Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Okay, my friends, I have opened another photobucket account and have uploaded some of my pictures.

Let's do a short recap:

Introductions:

Lacey and I. I'm on the left.
100_2183.jpg

John and Hunter. Guess which one is Hunter and which is John:rotfl:
100_2182.jpg

Departure day: I rush home from work, change clothes and while everybody is putting their personal stuff in the car, I take a quick picture of our countdown calendar:
100_2040.jpg

Here's the only stuff left to be put in the car:
100_2041.jpg

The loaded car:
100_2042.jpg

100_2043.jpg

Our excited family:
100_2044.jpg

100_2045.jpg

100_2048.jpg

And, then the really unflattering one of me singing Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirate's life for me. Signing didn't last long before kids told me to stop. Don't blame 'em.
100_2046.jpg

Picture taken on the road:
100_2049.jpg

Getting close to the Mississippi river bridge where we cross over to Vicksburg, Mississippi:
100_2050.jpg

100_2051.jpg

Bridge:
100_2052.jpg

Mississippi river:
100_2053.jpg

John sings "Deep rither. My home is over Jordan." We crack up.

We've make it across Louisiana and here comes the Welcome to Mississippi sign:
100_2054.jpg

100_2055.jpg

Mini recap continued in next post.

Mini recap continued:

We stop at the Vicksburg, Mississippi McDonald's where Shontrell gets our order wrong. Lady at the next window yells at Shontrell and calls him a **** let's just insert beep.:lmao:

We drive and drive and drive and then drive some more. Finally make it to Crestview, Florida at 1:00 a.m. Stop at the Jameson Inn. We are undressed and in the bed in no time at all. Fits of giggles set in. It's 2:00 a.m. before we fall asleep.

Thursday, August 6, 2009:

Lacey and I wander around the hotel while John and Hunter finish getting dressed. Nothing to take pictures of so Lacey provides a little gymnastic entertainment:
100_2056.jpg

100_2057.jpg

100_2058.jpg

100_2059.jpg

***No we didn't get really loud in the hallways so don't fuss at us.

Pictures of the family in front of Jameson Inn:

100_2060.jpg

100_2061.jpg

Leave Crestview, Florida and are on our way to Disney World. We see a really really bad automobile accident which I choose to try and forget.

Drive and drive and then drive and drive and a little more driving and we finally see this sign:
100_2062.jpg

And then, even more signs:
100_2063.jpg

100_2064.jpg

And one of the prettiest sights I have ever seen:
100_2065.jpg

100_2066.jpg

Driving down World Drive:

100_2067.jpg

100_2068.jpg

100_2069.jpg

100_2070.jpg

100_2071.jpg

We make a right and see more signs. Kids still have no clue we've changed from Pop Century to Caribbean Beach:

100_2072.jpg

100_2073.jpg

We tell the kids that we have a surprise. We wait until we pull into the Caribbean Beach Resort. Hoops and hollers all around.

Drive through security. We're not on the list....uh, oh! Shown the way to Custom House:

100_2075.jpg

The lobby:
100_2074.jpg

Check-in takes no time at all and we are given a free upgrade to Martinique 26 which is the closest building to Old Port Royale.

Whew! The mini-recap is done. Short but still sweet.

Next installment: Our room!

:banana::banana: Yay!! You're back in business. :cool1:
I think others will agree with me here....You should be required to take a trip to WDW once a month- even if it is just a short one- just so we can read your reports! :rotfl:

The boys are getting new DS games AND a couple of new Pokemon movies. The way Will has been playing Pokemon constantly I'm seriously thinking of getting him a brand new Pokemon game. That ought to keep him engrossed the entire trip!

I can't help you with whether POR looks like Lousianna. I've never been there (except to drive through it). I'll have plenty of pictures to show you though!

Is it sad that I didn't realize POR was supposed to be Lousianna until I saw it in my UG today? I know, of course, that POFQ was, but for some reason I always though POR was supposed to be Mississippi. I think the "Dixie Landings" through me off. Always thought Dixie was Mississippi. :confused3

Maybe it would look too much like Lousianna. Especially Alligator Bayou. ;)

I bought Hunter a new PSP game and a couple of new movies for the portable DVD player when we went on our surprise trip. He was kept busy for almost the entire ride.

I look forward to seeing your Port Orleans pictures.

Well, Lisa I can answer that one about POR and Louisiana!!!
we stayed years back and we walked through on the last trip in May!!!
Danny loves POFQ; it reminds him of what New Orleans should look like. Clean, wrought iron, mardi gras tackiness (but in a good way) deco, and we really enjoyed the food selections there. Now We only drove through POR!! It reminded me more of Mississippi or the Louisiana River Road! It was beautiful and peaceful looking. It reminds me of what time gone by must have been like/old antebellum plantation style--romantic, someplace I think I would like to stay just Danny & I. Now, I don't know what their rooms at POR are like. But, POFQ were spacious and very tastefully decorated. Danny wants to stay there next year when we go. I'm leaning towards CBR w/ a king. But, who knows where we will stay. If I need to book two rooms I'm sure it will be the POP; the price difference for just a room is almost $500 per room for 5 nts from value to mod!!!

YOU NEED TO SURPRISE HUNTER W/THE PIRATE ROOM!!! he would "pee his pants" for sure!!! He won't be a kid tooo toooo much longer and I can see him so excited jumping from bed to bed like a little one!!! THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA!!

You need to visit my poll and add your two cents in when you get a chance!!!
:wave:

Every time I look at our vacation pictures, I keep thinking how much we love the beaches at the CBR. I'm keeping the pirate rooms at the CBR in the back of mind because we'd still be at the same resort but get to have something different too.

Hi Lisa! :wave:

I just jumped on the bandwagon but I'm all caught up!

For some reason, I can't see any of your pics from the time you reach the Arch! I can see all of your "on the road" pics, but not one one single WDW pic! Oh and I could see Pocahontas' tattoo (which is beautiful BTW! I have Simba on m ankle :goodvibes) Something about "bandwith exceeded"...anyone know what the problem is? :confused3 I wanna see pictures!

Photobucket says I have exceeded my bandwith which, from what I understand, means that too many people have looked at them during a certain time period. I've opened another photobucket account and posted all of the pictures in a post just above this one. Go have a look see.

???
I have been home all day! Both the kids were here at 2:00 also(mail usually passes around 11/12). and I do not have a notice w/the mail or on the front door???

we'll see what tomorrow holds!!
thanks!!

Maybe, it'll be delivered today. I hope so 'cause I wanna hear Ashton's reaction.

thank you!:)

I showed John the tattoo and he just laughed. Not at you or the tattoo but it brought back memories from our 2008 trip when he had his little "meet and greet" with Pocahontas.

I am too much of a sissy to get a tattoo. If I did, it'd be something Disney I know.

HEY MRS. LISA!!! LOOK WHAT I GOT IN THE MAIL TODAY!!!!
MICKEY MAIL!!!

WHAT CAN IT BE?!?
disneyfun09004-1.jpg
A DISNEY BAG?!?
disneyfun09005.jpg

OH BOY!!!!! IT'S MICKEY!!!!!
disneyfun09007.jpg

THANK YOU!! MRS LISA, MR JOHN, HUNTER, & LACEY!!!!
I LOVE IT!!!

I am stealing Shontrell from you. I can just say out of the blue "Shontrell, you a beep" and my family will think I've gone to the dark side.

We laughed about Shontrell the whole trip. It was one of those moments that will stand out.

I might have to start chimin' in here hehehehe
:cool1::rolleyes1:flower3:

Heck yeah, you need to chime in. We love making new friends on the Disboards. Feel free to post any time you want or make any kind of comments you want. You'll soon find that we're a pretty tight knit group and like to chat.

I made a photobucket account for our family reunion and I had to start a whole new account. You can also get a free hotmail account and just set it up under that email account.

Nothing is free in this world. There is always a price. I hate ads.

I've got three separate email accounts so if I have to, I can use the third one for another photobucket account. I figured, I'd get a free trial upgrade and then have to cancel within a certain time frame. I'm not signing up for anything else that supposedly "free".

Great update! Too bad I can't see the CBR pictures. Stupid photobucket!! :mad: Oh well, I guess I will wait! ;)

Hunter is so funny, just like my boys. Especially DS10 - "can we stop trying new resorts and go back to CBR" and "CBR has everything I need " :rotfl: He's 10, what does he possibly need???!!! :lmao: He is just convinced that we will never find a better pool or a better slide. And he is probably right, unless we ever get to take him to the BC/YC! But he really does love everything about CBR, the pool, the food, the lake, the bridge, the paths, the beaches, the marina, etc. Well actually we all do!

He is not too excited about staying at POR, but he is starting to come around. I keep telling him that you never know until you try something! He does seem to like the looks of OKW, I think because it resembles CBR.

Looking forward to more! popcorn::

Don't kids say the craziest things? But, you know what, most of what comes out of their mouths is their sincere and honest opinions/thoughts. That's what's making it so hard to change resorts.

I am sure that your family will like Port Orleans. Maybe not quite as much as the CBR but you'll be in Disney so that's all that matters. I'd love to stay at Old Key West. It's looks gorgeous.

:banana::banana: Yay!! You're back in business. :cool1:
I think others will agree with me here....You should be required to take a trip to WDW once a month- even if it is just a short one- just so we can read your reports! :rotfl:

Girl,

If my budget would allow, I'd be at Disney every month and writin' a trip report every time.

If I could save up the money fast enough, I would go to Disney for Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving, 2000 at Walt Disney World and it was a great time to be in Disney.

I hope to get our room pictures posted later today. I've got a lot of typing to do this afternoon but I'm gonna try.

Yeah, photobucket and I have a lot of fussing and fighting but I think I've got 'em licked right now.;)

You show 'em girl! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to see your room!

Oooh, I can't wait! You have to get more updates in Lisa to sustain me through next week! I'll be out of town and off DIS. :rolleyes:

You'll remember that even though the security guard didn't have us listed on his little clipboard checklist, we were able to check-in and had no problems. We were in and out of there in no time. Lacey and I go back to the car and I tell John and Hunter that we got a free upgrade. Now, John doesn't get into all the code watch, special promos, free upgrades, etc. He just helps me make the decision on where to stay and then relies on me to get the best deal. I have to explain to him, twice, that we got a free upgrade when we were put in a "preferred" location instead of a standard location like we paid for. Then, I had to explain what preferred and standard was. Like we haven't had this discussion the three other times we've booked our stays at the Caribbean Beach. Goshdog it, why don't men pay attention to us the first time?:headache:

We make our way around to Martinique and find the turn in for Building 26 parking lot. Oh my goodness, we really are right beside Old Port Royale. Yeah!

We each grab something from the car and set out to find our room. There are two sets of stairs but they're right beside each other. The kids run up one set and we walk really fast up the other. Again....don't fuss at us....we weren't making a whole lot of noise.

We wander and weave our way around the building until we reach our room. A corner room! Another bonus! I love corner rooms. The two windows make your room seem so much bigger. In goes the room key and we open the door to our home away from home.

I know you're anxious to see pictures so here you go. Wait a minute, I want to apologize that the pictures aren't in better order. I must have just starting taking pictures randomly 'cause I was so excited:

100_2076.jpg

100_2077.jpg

100_2078.jpg

100_2079.jpg

100_2080.jpg

It doesn't matter what our kids are doing but when we say "turn around and let me take your picture", they can strike a pose in 2 seconds flat.:laughing:

100_2081.jpg

100_2084.jpg

100_2085.jpg

100_2086.jpg

100_2087.jpg

100_2088.jpg

100_2089.jpg

100_2090.jpg

100_2091.jpg

100_2092.jpg

100_2097.jpg

100_2098.jpg

Hunter waited all of about 5 minutes before turning on the television:
100_2099.jpg

100_2100.jpg

100_2101.jpg

****Lunch time is over. Gotta get to work. Next installment will have pics of the view from our room.

I'm working on the installment right now.

Have you got your bags packed for your vacation? I bet ya'll are getting excited.

Yes ma'am! I'm working on it, at any rate. I have mine and DH's and one smaller one for DS4. They are open in my bedroom floor and I am steadily adding more. Yes, we are very excited. DH, who never gets excited about vacation, gave me a countdown this morning. He said "only five more days to go!" I couldn't believe it - he always acts so nonchalant about vacations. I was very proud of him. :laughing:

Okay, I'm off to read your update! :woohoo:

Okay, I read the update. Great job on the pics. You got EVERYTHING! I love that. I, sadly, don't think I got any of our villa on camera when we stayed in Saratoga Springs. I video-taped it, though, does that count? :laughing:

Your kids are just too darn cute. I see lots of both you and your DH in them. I can just tell they're really great kids. CANNOT WAIT to see to the views! :surfweb:

I loving this TR! I just love the way I can see how close your family is. I have a new blended family and I hope that on our trip next month we will all be as close. The kids (or I should say teens) have no idea about the trip, we are suprising them by making them do a scavenger hunt the night before we leave! Cant wait for the next installment!

Hi Lisa and crew!

Just popping in to reveal another lurker (since about halfway through the last TR even). I've immensely enjoyed the reports as well as reading all the random chatter between them.

I have been wondering though, since you started this, how have your "uninvited office guests" been acting? Surprised to not hear about any stores upon your return.

At any rate, thanks so far for the entertainment and eagerly (but patiently) awaiting more :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter