Fantasmic but at least we had some fun!

I love that movie! Did the boys like it, or did they get scared?

I was thinking they might get scared but they watched it, no questions asked! The scene with the barracuda in Finding Nemo? Totally terrifying as I found out today! :eek:

Yay for MK, but sad it's the last one. Always mixed feeling on the last MK day.:confused:

Yes, mixed feelings is the best way to say it. We had some great moments but it's so hard to say goodbye!

Okay...I am caught up (I skipped a lot of chatter and I wrote down notes).

Thanks for following along!
:goodvibes

I love the title...the boys with the noses (with my boys it was their tails).

It's always something with boys, isn't it? :rotfl:

It is nice to meet you Jamie.

:wave:

Smart to go to Virginia and fly with your parnts.

Cheaper and we had help for our first flight with kids! It was a huge help to have them flying with us!

Jake with Duffy...Duffy ten times his size.

He really loved Duffy! I can't believe we didn't get one for him! He did come home with a Tigger, Donald, and Nemo though...so not deprived!

Nice pictures from Chef Mickey's (want to get back for breakfast; I wasn't a fan of our last dinner there).

The characters were the best part of the meal. I've heard breakfast is much better than dinner!

The Nemo queue takes 10 minutes to get through. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

It really is a long queue! And I'm not sure I've ever seen the wait over 20 minutes so I wonder if it ever fills up?

I love that play area at AOA.

The pool was really great. Plenty for all the boys to do - perfect for big and little kids!

Your photopass pictures are absolutely terrific.

Thank you! We got some special family shots that I love!

THE BALL! That "Ball" will always be Grandpa's ball to my kids.

Too funny! :rotfl2:

Great spot for the parade.

We had really great luck finding that spot pretty last minute! I'm going to keep that one in mind for our next trip!

I love the pictures with Merida, Lotso, etc. You can just see how much fun the boys are having.

They loved meeting all of the characters! Merida was my favorite! Or Town Square Mickey...or Peter Pan! It's hard to choose!

Nate dancing was a hoot!

He cracked me up with all of his moves this trip!

The Mine Ride is short...wish it had been a tad longer, but it is perfect in every other way for the spot it is in.

It is short but I love all of the details in the mine. I know they didn't have much space to work with and it's a cute ride!

Yay for a Christmas/Birthday trip. As much as I LOVE Food & Wine, I have to say my favorite time is with the Christmas decorations.

I'm getting really excited for our Christmas trip! Everything looks so beautiful - can't wait to see it all!

Where did you read that Characterpalooza was closing. I have yet to do that and was hoping to do it in July or October.

I read about it on Kenny the Pirate.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/st...updated-5-13-x2.3366621/page-12#post-53688708
http://www.disboards.com/threads/st...updated-5-13-x2.3366621/page-12#post-53688708
I'll be sad if it stays this way!

This EXACT SAME THING happened to me when I went way back about 13 years ago. It was SUPER disappointing!

Yes! I was expecting SOMETHING! We even had our elbows on the table, etc and nothing! I saw one server having a boy who was about 12 carry his dishes to the kitchen and put his nose on the wall. It was hilarious! I'm not sure I would have wanted that exactly but something would have been a nice experience!

Good on you for being willing to try it again! I have never been back myself, with real no desire to go either.

So I currently have this planned again for October 2017 (Sci Fi in December, Mama Melrose in May 2016, HBD for solo trip in May 2017)...which I know you'll understand since I think we're on the same wave length for planning obsessiveness!

I LOVE THIS RIDE. Pew pew pew!!!

Yes! I know it's the same basic concept as Buzz but this is so much more fun!

Oh noooo. This makes my heart ache for you! :sad:

I was so disappointed! I think it was the combination of Friday night and Halloween that made the crowds swell but next trip!

He cracks me up!

Ooooh, can't wait for the next installment! :goodvibes

Hopefully tomorrow night!

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

We woke up bright and early for our last day at Magic Kingdom.

But we had a very important show to catch!

We were at the bus stop by 7:45 and walking through bag check at 8:15. It was a picture perfect day! :lovestruc

Oh...except for the fact that it was 45 degrees. :eek:

The weather had been holding steady at 85 degrees every day, with a low of 65 early in the morning. Absolutely perfect Disney weather! :goodvibes

But when I had checked the forecast the day before I saw that there was going to be a huge drop in temperature for our last 2 days.

So having checked the historical weather information before we left, I had packed only shorts for the boys. We did have long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts...but no pants. Lesson learned! Expect the unexpected in Disney weather world. :confused3

Now the I knew the boys would be warm up top...now how to warm their legs? We didn’t have bring blankets from home and couldn’t exactly haul the comforter from our bed to the park. But we did have towels...

So ghetto blankets to go!

At least they were warm! :rolleyes:

We grabbed a spot front and center to catch the show. The train was down for refurb during our trip we missed that pulling up but the show was still so much fun!

The gates opened and we headed to down Main Street, making our way to Fantasyland.

We had a FP+ for one more ride on 7DMT but we still had some time and the boys were dying to try the tea cups, so off we went!

Colin was my partner!

We had a blast!

Next up, we decided on one last ride on Winnie the Pooh before using our 7DMT FP+. After our trip through the Hundred Acre Wood, we took our last Mine Train ride of the trip.

And we couldn’t pass up one more ride on Small World - quickly becoming Jake’s favorite ride!

As we strolled through Fantasyland, something caught Nate’s eye and we just had to stop by and give it a try!

I took way too many pictures of this but I just loved the progression of Nate’s face! :rotfl:

And the realization that he wasn’t going to be the one to pull the sword from the stone.

Colin’s turn!

Alas, no future kings!

And I think my dad just about had a heart attack up there trying to keep the boys safe! His worry was totally valid though since we saw a little boy fall on the stone that afternoon. The rescue squad came and there was quite a cleanup process. He was ok, just a cut but a scary moment!

With an ADR fast approaching, we just a time for a stop at Disney’s prettiest bathrooms!

Soon we were headed off to breakfast with some of our favorite cuddly friends! pooh::tigger::eeyore:

Next up

More Puffed French Toast, Please!

Last edited:
45 degrees, yikes! I like your smart idea to bring the towels though!

Sounds like a fun morning in Fantasyland, so many cute pictures :)

Great update. I hate when the temperature changes like that. I've learned to pack at least one pair of long pants and a sweatshirt for every trip...no matter what time of year I'm there.

I'm glad you got to see the Welcome Show.

Cute pictures on the Tea Cups.

I haven't seen anyone pull the sword out lately...I wonder if that no longer happens. :confused3

I know where you are having breakfast. You best not be hugging my boyfriend while you were there. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oof, Florida weather is an unpredictable monster! I like the towel blankets though; very versitle!

I love the opening show! I'm the dork that's crying whenever I see it. :sad1:

You guys hit quite a few spots, and all before breakfast!! Well done on your last day!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

45 degrees, yikes! I like your smart idea to bring the towels though!

Sounds like a fun morning in Fantasyland, so many cute pictures :)

The temperature change was a big shock! Lesson learned - bring jeans!

We had a great morning in Fantasyland - definitely our most visited spot at MK!

Great update. I hate when the temperature changes like that. I've learned to pack at least one pair of long pants and a sweatshirt for every trip...no matter what time of year I'm there.

I'm glad you got to see the Welcome Show.

Cute pictures on the Tea Cups.

I haven't seen anyone pull the sword out lately...I wonder if that no longer happens. :confused3

I know where you are having breakfast. You best not be hugging my boyfriend while you were there. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

It was a big shock - the temperature dropped by 20 degrees overnight! I'll be prepared next time - at least one pair of pants for everyone no matter what!

The Welcome Show was a great experience - the perfect way to start our day at MK!

I watched a video on You Tube of a kid pulling out the sword but I know it must be a pretty rare thing if it still happens! I can't even imagine how the boys would have reacted if they had done it!

Our favorite meal of the entire trip is coming up! No hugs from me but the boys did get some good bouncing in with him!

Oof, Florida weather is an unpredictable monster! I like the towel blankets though; very versitle!

I love the opening show! I'm the dork that's crying whenever I see it. :sad1:

You guys hit quite a few spots, and all before breakfast!! Well done on your last day!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Yes, unpredictable! I'll be better prepared next time! The towels were handy all around - we may just pack a few in our stroller bag next time!

The opening show was amazing - just the perfect magical way to start our day!

We had a great morning at MK and got to hit most of our favorites!

Hi! :wave2: I've been slowly reading your whole TR and loving it all!! My son is only 6 but so many of your son's reactions and facial expressions remind me of his first two trips to Disney World at 2 and 4. I cannot wait to take him again though we have awhile to wait!! We're renewing our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary next December. Sigh!! Can't wait to live vicariously through the rest of this TR and I have just followed you over to the Christmas trip PTR!!!

Thank you for the fantastic trip report! Having 2 girls and being all about the princesses, it is sure nice to see the "other side" and will give me some ideas if DH and I get to go together in January.

We are definitely not princess-centered on our trips! I see all these reports about princess dining and BBB and I miss it some! But I honestly think our trips are a little easier to plan without those hard to get reservations!

A couples trip sounds like fun!

Hi! :wave2: I've been slowly reading your whole TR and loving it all!! My son is only 6 but so many of your son's reactions and facial expressions remind me of his first two trips to Disney World at 2 and 4. I cannot wait to take him again though we have awhile to wait!! We're renewing our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary next December. Sigh!! Can't wait to live vicariously through the rest of this TR and I have just followed you over to the Christmas trip PTR!!!

We really had a great first trip. I'm loving writing this trip report because I get to relive all those special moments!

It sounds like you have an awesome trip planned for next year! What a special event and DISNEY! :goodvibes

Thanks for following along!

More Puffed French Toast, Please!

After the boys failed in their attempt to pull the sword from the stone :rolleyes:, we headed over to our 10:30 ADR at Crystal Palace!

I checked in and was told the wait would probably be about 15 minutes. We parked the strollers and found a spot to wait.

And of course, I took this shot of the castle. Because, perfection.

Even with all of the construction! Seriously, I'm not sure we saw a single cloud in the sky the entire trip.

One of my favorite things about our wait at Crystal Palace was the hot chocolate outside! If you remember, the temperature had dropped by about 20 degrees and we were armed with bath towels for blankets. So the hot chocolate was a welcome sight for us!

Soon, they called our name and we headed inside. However, Jake had fallen asleep in the stroller during our wait. The CM was super nice and said to just wheel him in. Our table was going to be in the corner so there would be room to park Jake until he woke up. Much better than having to wake a sleepy boy!

The nap didn't last long and Jake was awake just a few minutes after we sat down. Our server came over to get our drink orders and explain the circulation of the characters. I headed up and got plates for the boys - making sure to try the breakfast lasagna and the Puffed French Toast!

Pretty soon after we sat down, Winnie the Pooh made his rounds! And the boys were ready for some cuddly hugs!

One of the biggest problems we had during character meals or meets was that Jake wouldn't stop hugging his new friend to turn around for a picture!

Next up was Eeyore!

Who apparently wanted to put Nate and Colin in some kind of headlock?

And Jake with the hugging, again.

Eeyore is my favorite Pooh character, so I made sure to get a picture too!

Nate was ready to head back to his seat for more Puffed French Toast, so he sat out this picture!

I went and got refills of fruit, waffles...and PFT! In fact, I got a whole plate...totally to share though. :blush:

Next up was sweet Piglet!

The kids you see in the background were from the table next to use. They were so excited to see the characters that they ambushed them while the boys were still hugging and getting pictures. The parents always came and scooped them up so it totally didn't bother me. I can understand how hard it is for them to wait.

We had a pretty long break at this point...which means more PFT! The boys really loved that stuff. And it's so light and fluffy that you don't realize how much you've eaten!

Finally, we got a glimpse of the boy's favorite - Tigger!

And of course, they had to bounce with Tigger!

After meeting our favorite cuddly friends (and maybe one more plate of PFT :rolleyes1), we were on our way! We headed around the to check off some more rides in Fantasyland before our break!

Next up

Can I Keep these Glasses?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter