Stomach problems

Tiggeroo

Grammar Nazi
I have been sick mostly for the past six weeks or so. I started out with back spasms and some mild stomach cramping. Then I got upper ab pain and serious bloating. Afterwards my ribs would hurt and my back. I have been to dr's quite a few times. I have had blood work twice. I have had tv ultrasound, ab kidney and pelvis. I have been to gastro and had lactose test. For three weeks I have been on prilosec and recently switched to aciphex. I no longer get the severe upper abdominal pain but I do get some bloating, gas belching and sharp pain under my left ribs at the bottom. My back also hurts, which may be a side effect of the prilosec. If I don't take it for a day or two it feels a bit better. Also, I have arthritis in my back in the spots it hurts so any irritation could be irritating that. Tomorrow I have an upper endoscopy scheduled, which I'm freaking about. I don't think they have any idea what is wrong. I'm making it worst by playing internet dr. and being convinced that I have pancreatic or ovarian cancer. Has anybody had symptoms like this and found a successful treatment? I am going to keep going to dr. til they find something but I'd like to worry a little less.

When I had similar symptoms it turned out to be Lyme Disease. Most doctors are clueless and think it only affects the joints. Neurological Lyme can affect any of the nerves. With me it affected the tenth cranial nerve, which caused my digestive system to become paralyzed.

When I had similar symptoms it turned out to be Lyme Disease. Most doctors are clueless and think it only affects the joints. Neurological Lyme can affect any of the nerves. With me it affected the tenth cranial nerve, which caused my digestive system to become paralyzed.

Similar symptoms here as well as some that mimic *Gall Bladder issues. However, Ultrasound *ruled out.

We live literally with Deer on our lot. How is Lyme disease tested? What is your treatment?

Today, I decided to investigate my Medication side effects again. One description noted Gastrointestinal Disturbance side effects.

These read identical to my symptoms.

I posted Ramipril. Asking for information from other posters. Had some viewers but no replies.

I have tests for a Colonoscopy and Stomach (camera) But, not until the end of July, the earliest possible appointment.

I just had the upper endo. Nothing.

Thanks for follow up. A yr ago I had both tests done other than a polyp which was removed Their were no ulcers ie either.

I have been prescribed 2 meds. Could not tolerate either of them. At the moment I'm keeping food diary for triggers.

My brother who is 2yrs younger then I is having Heart related issues at the moment pending Stent surgery. We are 59 & 61yrs old.

He found out about his heart ailment after exhausted treatment for similar symptoms, years earlier then mine have started.

Our Father had hardening of the arteries. SO, I will be discussing this new development with my Dr.

I as was he dumbfounded to think it is probable in his case that all this time it has been his heart?

I'm still unsure if he has misunderstood and that he actually has 2 illnesses going on?

Did the doctor rule out diverticulitis?

I believe so. The symptoms were more like Gall Bladder. I'm assuming diverticulitis somewhat different. Ie Indigestion, heartburn, not in diverticulitis symptoms?

sounds like gall bladder to me.

I'm forever hopeful, as at least it's an easier fix. My Mother's was diagnosed negative, then, an attack and a visit to an ER diagnosed positive. She had the surgery and that was that.

Her's was in the 70's though and My Dr. Today says the tests they do now are more conclusive?

I think your next test should be a CT scan. That is the most thorough test that I'm aware of. Many times an ultrasound misses things. The fastest way to get one is to go to emergency when you are in your worst pain. The hospital will order one immediately here but I realize that things may work differently in the US.

Good luck. It must be frustrating.

I think your next test should be a CT scan. That is the most thorough test that I'm aware of. Many times an ultrasound misses things. The fastest way to get one is to go to emergency when you are in your worst pain. The hospital will order one immediately here but I realize that things may work differently in the US.

Good luck. It must be frustrating.

Thanks. The next appt is to discuss new info. My brothers situation, and Ramipril side effects, ideas given on this board.

I was offered a CT Scan. However, because they are equal to 500 exrays, I decided not to. After all the tests are done and if no answers then, I'm going to ask for an MRI. Apparently, not as invasive as CT?

Thanks. The next appt is to discuss new info. My brothers situation, and Ramipril side effects, ideas given on this board.

I was offered a CT Scan. However, because they are equal to 500 exrays, I decided not to. After all the tests are done and if no answers then, I'm going to ask for an MRI. Apparently, not as invasive as CT?

I understand your concern with the CT scan and it was probably a smart decision. While a CT scan gives more rapid test results and provides more details an MRI is less invasive as it does not contain radiation. I would go with an MRI first. I've had both tests done for various problems.

I understand your concern with the CT scan and it was probably a smart decision. While a CT scan gives more rapid test results and provides more details an MRI is less invasive as it does not contain radiation. I would go with an MRI first. I've had both tests done for various problems.

Hope your health problems were resolved. Take care

they ruled out diverticulitis with me. I have been off of the acid meds (PPI's) for a few days now. I think it's getting somewhat better without them. I'm going to give it a week. Maybe I was having a problem and the PPI healed it up but also caused bad side effects. The back thing scares me though. I get a squeezing spasm in my left shoulder then my ribs and upper stomach hurt. Then my lower back hurts. Many of my joints bother me, particularly my hips and the fronts of my thighs. It all seems weird. I am also getting a bad rash on my one thigh. I really haven't been to the dr. more then three times in five years and that's for my asthma. Now I'm there constantly telling them more complaints and I think they decided I"m crazy. I have a colonoscopy next week but i feel like that's kind of just to make money. I thought gall bladder was right side. Most of my problems are on the left side unless it lasts a long time then it hurts on the right side. I get one or two episodes like this a day. If I don't walk around after I eat, and sometimes even if I do, I get enormous gas and belching.

they ruled out diverticulitis with me. I have been off of the acid meds (PPI's) for a few days now. I think it's getting somewhat better without them. I'm going to give it a week. Maybe I was having a problem and the PPI healed it up but also caused bad side effects. The back thing scares me though. I get a squeezing spasm in my left shoulder then my ribs and upper stomach hurt. Then my lower back hurts. Many of my joints bother me, particularly my hips and the fronts of my thighs. It all seems weird. I am also getting a bad rash on my one thigh. I really haven't been to the dr. more then three times in five years and that's for my asthma. Now I'm there constantly telling them more complaints and I think they decided I"m crazy. I have a colonoscopy next week but i feel like that's kind of just to make money. I thought gall bladder was right side. Most of my problems are on the left side unless it lasts a long time then it hurts on the right side. I get one or two episodes like this a day. If I don't walk around after I eat, and sometimes even if I do, I get enormous gas and belching.

My symptoms are so like yours. Are you on any Hypertension Medications?
I'm on 2 for High Blood Pressure.

I take benicar but I've been on it for years. Those can be side effects but why now?

I asked because my symptoms read like side effects of my Meds.

I'm going to inquire about mine. Not sure about using something for some time and then developing problems with it but, I've been on mine for about 5 yrs. I unlike you don't have a rash but, a rash is listed in my side effects.

the rash may have nothing to do with all of this. I've been sick for eight weeks. I only got the rash a few days ago. I have sensitive skin and it could be something else.

the rash may have nothing to do with all of this. I've been sick for eight weeks. I only got the rash a few days ago. I have sensitive skin and it could be something else.

I'm like that with hives. I quickly looked up your Med it shows Dyseptia as one possible side effect. Reads like both our symptoms.

I think somewhere along the line in my own research I read very little about it. I'm going to read more on it now.

Maybe, a Physician will read our posts and weigh in.

Good luck with your fight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter