Stop hogging all the H2O!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I served lunch at a soup kitchen today and they were incredibly thankful for the toiletries my co workers and I brought with us to donate. They especially like the travel size stuff.

On my last cruise, I fell in love with the body butter. One day as I was leaving I ran into the stateroom host in the hall and I asked if I could have an extra one. He took two off of his cart and handed them to me. The next day, he came to my room with a bag full of the products. I would say 30 or more, about half were body butter. He said that Disney's contract with H2O was to get the product out there. They assumed people would take them home, use them and then want to order the full size bottles from the internet. I took my extras. I did use every drop of the body butter. And now, I do order it off the internet. So, I guess he was right.

On my last cruise, I fell in love with the body butter. One day as I was leaving I ran into the stateroom host in the hall and I asked if I could have an extra one. He took two off of his cart and handed them to me. The next day, he came to my room with a bag full of the products. I would say 30 or more, about half were body butter. He said that Disney's contract with H2O was to get the product out there. They assumed people would take them home, use them and then want to order the full size bottles from the internet. I took my extras. I did use every drop of the body butter. And now, I do order it off the internet. So, I guess he was right.

BINGO!! Re-read what you said he said. "So that people would order the full-sized bottles from the Internet." NOT "get their only supply from the cruise ship".

I get an extra or two of everything on the cruise to take home as well. The stateroom hosts have dropped off more than one of an item when we ask for one more.

Not on the cruise but still Disney H2O products - when WDW still had the blue bottles. We didn't get more on our DVC trash and towel day (as we are supposed to) so I called and for a new set of products. Housekeeping showed up with a plastic bag with 5 or 6 sets. Even when I tried to take just one set she just said keep them all and apologized that we weren't restocked when we were supposed to be.

BINGO!! Re-read what you said he said. "So that people would order the full-sized bottles from the Internet." NOT "get their only supply from the cruise ship".

But I'm pretty sure a bag of 30 items was more than what was needed to get someone hooked, yet the host still let her have that much.

Even when people don't hide product, hosts often leave extra. My mom got new sets every other day and she was the only person in the cabin and made no effort to hide anything. Of course she took home what she didn't use.

I think the average guest only takes home an extra full set or two - surely not enough to last too long (unless you are a really frequent cruiser).

He also said that he was trained by Disney and H2O to give them out freely in order to spread the product around. No, not everyone who takes one of the samples home is going to order full sized bottles. But, not everyone that watches a Pepsi commercial drinks Pepsi either. It's a win-win relationship with H2O and Disney. Disney gets to offer top of the line products to their guests at a greatly reduced cost and H2O gets major advertising.

He also said that he was trained by Disney and H2O to give them out freely in order to spread the product around. No, not everyone who takes one of the samples home is going to order full sized bottles. But, not everyone that watches a Pepsi commercial drinks Pepsi either. It's a win-win relationship with H2O and Disney. Disney gets to offer top of the line products to their guests at a greatly reduced cost and H2O gets major advertising.

Not everyone? Clearly not anyone on here since everyone is all about how much free they can get and "OMG will it last until my next cruise???"

Not everyone? Clearly not anyone on here since everyone is all about how much free they can get and "OMG will it last until my next cruise???"

You obviously just want to argue. Unless I don't really exist, then obviously someone has ordered. In fact, I shared one of my samples with a friend who has never been on a Disney Cruise, and she now orders it. I feel fairly confident that we are not the only two people in the whole world who have ever ordered H2O products as a result of receiving the sample sized products through Disney. If this was as big an issue for Disney as you, and some others, are trying to make it out to be, they would simply hold their employees accountable for the products. They would only put so many on their carts and instruct them to give no more than one per cabin and make them give an explanation for any missing products. The stateroom hosts would definitely not be giving out 30 items to one person who didn't even ask for them, if they were taking heat from their supervisors over it.

I can vouch that I tried H20+ products for the first time on DCL and I've purchased lots of their shampoos from Sears on multiple occasions, and I've recommended them to many of my friends who've done the same.

I also order online now as a direct result of enjoying the sample bottles in the cruise. Disney wins as well because the first time we cruised we took a few bottles home and when we ran out it got my husband and I talking about the cruise and how much we had enjoyed it so we booked again - and again - and again...........now about to go on our 6th. Obviously not because of shampoo, but smells do evoke happy memories and when your at home during a cold and drab winter like we get its nice to have that cruise smell to cheer you up.

What is so spectacular about these products that encourages hoarding? How on Earth are people getting many tubes onto planes? I travel with carryons only and thought the rules were pretty strict about lotions, liquids and so forth.
Having never tried the brand I can't imagine what causes such excitement. Are they scented? I can't use scented/perfumed bath products due to allergies. I usually carry my own unscented hair and body wash from Paula's Choice.

What is so spectacular about these products that encourages hoarding? How on Earth are people getting many tubes onto planes? I travel with carryons only and thought the rules were pretty strict about lotions, liquids and so forth.
Having never tried the brand I can't imagine what causes such excitement. Are they scented? I can't use scented/perfumed bath products due to allergies. I usually carry my own unscented hair and body wash from Paula's Choice.

Not everyone does this. We are a family of 4 so by the time we pack formalwear, shoes, pirate gear, etc. we have 4 checked bags & 2 carry-ons for a pre-cruise stay. :goodvibes

I have awful allergies/sinus problems and can't stand most scented things but somehow the body butter/lotion doesn't bother me.

We come over from Australia and stay for two months. Carry ons just won't cut it for us :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Can't wait to hit up Cabana's again wearing cargo pants and having my ziplock bags will be handy to stash my shrimp to mung out on in my stateroom!

popcorn::

it really must be an Australian thing, but I too wear cargo pants and take zip lock bags to buffets. Over the years I found the mini Tupperware containers are a tad bulky, but do like the med size zip locks, durable and come in a vast array of colors.

I enjoy stripping the buffet of pain au chocolat...they all belong to me. Mine, mine, mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter