Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Years ago, my brother-in-law (at the time) offered to help me pay for law school if I wanted to go. I had already been working in a law office for 10 years and I knew that I'd never want to be an attorney. I wanna be something else when I grow up!:lmao:

I think it would be awesome to take the pearl and set it in a real gold setting. Lacey doesn't like yellow gold at all so she was more than happy to just get a sterling silver setting. Wait a minute.....what's that? Oh, it was my pocketbook saying it liked the fact that Lacey liked the sterling silver setting too.:rotfl:

I used to watch Kim Possible with the kids and could even sing the naked mole rat song so I thought I'd like the Kim Possible missions. Even the kids said it wasn't as fun as they thought it would be.:confused3

I still want to go to law school at some point in time...but who knows if that will ever happen.

My DD got the sterling silver ring with one small rhinestone on each side of the pearl. It is pretty. There was no way I was going to spend the money at this point in time on the white gold settings at DTD ($200+). My DD doesn't like yellow gold (neither do I) -- so when she turns 18 if she hasn't lost the ring, we'll have the pearl reset in a white gold setting (assuming the cost isn't prohibitive!). I loved the Kim Possible show, too!! We were disappointed in the KP mission we did.

Ghosts -- scary!!!

And as for your boss' car "emergency" -- oh my goodness, too funny. Sounds like something the attorneys I used to work for would do. :rotfl:

The Taste of Home cooking thing sounds neat. I would love to go to one of those!

Ok, now I might have to add pick-a-pearl to my "New Things to Try at Disney" list. I get all sorts of ideas reading these TRs... ;)

Seriously, I'm loving your report. I know everyone's already said this, but you all seem like a lot of fun. I have a feeling my family would get along famously with yours. My five year old DS would be in seventh heaven if I would buy him a farting machine or whoopee cushion...but, as I'd never get a moment's peace from him, it IS NOT going to happen!!!!

Glad you had fun at the Taste of Home thing. I enjoy their magazines...not so much while I'm doing Weight Watchers now, but still. ;) Can't wait for an update!

Ooooooh! I like that story. Well, not like that it happened to you but you know what I mean. I once woke up from a sound sleep to see a little girl standing at the foot of my bed. I, literally, shook my head and wiped my eyes to make sure she was there. She was still there just looking at me. Then, she turned around and walked off. Just faded away!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: That would have scared me half to death!

My uncle was soundly sleeping one night and he felt the bed covers pull down and the mattress shifted as if someone had gotten in the bed next to him. You know, like one side of the mattress kind of moved down from weight being on it. Then the covers came back up and my uncle thought it was my brother getting in the bed with him. Without rolling over, he told my brother to get out of his bed and go find his own!!! Um, there was nobody there when he rolled over and looked!

I finally caught up on this one!! Whew, you guys move fast.

I just had to share with others that would understand. My DH has finally agreed to go back to WDW next summer. Our last trip was June 2007--way too long in my book. Anyway, we have also invited 2 other families to go with us, some of our best friends. With that said, until they decide if and when they can go, I can't even decide what resort to stay at:scared1: It's only been 3 days since we talked to them, but don't they know the torture they are putting me through!! I can't plan anything until they decide. Well, not really. I have worked up some scenarios if neither family decides to join us--for three different time periods. And my DH says I think about WDW too much:laughing:

Reading about the little girl at the foot of the bed made chills go down my spine :scared1:. I have had some really creepy stuff happen too and I just try not to think about it.

I swear I can never keep up with your report.

I just had to share with others that would understand. My DH has finally agreed to go back to WDW next summer. Our last trip was June 2007--way too long in my book. Anyway, we have also invited 2 other families to go with us, some of our best friends. With that said, until they decide if and when they can go, I can't even decide what resort to stay at:scared1: It's only been 3 days since we talked to them, but don't they know the torture they are putting me through!! I can't plan anything until they decide. Well, not really. I have worked up some scenarios if neither family decides to join us--for three different time periods. And my DH says I think about WDW too much:laughing:

OH! I so know exactly what you are talking about! :thumbsup2If I were you I would already have prices for all three families at all the resorts I was interested in:rotfl2: Our trip in 2001 was with friends, although it was fun it was also stressful!:hug: Might even be fun to stay at three different resorts so you can see what each is like and it gives you a break from one another! In 2001 my parents came with us, also. The stayed at the Hilton on Disney grounds and met us at the gate each morning! mom said it was a nice break! we did EVERYTHING with our friends. By the time we came home; we didn't speak for two weeks, not that we were mad or had a problem just needed SPACE!:rotfl2:

But, back to how I would be three days out from the discussion (just to let you know you are not alone) I would have three folders w/all the options listed and ready for each family:rotfl::rotfl2: ! Really, I'm that bad! I would have had it done the night of the discussion (I need help!) We were suppose to go back in 2003 with the same family and another; a tragedy in one of the families stopped that trip:sad2: But, we were going to rent a house w/a private pool. I had a list of 10 houses, the price of tickets, gasoline, food, and value resort prices ready by the end of two days:lmao: -- told you I need help!!

Have fun planning! I always love a good plan...to change over & over & over and to tweak !! pixiedust:
We, too, are returning in 2010! but, we don't know when yet! But, I already have the prices of the POP and several mods for all four weeks we are interested in! (room only of course!)

I carried super glue during our trip - and it actually came in handy!!!!! It was during our DHS day :)

I never go ANYWHERE without super glue! It's always near!

I am so thankful John is better. I've seen it in action and it is awful. We had a patient do it in the office one day. I can dial 911 with the best of them. It is so not fun for the person or anyone else around. One night at a football game a lady was having one. I was the only one around who knew what to do. Couldn't believe it. I should have my nursing degree instead of the jackofalltrades,knowitall degree.

John still has his bad days but he hasn't had a full blown seizure in several years thank the good Lord above.

Sounds like fun. Have a great time with Mama, Lisa.

Eat something sweet for me please

Have a good night!
:thumbsup2

Have fun tonight!

QUOTE]

We had a great time. We didn't actually get to cook but we watched someone prepare lots of different Taste of Home recipes. There were lots of booths set up before the show started and we got to sample a lot of really good food!

Mama had a good time and that's really all that mattered.

GUUUYYYYSSSS....you are freaking me out with the ghost stuff!!! I'm going to have nightmares! :lmao: Just Kidding. ;) Seriously, though, you have some cool stories! I've never had an experience/encounter like that. (NOT that I'm complaining!!!!)

I agree with vladimir, that would have done me in!! :scared1:

John's brother has been to my office several times and is always freaked out. Most people that I know say they wouldn't be able to work in my office knowing that weird things happen there. I guess I am used to it now so it doesn't bother me too much.

Okay, guys, 6 PAGES in one day? REALLY? Come on. I'll NEVER be able to catch up when I get back.

I'm hoping to apply for the Mom's Panel too (I really think you deserve it though Lisa), but I don't know when they will stop accepting applications. The rules say you have to have been to Disney in the last 12 months and I haven't been...but of course I WILL have been when we get back. I just hope it's still open.

Ghost stories freaking me OUT. Every once in a while I swear I see something out of the corner of my eye, but when I look straight on it's gone. Even last night I thought I saw someone standing in front of my tv. Almost had a heart attack (it's always really late at night when it happens). But I've never truly seen anything that I know of...and I don't want to. I'm a scaredy cat.

Can't wait to see what exactly Hunter and Lacey did. :confused3;)

Hope you had fun with your Mom!

I think the window for submitting an application is the end of September or 20,000 applicants whichever comes first. I sure hope that you find a way to submit an application.

My Mama and I had a good time at the cooking school. Her cousing and daughter went too. Even though we didn't all go together, we found each other there and were able to sit together.

I'm finally caught up... I gotta stay on top of this - I feel so far behind! Love the pearl story - makes me want to get one! I would love to see pictures if you have them.

Only 17 days until I am there and then 91 days until my December trip ~ tomorrow morning I will be on the phone making dining reservations for that... Will LeCellier be available!?!? It wasn't for our September trip - huge disappointment!

I have been sooooo far behind in reading the trip reports that I've subscribed to. I'm trying to get all caught up.

Did you get all the dining reservations you wanted? I always feel relieved when the ADRs are made. That's one more thing you can check off my list of "gotta dos".

I still want to go to law school at some point in time...but who knows if that will ever happen.

My DD got the sterling silver ring with one small rhinestone on each side of the pearl. It is pretty. There was no way I was going to spend the money at this point in time on the white gold settings at DTD ($200+). My DD doesn't like yellow gold (neither do I) -- so when she turns 18 if she hasn't lost the ring, we'll have the pearl reset in a white gold setting (assuming the cost isn't prohibitive!). I loved the Kim Possible show, too!! We were disappointed in the KP mission we did.

Ghosts -- scary!!!

And as for your boss' car "emergency" -- oh my goodness, too funny. Sounds like something the attorneys I used to work for would do. :rotfl:

The Taste of Home cooking thing sounds neat. I would love to go to one of those!

I think "upgrading" your daughter's ring later on is a great idea.

I really didn't think that I'd be disappointed with the Kim Possible mission but I totally was. I just got bored with it.

In the end, my boss decided to just get the speaker fixed later on. What an emergency!?!

Our town was the very first stop on the Taste of Home cooking school tour. If one comes to a town near you, you really need to go. It was well worth the $10.00 ticket.

Ok, now I might have to add pick-a-pearl to my "New Things to Try at Disney" list. I get all sorts of ideas reading these TRs... ;)

Seriously, I'm loving your report. I know everyone's already said this, but you all seem like a lot of fun. I have a feeling my family would get along famously with yours. My five year old DS would be in seventh heaven if I would buy him a farting machine or whoopee cushion...but, as I'd never get a moment's peace from him, it IS NOT going to happen!!!!

Glad you had fun at the Taste of Home thing. I enjoy their magazines...not so much while I'm doing Weight Watchers now, but still. ;) Can't wait for an update!

I find a lot of neat "New Things to Try at Disney' ideas by reading trip reports too.

Thanks for the compliment on the report. We are a fun lovin' family who just enjoy spending time together. I wish we were in Disney at the same time as you because I'd love meeting another Diser.

I actually won one of the dishes that the Taste of Home host cooked.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: That would have scared me half to death!

My uncle was soundly sleeping one night and he felt the bed covers pull down and the mattress shifted as if someone had gotten in the bed next to him. You know, like one side of the mattress kind of moved down from weight being on it. Then the covers came back up and my uncle thought it was my brother getting in the bed with him. Without rolling over, he told my brother to get out of his bed and go find his own!!! Um, there was nobody there when he rolled over and looked!

Holy guacamole! If I had been your uncle, I would have been scared to death.

Don't worry about being behind in reading. I find myself behind in reading trip reports too. Heck, I even get behind on my own.:laughing:

Oh, you've come to the right place if you want someone to understand your problem. We had a family who was going with us in 2008 but they seemed to take forever to decide where they wanted to stay. I finally just told them we were staying at the CBR and they could book wherever they wanted. I couldn't understand their delay. Ended up, we didn't get to go to Disney in May but they still went. It was probably for the better anyway.

I find myself talking about Disney almost every day. I started talking about our 2010 trip while we were still on our 2009 trip!

Reading about the little girl at the foot of the bed made chills go down my spine :scared1:. I have had some really creepy stuff happen too and I just try not to think about it.

I swear I can never keep up with your report.

I try not to think about too many of the creepy things either. Especially the things that happen at the office. If I did, I'd probably not want to go to work every day.

I can't keep up with trip reports either. I always seem to be at least two or three updates behind.

OH! I so know exactly what you are talking about! :thumbsup2If I were you I would already have prices for all three families at all the resorts I was interested in:rotfl2: Our trip in 2001 was with friends, although it was fun it was also stressful!:hug: Might even be fun to stay at three different resorts so you can see what each is like and it gives you a break from one another! In 2001 my parents came with us, also. The stayed at the Hilton on Disney grounds and met us at the gate each morning! mom said it was a nice break! we did EVERYTHING with our friends. By the time we came home; we didn't speak for two weeks, not that we were mad or had a problem just needed SPACE!:rotfl2:

But, back to how I would be three days out from the discussion (just to let you know you are not alone) I would have three folders w/all the options listed and ready for each family:rotfl::rotfl2: ! Really, I'm that bad! I would have had it done the night of the discussion (I need help!) We were suppose to go back in 2003 with the same family and another; a tragedy in one of the families stopped that trip:sad2: But, we were going to rent a house w/a private pool. I had a list of 10 houses, the price of tickets, gasoline, food, and value resort prices ready by the end of two days:lmao: -- told you I need help!!

Have fun planning! I always love a good plan...to change over & over & over and to tweak !! pixiedust:
We, too, are returning in 2010! but, we don't know when yet! But, I already have the prices of the POP and several mods for all four weeks we are interested in! (room only of course!)

I try not to overplan too much. But, it's always hard to pick a resort. I guess that's why we keep going back to the one we know we love.

Thanks so much. don't forget you can all vote again today...and tomorrow..and the next and next. etc. LOL! :worship:

Thanks for reminding me....I just voted again. I made a note to vote the rest of the week until we leave. :)

Well, I was about to write a new installment but checked my emails first. Apparently, my new photobucket account is about to exceed it's bandwidth. Looks like I am about to open a third photobucket account. Sorry for the delay.

I took my mother to Sam's Club today. She doesn't have a membership so I have to take her whenever she wants to go. We mostly just walked around but it was still nice to get out of the house especially since it's been raining off and on all day long.

Okay, I'm off to open up the third photobucket account.

Glad to see I didn't get too far behind this weekend.

Jen, I'll check out your DDs picture in a bit.

It sounds like you had a nice afternoon, Lisa. Looking forward to you next installment when you can get to it. I can't figure out how you keep filling up photobucket. I have every picture I ever posted and it says I'm at 6% or something. I guess it's when I get back that I'll suddenly exceed my space. Oh, it's bandwidth. I just got it. It's because you're so popular! :thumbsup2 The price of fame. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter