1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Stop and Smell the Roses…But Watch Out for the Bees! July '12 It's a Wrap Folks! 2.23

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by TinksThree, Jul 18, 2012.

1. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

We ride the Three Caballeros and look around a few shops.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rain passes so we decide just to call it a night. We head out around 10pm and get ready for another free day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember we have upgraded our tickets so where will we decide to go in the AM?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

I haven't had a hard plastic park ticket in years, because for some reason, Disney thinks it's a good idea to put annual passes on paper. That's just bizarre to me. Like, it's an ANNUAL PASS....won't it last longer on plastic? :confused:

I'm sorry that you were nauseous, but at least it subsided for your meal.

LOL, yup Dale = red nosed dimwit. My favorite chipmunk!

Nice way to end the evening and great WS and Illuminations shots.

4. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

I can't believe the APs are paper tickets! Wow! I really thought those would be hard plastic!

Thankfully that was the last of it. I have no idea what the cause was but I was so thankful that was it!! I forgot to mention Dale slapped my hand when I told the kids one of the squirrels was coming! :rotfl2:

Thanks!! Keith likes Illuminations which is a plus considering I can't get him to MK for the fireworks! Last night he even watched the 30th Birthday Illuminations that was streaming live! Baby steps!! :goodvibes

5. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

I've made and cancelled a Garden Grill reservation about 12 times now :rotfl: I think it's the only character meal we haven't done, but I've always heard really good things about it.

The first thing I thought when I saw the pictures of the entree was "That's not enough food for 4!" :rotfl2: So I don't blame you at all for asking for more!

You got some more really amazing pictures! I love the last one from Illuminations-it's stunning.

Boo for the rain cutting your EMH short!

Can't wait to hear what you have planned for your next free day!

6. solana131

solana131 DIS Veteran

That one was so cool! Love it!

Very true. I had this happen both trips now...I think I learned my lesson too ::yes::

Glad you liked GG. I just love how if you are lucky enough to get one of those bottom level booths, it feels like you are the only family in the whole place. And the characters really seem to enjoy their jobs there....more so than most I've seen. Sounds like you had a better server than we did....it took forever to get more food for us. But we still enjoyed it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

7. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Goodness gracious...that was a whopper of an update! It's been several years since we've eaten at The Garden Grill but judging from your pictures, it's just as good and as fun as ever! Man, Keith is really getting into the whole Disney mood isn't he?! Even if the picture of Keith and Mickey was supposed to be an inside joke with his boss, he still got up there and posed so that's a good thing. :thumbsup2

Your Illuminations pictures are so good! I'm glad that you decided to keep the last one with all the smoke 'cause I like that one a lot.

I do the same thing as you do and say "I'll wait and get that later." and then "later" never comes. You must do better on your upcoming trip and buy something that you like the instant you see it.

8. saintstickets

saintstickets DIS Veteran

Well....with that recommendation, I'll definately have to move the Garden Grill up on my to do list now!

Great Illumination pics. Fireworks are difficult shots and you nailed them!

9. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

That sounds like me with Les Chefs! I have made reservations, cancelled over and over! Yet to eat there. GG was really good and my only complaint would have been the amount of food on the platter! But our server was quick so we never felt like we didn't have what we wanted when we wanted.

Thanks on the pics! I had tons more but didn't want to bore anyone! :rotfl: I really liked the last one...it was so cool seeing it in person and I was so happy it translated to "film"!

I hope I learned my lesson. I guess we will see in a few weeks!

The lower level was so great and you do feel like you are the only ones there! I believe that was a huge bonus! The characters were so interactive even with us "older" people--not just kids!

It was a whopper wasn't it!? I felt guilty for neglecting my TR over the last week! Keith was really getting into the Disney mood! I haven't even gotten to other things yet!! It goes all the way to the end!! :cool1: And I think he is actually excited about the upcoming trip! I honestly wondered if the ribbing with his boss was an excuse to get his picture made without it being obvious!

I have my list made on what I missed out on plus tons of other things! We will see if I actually follow through!

Wasn't that picture neat?! And thanks!! :thumbsup2

Thank you!! Those are very hard pictures to get! I deleted as many as I kept!

I think if Keith likes something, then it must be at least worthwhile to try for yourself! He is a hard sell!!

10. sherylcin

sherylcin Mouseketeer

Wow! That was quite an update! I love how you all seem so relaxed and just going with the flow. Your dinner at GG looks and sounds like it was great. Glad to hear you could get seconds. I thought that first tray looked a little lean too! I think Keith must secretly be sold on Disney and he's just letting you in on it slowly. :rotfl:That's one location we keep meaning to get to and just can't seem to get it on the list. I've also wondered how as big a group as we have could sit together. Probably we'd have to split up.

Your Illuminations pictures are awesome! I can seldom get good fireworks or even just nighttime pics (probably not a good enough camera) so I love looking at yours. Really enjoyed them!

Did not know the fact about why Morocco stays dark or the Japan facts either. Thanks for sharing!

I'm hoping for Typhoon Lagoon next. I'd just like to hear your review of it.

11. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

Well....it is a water park but that has been given away already. I should update soon and see if you are right or wrong! ;)

12. pinkxray

pinkxray DIS Veteran

Your October plans are looking great! Congrats on Ohana, yuuummmmm!:)

I would love to try Garden Grill, the characters and scenery look so cute. I don't think I see one think on those plates that Caitlin would eat though, so I always end up cancelling.

Geez, you took a lot of pictures! I haven't been on the computer much and have been reading TRs on my phone or kindle but they would both freeze on your report trying to load all your photos:lmao:

13. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

Trying to play catch up!

Your October plans sound like they're really coming along! You'll be there before you know it! Y'all are going to love Food & Wine Festival! I would love to go back again for it someday!

The dinner at Garden Grill sounds yummy! And I love all of the EPCOT photos!

14. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

Thanks! I am getting so excited about the trip! My October is so busy that it will be here before I know it!! GG is so good and the character interaction is great but it is tough when you have someone who won't eat the offerings!

I had a huge post and am a picture nut!! My app on my phone tends to not load all of the pictures so I read the words and weeks later finally get on the computer to respond...but then I am way behind on that part!!

I feel as though I am always playing catch up!! :rotfl2: Thanks for the teaser on Food and Wine!! I keep loading apps and found a lot on Pinterest. I have all of this Facebook info plus a spreadsheet with my musts, what to use snack credits on, my back ups and which ones I think I may not want to share with Keith!! You can PM me any tips you garnered last week!! ;) It is kind of cool to have a different type of trip that I don't know things backwards and forwards! I feel like a novice Disney planner again!! :goodvibes

GG is super good and thanks...glad you enjoyed the Epcot pictures! I tend to go overboard at Epcot!!

15. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

I would first like to thank Christopher Columbus for discovering a 3 day weekend! And it has been a great weekend (at least to this point!)...more on that later! (after my weekend ends!)

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

When Keith suggested the upgrade, we knew we would go to a water park this day but we really werent sure which one. We decided that the bus that arrived first would be the park we went to.

We arrive at the bus stop and waited around 25 minutes before ANY bus comes! Finally one arrives for Typhoon Lagoon!!!! So Typhoon Lagoon it is!

[​IMG]

Secretly this was the water park I wanted to go to so I was happy!!!

We arrive and suddenly we are transported to another country! This wasnt the first time that we had felt this way during the past few days either. At one point on Tuesday we decided to time how long before we heard the English language spoken by someone other than our family&.74 minutes! Yea, really! But on this day we thought we had entered the French Riveria...the almost nude portion! So many Speedos and thongs and some people really need a friend to pull them aside and say I dont think this choice is a good idea! Honestly, who thinks having large amounts of belly fat hanging over a Speedo or string bikini is attractive! :confused: It made me feel much less self-conscious in my swim attire (although I was much more covered&.MUCH MORE!!!)

So we arrive and decide to seek a spot to lay claim to and avoid one of the six tour groups we had seen (at least we counted six different colored backpacks and funny looking blow up sticky things the leaders carry). We walk along the beach area&

And locate a great spot next to the wave pool!! This was our view:

[​IMG]

Keith had a swimsuit malfunction so we headed off to see if we could find a new one with a string to actually hold up his swimwear! We head over to Singapore Sals! Along the way I snap a few pictures since I knew once we hit the water my camera will have to be safely tucked away (except a throw away with few shots on it!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lazy river was calling my name! I love floating along a lazy river!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even at the water parks Disney leaves no detail unturned!

The ship towers over the park&with storm clouds looming! Another typhoon in the works?

[​IMG]

We arrive!

[​IMG]

We enter Singapore Sals and while Keith looks for a super cute pair of black swim shorts (with a Mickey on them!) Madison and I wander around. A few pictures I took (this is with my point and shoot and since I rarely use it now, I have forgotten how to get decent pictures!):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very cute dress I was tempted to get Maddie but chose not to at the time. Like I said before, this was a bad decision because we came home with hardly any souvenirs! I guess my pocketbook appreciated it.

[​IMG]

Another adorable shirt!

[​IMG]

And I loved the back on this&.

[​IMG]

Then I saw these and had to grab one for myself! I chose the black for versatility and I have gotten so many compliments! Best part? It was only $7.99!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heading back to our chairs and the wave pool!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The lazy river again from the bridge:

[​IMG]v

[​IMG]

The kiddie area:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then we hit this!!! This wave pool is so great!!! We had a blast hitting the waves!

[​IMG]

Continued in the next post....

16. TinksThree

TinksThree DIS Veteran

Pretty blue skies!!

[​IMG]

But soon we were headed to what I really, really wanted to do!!!

The Shark Tank!!!!!!

[​IMG]

We join in the 30 minute posted line but if it was really 30 minutes it was a very fast one!! We get our snorkeling gear and move on down the line. We get in our group and they explain how to use the masks plus the ins and outs of swimming such as staying at the surface level.

A few pictures as I swam in the shark infested waters!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Stingrays!!

[​IMG]

And other little fishies!!

[​IMG]

I loved it although I would have liked to have seen more. Madison hated it and decided she didn’t like snorkeling. Her dislike had more to do with the mask and breathing…she isn’t super coordinated!

They say how cold the water is and although it was cold I was expecting it much colder than I experienced!

We leave the Shark Tank area and decide to find a waterslide! Without much effort we get into line and while we wait I snapped a few pictures of the land of Disney. We stood in line about 30 minutes and tried naming the buildings we were seeing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this ride, the clouds are looking very mean and ugly so Keith and I decide to go find our belongings and Madison and Chris head off to ride another waterslide! Just as Keith and I get to our stuff we feel drops. We decide to head for “higher” ground but then the bottom falls out. Thankfully there are tons of palm trees and the act as great umbrellas!! We hover under one (although we decided if lightening starts this isn’t the safest) so we go back to Singapore Sals…along with hundreds of other people!

The park has now temporarily closed all water areas…which in a WATER park pretty much means everything is closed!! Now this is the 21st century and aren’t we all used to finding people with cell phones? Well since we are swimming we now have no way to find Madison and Chris but everyone must have been bee-lining to this store because we were crammed in like sardines and somehow the two kids found us with no problems!!

The rain finally lets up about 15 minutes later but the water areas are still closed so we decide it is time for some grub!! In search of food I take a few pictures of the area:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We head over to Typhoon Tilly’s and line up for fish and chips!

[​IMG]

No pictures since the camera was secure from the rain but the food was good...not amazing but very worth while!!

We eat up and about the time we finish the waters are deemed safe for re-entry. I go back and claim a new spot since our old spot is now a sea of 250 hot pink backpacks!

Our new spot has this view:

[​IMG]

Then we head to the lazy river!! Floating along enjoying our time….

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The temperature had dropped considerably and outside the water it was pretty cool when wet! Drips and falls like this one resulted in tubes being pushed to and fro making someone get drenched!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really loved the lazy river and Keith and I decided to go another round while Madison and Chris went in search of more thrilling rides. We told them where to meet us if rain was to fall again and then after they left Keith and I discussed where we wanted to head after we made this round in the river. Well, Mr. Gloomy, Gloomy Grey skies decided for us and as thunder rolled we grabbed our belongings and back to Singapore Sals we headed! Another torrential downpour ensued and this time pictures to prove it!

[​IMG]

Is that not the funniest thing….people wearing ponchos over their swimsuits!!! Lots of people were commenting so I decided a picture was a must!!!

A couple more pics from our shelter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

At this point it is about 1pm and we decide just to call it a day. We were tired of dodging back and forth and not enjoying our time there. I take that back…we had a wonderful time!! We loved TL!!! But the rain was a definite damper!!

As we exit the park, I grab a few more pictures and soon we are back at the resort.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once we got to the resort the skies were much happier there and we decide to hang out by the pool before cleaning up and taking a brief nap. We have plans for the night and we decided to get an early start on them!!

Next up: A night on the town...Disney Downtown that is!!

17. mickeystoontown

mickeystoontown DIS Veteran

Yay for the Typhoon Lagoon bus arriving first since you secretly wanted to go there anyway. ;) It sounds and looks like ya'll had a great time despite the rain. We usually hit the water park early and leave by 1:00 or 2:00 since it's so crowded by that time.

18. saintstickets

saintstickets DIS Veteran

Thanks for the Typhoon Lagoon info. We have never been to either of the Disney water parks but our new DVC annual passes will include water park entry so we might just have to try one of them. Can't wait to hear more about this trip and REALLY want to hear about F&W! :cool1:

19. reelmom

reelmom DIS Veteran

I have just found your TR. My DH is wanting to do a relaxing trip next time and I am not sure how to go about it. Going back to read and get some tips. The thought of a relaxing trip gives me hives. I don't know if I can do it.

20. sherylcin

sherylcin Mouseketeer

Yay!!:cheer2: I'm so glad I guessed right! I was just hoping to get your take (and great pictures) of TL since we've never been to a water park yet. It looks fantastic. Like lots of fun. I agree with you about the lazy river. It just looks so relaxing (except for the dam of tubes in that one pic):rotfl: I know you're not saying much but I didn't realize that there were so many (clearing throat) groups there in July. We encounter them in January every year so I can totally relate to your slight comments!:rolleyes2 Singapore Sals looks like a place I could definitely spend some time (and probably money). Haven't we all done the "I'll come back later for it" song only to never get the souvie.:sad: That dress Madison is holding is super cute. Too bad you had such a rainy day although I have to say seeing people walking around a water park with ponchos is pretty funny! Great report! Thanks!

21. IheartDDuck

IheartDDuck DIS Veteran

Typhoon Lagoon, good choice! I love it there, so lush, green, and beautiful.

Europeans are extremely.....open about their swimsuit choices. They're just not as self conscious as we are. It definitely gives you a boost in your own self confidence though. :thumbsup2

TL really has the best wavepool in my opinion. Joaquin just adores it. Next July I'm going to buy an actual waterproof digital camera instead of buying the disposable one (that only ended up cracking!).

Ponchos and swimsuits. That's too funny. "Oh my God, I don't want to get my bathing suit wet!" :lmao: