Stitchs great escape is going seasonal

That stinks. I know a lot of people hated it, but I like it. It's not my favorite ride by any stretch, but I enjoy it. Hope they figure out something permanent for it really soon.

I'm glad I finally experienced it in 2013, then. Stitch is my fave, but I'd avoided it because people tlaked about how horrible it was. I thought it was fine - not great, not horrible. But I'd be super disappointed if I hadn't experienced it, since I have no idea when I'll return again.

How does the attraction going seasonal have anything to do with them replacing it? Are they doing something behind the scenes when it's not open to get it ready to be rethemed? This just sounds like a straight up cut to me. We're not fans of this particular attraction. But I'm a fan of anything that gets more bodies out of the other lines I want to wait in.

LOL. Our first park day is October 2nd and I had Stitch penciled in as a filler activity to kill some time after hitting the headliners in Tomorrowland but before lunch at The Plaza.

How does the attraction going seasonal have anything to do with them replacing it? Are they doing something behind the scenes when it's not open to get it ready to be rethemed? This just sounds like a straight up cut to me. We're not fans of this particular attraction. But I'm a fan of anything that gets more bodies out of the other lines I want to wait in.

I once asked a CM that very question about COP. They told me that Disney will sometimes make an attraction seasonal just to see if there is enough demand to justify the attraction staying open. If the numbers continue to dwindle then it's apparent that the attraction either needs a refresh, or possibly needs a whole new attraction in that space. The problem is that sometimes Disney will close the attraction (Horizons, WOL) and then never open the doors again. If they want to re-tool Stitch I'd be all for a Hero's Duty type experience, or you know the Original Alien Encounter. I miss the Terror in E. T. :)

Nothing really but this could lead to them just closing it for good. The last time Disney did this was with the wonders of life pavilion, soon after it went seasonal it just closed for good.

Last day is October 1st. Then closed until November 19th, opened until November 26th then closed again until December 17th
Yep. January 2nd is the last day of operation for now. Who knows if it will come back after that.

Kind of glad we rode it this past week. I will say we went by several times and almost every middle of the day show was full. I think people just needed an "easy" sit down attraction that was in the A/C but still the seats were full.

Sounds like a cut.

Take a not very popular attraction with a somewhat dated IP and make it seasonal?

I am sure they save a lot of money for an attraction not being open during down times. Cast members, electricity, maintenance, etc.

In other words. We are cutting staff to save money, but will open this attraction to help suck up crowds during busy times.

Sounds like the death knell of the attraction. They would just shut it down if they were planning on making a new attraction there.

But .. optimistically, maybe it is part of some unannounced Tomorrowland refurb. They already painted the rocks just outside the attraction.

I realize Stitch is not a major draw, but I have to say that Disney is 'messing' with a lot of stuff in October while we are there. I realize there have to be periodic changes, but this is borderline chaos.
  • Big Thunder - Down
  • Dinosaur - Down
  • Stitch - Temporarily Shuttered
  • Electrical Parade - Gone before we planned on seeing it on the 12th. Had to re-work our schedule to see it on the 9th.
  • Rivers of Light - Probably not up and running until after we're home.
  • 6:00 PM close at HS on October 6th.
  • A bunch of recent changes to 8:00 a.m. openings at MK
  • Muppets in Liberty Square
  • Woody & Jessie get the boot
  • FEA down, up briefly, and then down again (okay, I'm just anticipating that one)

I wonder what's next.

Kind of glad we rode it this past week. I will say we went by several times and almost every middle of the day show was full. I think people just needed an "easy" sit down attraction that was in the A/C but still the seats were full.

I'm not sure that Stitch is still relevant anymore, Movie was in 2002 and then the TV series ended in 2012. It's been 4 years, and unlike some of the older Disney characters I don't feel that this is a Classic Disney character. Personally I'll go to stitch in October of this year, but I'm ready for a change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter