Stop and Smell the Roses…But Watch Out for the Bees! July '12 It's a Wrap Folks! 2.23

Yay for the Typhoon Lagoon bus arriving first since you secretly wanted to go there anyway. ;) It sounds and looks like ya'll had a great time despite the rain. We usually hit the water park early and leave by 1:00 or 2:00 since it's so crowded by that time.

It worked out perfectly! :thumbsup2 I found the waits to not be bad. Of course Blizzard Beach was havign extra hours that day and I thought maybe that affected it somewhat, but I don't know if water parks are affected much by that!

Thanks for the Typhoon Lagoon info. We have never been to either of the Disney water parks but our new DVC annual passes will include water park entry so we might just have to try one of them. Can't wait to hear more about this trip and REALLY want to hear about F&W! :cool1:

Definitely give them a try! I am glad we did! Keith and I usually don't like water parks because of the long lines for a 30 second ride but TL was full of fun things and the theming is so well done. Plus the waits were not bad at all!

I have just found your TR. My DH is wanting to do a relaxing trip next time and I am not sure how to go about it. Going back to read and get some tips. The thought of a relaxing trip gives me hives. I don't know if I can do it.

Welcome!!!! I hope I can help with at least a few tips! I will say that for me thinking about doing a relaxing trip gives me hives!! :laughing: Actually arriving and going with the flow which creates the relaxing trip is almost natural in some ways and I have less hives at that point. The trip Keith and I are doing in a few weeks really is meant for relaxation and I have very little planned. After July's trip and seeing how well things went, I am finding this one easier to "plan". I still have anxious moments though to be sure I am planning things I do not want to miss like the MK Welcome Show that sleeping in can mess up!

Yay!!:cheer2: I'm so glad I guessed right! I was just hoping to get your take (and great pictures) of TL since we've never been to a water park yet. It looks fantastic. Like lots of fun. I agree with you about the lazy river. It just looks so relaxing (except for the dam of tubes in that one pic):rotfl: I know you're not saying much but I didn't realize that there were so many (clearing throat) groups there in July. We encounter them in January every year so I can totally relate to your slight comments!:rolleyes2 Singapore Sals looks like a place I could definitely spend some time (and probably money). Haven't we all done the "I'll come back later for it" song only to never get the souvie.:sad: That dress Madison is holding is super cute. Too bad you had such a rainy day although I have to say seeing people walking around a water park with ponchos is pretty funny! Great report! Thanks!

I believe that makes a few times you guessed right!! :thumbsup2 TL was a lot of fun and we would have gotten the WP& More add-on for October if TL had been open. But since it is closed we chose to save those dollars. By the time we got in the lazy river the clogs of tubes weren't so bad--probably thanks to the rain! The tour groups started becoming very noticeable on Wednesday and really annoying at this point too!! :( The people in ponchos were just too funny!!

Typhoon Lagoon, good choice! I love it there, so lush, green, and beautiful.

Europeans are extremely.....open about their swimsuit choices. They're just not as self conscious as we are. It definitely gives you a boost in your own self confidence though. :thumbsup2

TL really has the best wavepool in my opinion. Joaquin just adores it. Next July I'm going to buy an actual waterproof digital camera instead of buying the disposable one (that only ended up cracking!).

Ponchos and swimsuits. That's too funny. "Oh my God, I don't want to get my bathing suit wet!" :lmao:

TL was awesome!! I could have spent all day in that wave pool! It was one of the coolest I have been in! The swimsuit choices were especially interesting on some of the "high speed" slides! :rolleyes1 Chris really wanted to just sit at the pool area on those slides and "people watch" :lmao:

Glad you got to go to the water park you were wanting! It looks like a really neat park! And it sounds like y'all were really having a fun day until the rain came in. :sad1: Hope the rain stayed away that night!

All caught up!:thumbsup2

Your dinner at the Garden Grill looked really good! We've never eaten there before and I'm not sure why since my boys love Chip and Dale!! We are always on the lookout for them.:confused3 We'll have to make a point to check it out next trip!:thumbsup2

Love all your pictures of Illuminations!:lovestruc I love the WS all lit up at night! It's so beautiful! I know what you mean about waiting until later to get something. I do that all the time!! But, especially on our July trip as I would see something I wanted to get but kept holding off. Ugh! :rolleyes:

Yay for Typhoon Lagoon!:cool1: We love it there! I could really go for that lazy river right about now! Aww...so much fun! Sorry about the rain though. I remember that day very well as we were in Epcot getting drenched. Glad you were able to have fun despite the rain.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read your next update! (since we were in DTD that evening as well.:))

Glad you got to go to the water park you were wanting! It looks like a really neat park! And it sounds like y'all were really having a fun day until the rain came in. :sad1: Hope the rain stayed away that night!

It was a really great park. I wish we had a little more time to enjoy it! the rain did put a damper on the day but at least it wasn't too terrible!

All caught up!:thumbsup2

Your dinner at the Garden Grill looked really good! We've never eaten there before and I'm not sure why since my boys love Chip and Dale!! We are always on the lookout for them.:confused3 We'll have to make a point to check it out next trip!:thumbsup2

Love all your pictures of Illuminations!:lovestruc I love the WS all lit up at night! It's so beautiful! I know what you mean about waiting until later to get something. I do that all the time!! But, especially on our July trip as I would see something I wanted to get but kept holding off. Ugh! :rolleyes:

Yay for Typhoon Lagoon!:cool1: We love it there! I could really go for that lazy river right about now! Aww...so much fun! Sorry about the rain though. I remember that day very well as we were in Epcot getting drenched. Glad you were able to have fun despite the rain.:goodvibes

Can't wait to read your next update! (since we were in DTD that evening as well.:))

GG was very good!! The character interaction was probably the best we have ever had! Glad you enjoyed the Illuminations pictures (and Thank You!!).

I am really wanting to go back to TL and was sad to see it was going to be shut down while we are there in a few weeks! I think we even had dinner at the same place! ;) But I believe we were there later than you guys!

All cleaned up and ready to hit Downtown Disney we head to the boat dock. The wait for a boat becomes about 15 minutes because many people have decided they to want to enjoy the nightlife of DTD.

IMG_0995.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

As we dock the sun is beginning to prepare to set.

IMG_0998.jpg

We make way to our dinner destination: T-Rex!

IMG308.jpg

This was one of Keiths main requests. We did not have reservations since we chose to potentially wait rather than be tied to a specific time on a free day. The wait is 1 hour so Keith and Chris sit and Madison and I head off to World of Disney!!

I get these same pictures every single trip:

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

We get to WOD and Madison makes the purchases she had said she wanted to come back for&did I? No, havent you figured that one out yet!? :rotfl2:

Cuteness in the girls section:

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

The sun is really beginning to call it a day. I am a sucker for sky pictures!!

IMG_1008.jpg

We head back to T-Rex. Keith and Chris are still waiting.

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

I sit and snap another picture or two.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

Then I walk around for a few more sunset pictures&

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Continued in the next post on PAGE 20....

Right at one hour the buzzer begins buzzing and we head inside. We are seated in the same forest area we always do. Pictures around our table….

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

Madison and Chris:

IMG_1026.jpg

I wanted to stay away from this after my experience earlier in the week!!

IMG_1027.jpg

I always want to eat in the ice cave and never have!

IMG_1028.jpg

Keith and I although for some reason Keith appears to have the mumps?

IMG_1029.jpg

So this was with my phone and not great quality but much better with no mumps face!!

IMG310.jpg

And one more of the restaurant:

IMG_1031.jpg

Service was wonderful!! This was probably one of the best times at T-Rex we have had in terms of service!!

Food? Well everyone but me had a hamburger (sorry the eating had commenced!)

IMG_1033.jpg

I had a special that included Grilled chicken breasts (wonderful grilled flavor!!), tomatoes, spinach, gnocchi , and mushrooms all topped with crunchy fried onion strings. This dish was so, so good!!! My only complaint was that the onion strings were a little on the salty side. Otherwise it was great!!

IMG_1032.jpg

I had wanted to try the tomato soup since I had heard good things but alas this opportunity escaped me! Verdict? T-Rex is still a fun restaurant with a great theme. We have gone multiple times and never came out disappointed. It is loud when the meteors fall and the tables are close together. I mention this due to a man next to us got mad at Keith when the flash on his phone went off. Keith immediately apologized but the man was huffy the rest of the time, and he could have been a part of our table he was so close! Keith has decided though that we would probably wait a few trips before returning since the menu is beginning to wane on him. We will return though to any of those that are wondering if it is worth a trip: YES!

After dinner we made our way to the bus for another hour journey home. We walked along the outskirts to avoid the crowds.

Some pictures of Downtown Disney to leave you with!

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

Next up: Magic Kingdom finally while Keith sleeps and then more changes to our day's plans! MK is the only thing that stays the same!!!

I love seeing all of your TL pictures. We have never been there b/c we always go to BB first and somehow run out of time for another waterpark. Last month I took the bus to DTD and it went through TL, even the parking lot was tropical.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food at T-rex again. That is one of Caitlin's only request so we will be back in Feb. I don't remember the tables being that close together. How annoying that the guy was mad at the flash. It's not like you were taking pictures of him or his food.:confused3

I am the same way about waiting to buy souvenirs and never going back to get them. I guess it's just the fact that maybe something better will come along and you will wish you hadn't bought so much to begin with? Remember next time, buy more:thumbsup2

Gotta be a diehard USM fan to wear that shirt with the way they've been playing! :sad: SMTTT but we're going to have to do something about Keith and that "purple" shirt he has on! :rotfl2:

We've never eaten at T-Rex but now I'm going to have to add it to the list. See a pattern developing here? ;)

It seems like I always hear good things about TREX. Part of me thinks Reid would like to eat there but I'm afraid the loudness would not sit well with him. I'll have to give it a try when he's just a tad older. It does seem like a fun place for a meal.

I love DTD at dusk! Well, I pretty much love all Disney areas at dusk. :rotfl2:

Such good boys waiting for the restaurant while sending the girls off to shop!

GGAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Giant bee!!!!!

I have yet to eat at T-Rex, but I'm guessing it might end up on my list for next July. Bringing the kiddos along, and I think they'll love it there.

Love all the DD pics and especially the sunset ones. I know what you mean about taking the same ones every trip, I try and get new ones but have many of the same ones in my trip albums. It's like good comfort food!!:thumbsup2 Speaking of food, your dinner at T-Rex looks very good. Have to admit we've only made it there once but did enjoy it a lot. That insect is just very creepy!

I think I enjoy DD almost as much as the parks. We always have a lot of fun in the shops and restaurants although we typically only make it there once or twice while we're there. Can't believe no Ghiradelli's?????:)

I love seeing all of your TL pictures. We have never been there b/c we always go to BB first and somehow run out of time for another waterpark. Last month I took the bus to DTD and it went through TL, even the parking lot was tropical.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the food at T-rex again. That is one of Caitlin's only request so we will be back in Feb. I don't remember the tables being that close together. How annoying that the guy was mad at the flash. It's not like you were taking pictures of him or his food.:confused3

I liked the atmosphere at TL. I have always thought the BB concept was pretty cool, but I believe they are too different parks in many ways!

I don't think the tables are uncomfortably close except when you have the awkwardness of someone glaring at you. :sad2: The family were from Scotland or England (guessing from the accents) and maybe that was a reason for the disapproval of us takings pictures? Or maybe he was just tired after a long day!

Gotta be a diehard USM fan to wear that shirt with the way they've been playing! :sad: SMTTT but we're going to have to do something about Keith and that "purple" shirt he has on! :rotfl2:

We've never eaten at T-Rex but now I'm going to have to add it to the list. See a pattern developing here? ;)

I support my alma mater! Of course that picture was taken prior to the colossal collapse of the football season! We just aren't having much luck in sports this fall between the Braves tanking, the Eagles zero wins and the whole disaster in New Orleans. Proud for Brees though!! :thumbsup2 I keep working on Keith but he has had that purple team ingrained for more years than I have known him!! :crazy2:

I definitely see a pattern forming!! :thumbsup2

It seems like I always hear good things about TREX. Part of me thinks Reid would like to eat there but I'm afraid the loudness would not sit well with him. I'll have to give it a try when he's just a tad older. It does seem like a fun place for a meal.

T-Rex is great and Reid will love it!! I would recommend walking in without eating so he can see it and be familiar with the surroundings. There is a little store that people can go into and still get a good view of the restaurant. My nephew is sensitive to loud noises so I understand how that could be an issue! It does get loud during the meteor showers.

I love DTD at dusk! Well, I pretty much love all Disney areas at dusk. :rotfl2:

Such good boys waiting for the restaurant while sending the girls off to shop!

GGAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Giant bee!!!!!

I have yet to eat at T-Rex, but I'm guessing it might end up on my list for next July. Bringing the kiddos along, and I think they'll love it there.

Dusk at DTD is my favorite too and especially over the water! Keith will happily wait anytime to get out of shopping. I think that could have been considered killing two birds with one stone! ;) I bet the kids would love T-Rex!! And you too!

Love all the DD pics and especially the sunset ones. I know what you mean about taking the same ones every trip, I try and get new ones but have many of the same ones in my trip albums. It's like good comfort food!!:thumbsup2 Speaking of food, your dinner at T-Rex looks very good. Have to admit we've only made it there once but did enjoy it a lot. That insect is just very creepy!

I think I enjoy DD almost as much as the parks. We always have a lot of fun in the shops and restaurants although we typically only make it there once or twice while we're there. Can't believe no Ghiradelli's?????:)

Thank you! It drives Keith crazy that I take so many pictures of the same thing! Usually we only hit DTD about once or twice but this trip found us at DTD a little more. I know...no Ghiradelli's!! :eek: It was always so crowded....extremely crowded. this was my first trip to not go there!

Thanks for all those TL pics. I've never been to either waterpark, but it seems like I only ever see BB pics on these TRs. Both look great, but we have fun water parks around here, so when I'm in Disney I just go to the 4 main parks. Someday when I get sick of those parks and we have a couple free days, I am going to try one and some minigolf too! ::yes::

Thanks for all those TL pics. I've never been to either waterpark, but it seems like I only ever see BB pics on these TRs. Both look great, but we have fun water parks around here, so when I'm in Disney I just go to the 4 main parks. Someday when I get sick of those parks and we have a couple free days, I am going to try one and some minigolf too! ::yes::

I always say that one day I am going to try minigolf too...I have yet to do it! We don't have a lot of waterparks close to us and then the good ones are so few that they are crowded. You would think living in the south we would have a lot more! Because they are always so crowded here we have avoided them entirely but I found the park to not be overcrowded at all. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. It is had to see good pictures of the waterparks which I discovered when Keith and I were looking into the upgrade!

Great update!!:thumbsup2 Love all your sunset pictures...so pretty!:goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed T-Rex again.:) As you know we loved it as well.:thumbsup2 It's such a fun atmosphere and the food is really yummy!::yes::

Sorry for being MIA! I have been sick...and if I am sick enough to not Dis then I must have been SICK!! :guilty: This weather craziness warm, cool, hot, cool is driving my sinuses/allergies crazy!!!! I am heading out of town this weekend so I hope to do an update Sunday night.

Oh yeah and I have a little trip next week to a place called WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:

Great update!!:thumbsup2 Love all your sunset pictures...so pretty!:goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed T-Rex again.:) As you know we loved it as well.:thumbsup2 It's such a fun atmosphere and the food is really yummy!::yes::

Thank you!! T-Rex realy is just a fun place to be!! :goodvibes

Just found your TR!! We were at Disney the same week as you!! The crowds were bad..

I am so glad you found me and are joining in!! :yay: So cool you were there the same time! The crowds really were pretty bad!!

I thought we had the prize for the place to live that will drive your allergies/sinuses insane!! :crazy2: Seriously, sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I bet I know just what will make you all better. About a week from now................pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter