Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Thanks Melinda. Your instructions worked to a tee. I have been doing the copy-paste thing all this time if i wanted to add quotes, I just never thought of hitting the "multiple quotes" buttonn first. Actually, never even saw it.
So, again, thanks.

This doesn't mean that your not still strange , you know?:goodvibes

I'm a big fan of your past trip reports, I was thrilled to find this one the other day! keep em coming!

Ok, I just found out that not all multi quotes go through. Gotta pay attention.
FutureCinderella88, Geesh! What? You didn't like Antidisestablishmentarianism as a screen name?
I'm sorry. Can't help it. Glad you joined us live this time.

Hi, Nebo, this is the first of your TRs I've read and it's hilarious already! Glad to hear that you all decided to travel through our part of the country to get to Disney--we lived in Asheville for 11 years and now are back "home" about an hour north. When we went to WDW last year I drove the first leg and didn't relinquish the wheel to DH till the FL line (must have been adrenaline!) That was just a tad too far!!

OK, tomorrow's Thursday, so I'll be looking for the next chapter!:rolleyes:

I'm glad you joined us too. Your area of the country is beautiful. Except Gatlinburg once took all the money out of my wallet and wouldn't give it back.
Of course it's Eastern, or Western, Tenn. THere is no north or south.

Woo hoo! I finally got in on the ground floor of a nebo report. Well, the fourth floor (page) but really, really close to the beginning anyway!

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Your pal,
New Mexico Army or New Michigan Amy (I answer to pretty much anything!) :lmao:

New Madrid Amy, glad you got in early this time. But to call what we are doing that word, is probably an insult to the word, Adventures.

Ok, that's it. I'm done, tomorrow:upsidedow

Shoot: I forgot to mention something. Look at the time of my last post on page 4, then look at the Melinda time.

Again.

Coincidence?
I think NOT!

Smidgy, I am the carbon paper and white out queen! Spent countless hours correcting college papers for both me an my hubby (in the middle of the night mostly!).

Today's kids have it so easy, they didn't have to walk to school in the snow uphill both ways like we, ummh, slight more mature people did... :rolleyes1

Don't forget that was up hill both ways in the snow:lmao:

Read your last TR over the last 2 days waiting for an update here. I just have to say :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :happytv: :banana: :cool1:

There were points where I would be laughing hysterically and my DH would just come out, look at me, shake his head, mumble something about me never laughing at his jokes that hard, and walk away:sad2: Guess I'll have to work on that....:rolleyes1

Next CHapter Pleasepopcorn::

Hi, as I mentioned earlier, I never heard of it. Does it have an adapter you can plug into the cigarette lighter?

Better than that, Nebo. It has batteries. And it comes with a spare extra heavy duty battery and a battery charger. At top strength, the battery will last for ten hours.
I haven't gotten that far yet, though. It's probably somewhere near the strength of electroshock therapy!:hyper:
There is probably some attachment you can get to plug it into you cigarette lighter, but I just charge the spare battery overnight in the room.
Luckily, my health insurance paid for all but 15% of the cost since the doctor prescribed it under durable medical equipment (DME).
Try this website out for more information:
http://www.empi.com/patient/index.cfm
A TENS unit is much more effective than muscle relaxers at giving real relief from bad muscle spasms and chronic pain.
Try it---you'll like it!

Fishy..... fishy.... FISHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop goofing around and get on with it, dude! :surfweb:

You got another report to do in 3 months, you know!

;)

Hey , you're from Australia two, aren't you?
I've always wanted to visit there. The only country in the world with more poisonous snakes than non- poisonous snakes. No wonder Darwin came up with his "Survival of the Fittest."
glad you're with Missmun

Not from Australia at all. What made you think that??

I did post once on another thread that my cousin went there and will be going there to live for a few years starting this summer for grad school. Hopefully I will get to visit her, but I have never been thus far.

Paperbacks rock......by the way it is officially thursday. :coffee: are you up yet?:lmao: just kidding. read ya later.:thumbsup2

Welcome back!

Sorry I missed out on the start of your trip report. Our kitty disappeared on Saturday and we didn't find him till Monday. He was attacked by a fox or something big and is in the animal hospital with injuries including a paralyzed tongue, so he can't eat without being force fed. Needless to say, I haven't been in the mood for trip reports, even my own. But the Vet has hope that the nerve will regenerate and I need to be cheered up, so here I am. Thanks for the smiles, Nebo.

I really like the way you started this report, and I know this TR is going to be even better than the last two, which were both great.

I hope you managed the pain OK and you did a little dancing :banana: during your trip. You should be a great dancer since, thanks to your operation, when your feet are jivin' you're hip bone is shakin' it, too. ;)

tap,tap,tap..............Nebo it's thursday! popcorn::

Yay, Nebo! It's Thursday, time for an update. I gotta know if you made it to the mother country, or wherever...

Sorry I missed out on the start of your trip report. Our kitty disappeared on Saturday and we didn't find him till Monday. He was attacked by a fox or something big and is in the animal hospital with injuries including a paralyzed tongue, so he can't eat without being force fed. Needless to say, I haven't been in the mood for trip reports, even my own. But the Vet has hope that the nerve will regenerate and I need to be cheered up, so here I am. Thanks for the smiles, Nebo.

Awwwww, I'm sorry about your kitty. I hope he recovers :hug:

:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I was so looking forward to some nebo before I go to bed. I could use a good laugh.

Sorry, late start. Puter hates me.

Back on the road from Cincy, we pick up 75. Finally, I feel like we are going south again. Straight down to Lexington. Next "big" city to encounter. And still , the scenery is very pretty.
What's not pretty is my back. I am really getting concerned about it. My wife, whom I love to death, does not drive on highways or expressways,even though she's a good driver. They just scare her to death to drive on. I have found that when someone feels that way, it's a good thing that they don't do that then.

So, you have to understand, my concern now.
45 minutes goes by and I'm waiting for the Ibu's to kick in.

No kick.

Ok, how about a little "push" then?

No push.

A nudge? Gentle whisper in my ear? Cmon! I know you're in there cuz my stomach's all messed up.

And then you get squirmy.
Thank God for cruise control. By this point in the trip, I was playing those CC buttons on the steering wheel like a concert pianist.

Really.
Set. Coast. Resume. Accelerate. Coast. Resume.
I pulled into that gas station under cruise control.

Now from Cincy down to Lexington, we have the highway pretty much to ourselves. Even though I'm enjoyin the sights, I've got the back squirmies.
Play with the lumbar support. Uh uh. Tilt the seat back. Uh uh. Move the steering wheel, tilt the back rest, just trying anything. Uh uh.

Now, I'm sitting side saddle, facing my window but still playing the buttons.
Ahhh, Bach.

Sure there's no requests?

And then I crack.

She's just looking out the window, and I scream out:

"I NEED DRUGS!"

"Geez! You scared me."

"Sorry".

She reached behind her and pulled out a juice pack, gave that to me and dug into my little, tiny, pathetic pharmacy.

I glanced down to make sure she gave me what I asked for. I saw the extra strength, ok.

"Say hello to my little friends".

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

And on we go.

Going by Lexington, we saw a strange woman standing by 75, holding up a sign.

"Disney or Bust."

Diane pointed her out and waved.

From here it's now a long way to the next city, Knoxville Tenn.

I'm looking at my watch.
Finally, relief. My little friends have come to say "howdy."

(please, don't any of you do this, I have had to do this for years and years, and I know how they effect me. Plus I have built up a resistance.)

Down to Knoxville, and it's a long way. I'm finally back to driving in a normal position, and can appreciate the sights.
We are going through the Daniel Boone National Forest, and it's kind of "mountainy", at least more than we expected. Very pretty.

After a while, I decided that; "Hey, you hardly ever check the gauges when you are in cruise mode, " so, I start reading the dashboard.

Speed: 70
Fuel: 3 quarters
Tach: 3200 rpm
Temp: 150
Ceiling: Unlimited
Track: Fast
Pulse: 83
Par: 4

By the time we hit Knoxville, the Pk's were pretty gone, and it was time to hit rt 40 , and go through the "real" mountains. Even though we didn't need gas yet, I wondered if we might have a long drought in the mountains, so we stopped and filled up again.

The getting out really helped, if even for 10 minutes.

And on we go.

Even though we have been to the Smokies before, never this way. And we both wondered if after all we've just seen if this part might be a letdown.
Oh, how foolish adults can be.

Whatever I saw of the mountains came from the view out the windshield.
I didn't DARE turn my head. She's marvelling at the sights, and nervous at the same time. It's not like you are driving so close to the edge, but close enough. And the road gets extremely curvy.

Still have the road to myself though, pretty much.
But.
My back is killing me, it's bright sunny out, and it's raining.
And curvy.
I said "What? Do I have to juggle too?" This is the part that she and I are oil and water. You see, when I get nervous, I make jokes. Can't help it. When she is nervous, that's the last thing she wants to hear. And she gets really mad if I do. So it didn't help when I yelled out on a sharp left hand curve, "WHOA, HARD TO PORT! "

But on we went.

Then I saw the sign.
"Vehicles turn your headlights on!!"

Now this part is a part of the trip that I never shared with Smidgey.

We went into a tunnel inside the mountain that was PITCH BLACK! And even with my headlights on, from coming out of the bright sunshine, I couldn't see a thing.

I slowed down a bit, but you can't do that too much.
I had a death grip on the wheel, trying to "feel" my way through this thing using a "bat's" sonar.

It was that dark.

Shall we sing?

"Inside of Old Smokey,
I can't see a thing,"
"And soon we'll be wearing,
The nice scene-r- y."

"We'll crash in the tunnel,
We'll total the car"
"And soon they will funnel
Our guts in a jar."

Finally, a light at the end of the tunnel. Wow! A real life cliche.
"Come to the light. Come to the light."

And I did. What a relief to be back outside. Except now the sun is gone, and it's pouring out.

About ten miles or so down the road, my heart dropped.:scared1:

"Vehicles, turn on your headlights."

Noooooo, I played this game already, and I won! Don't do this to me again.

However, this time it was lit up all along the way inside, Easy Peazy,,,,,

And on we go to Ashville N.C.

Switch to rt 26, and make Spartanburg, S.C. Not long after I couldn't stand it anymore, and had to hit a rest stop. Late afternoon now, and yes, I gave my buddy, Vic a call again.

Through Columbia, and now we're checking out signs and such for motels. I can see it's starting to get dark, and what do you know? Next town is Orangegurg. Just where I thought we'd make it to.:banana:

A Howard Johnson for 45 a night, cheapest we could find. Most Motel 6's blow this place away. But it worked. The next morning, I filled up again, and we had breakfast at a "Waffle House."

Yes, THE waffle house. Never have eaten in one before. It wasn't too bad.
I ordered "over medium" , they came out runny.
Diane ordered "over easy" they came out hard.

And on we go.

Picked up RT 95 and the "love" was gone from our scenery.

We hit a load of conjestion in Jacksonville, couldn't get over to Highway A1A there so we stayed on 95 till St. Augustine. One really cool thing about Jacksonville was that she had read that there is now a new bypass bridge. Open, but not completed yet. When you first see it, you are coming down from a pretty high hill down to the river where the bridge is. Since you're high and the bridge goes Way Up, it looked like cars were going up this bridge and then just falling off into the water. My wife loved it. right.

Let me tell you, after 909 miles the first day driving, the next day you are shot. My back was bothering me after about 80 miles. And the last two vics went down about 30 miles outside of St. Auggie.

Going through the town to get to A1A, I wasn't all that impressed, I don't think she was either. It reminded me of The Dells, in Wisconsin, or Gatlinburg.

What was kinda cool was there is a bridge you have to cross, something like the Lion Bridge, or Great Bear Bridge. Just as we got to it, this light turned red and I had to stop. We were the first car. Then the road separated from the bridge and went up so a huge yacht could go underneath.

Diane hates bridges as it is. but this was fun to watch. From then we found our Comfort Inn and checked in, right across from the beach.
Or so we were told.

Goodnight folks, some pics next time. Over the weekend. Honest. Maybe. ::eek: :eek: :scared1:

Now, I'm sitting side saddle, facing my window but still playing the buttons.

Shall we sing?

"Inside of Old Smokey,
I can't see a thing,"
The nice scene-r- y."

We'll total the car"
"And soon they'll be pouring,
Our guts in a jar."

:

:lmao: :lmao: As usual you are the cause of my family giving me weird looks! I seriously laughed till I cried over the sitting side saddle, and then when you decided to"sing" I just about had a depends moment!:rotfl2:
And I have to admit that at first I believed the woman with the disney or bust sign and then reality hit me in the forehead and I realized you must be kidding.

Shall we sing?

"Inside of Old Smokey,
I can't see a thing,"
The nice scene-r- y."

We'll total the car"
Our guts in a jar."

:lmao: :lmao:
Cant wait to see your pictures. Love this installment! I dont think I could make it for such a long drive to Disney and I could not imagine what it would be like on the way home.

"Inside of Old Smokey,
I can't see a thing,"
The nice scene-r- y."

We'll total the car"
Our guts in a jar."

biglaugh.gif
Now that's funny, not that I would laugh at your impending doom by running into the wall of a dark tunnel, but the song is hilarious!
biglaugh.gif

Hi nebo! I'm still here in california. We did universal Hollywood today. Their backlot tour and citywalk are better, our parks are better! I enjoyed doing disneyland and California adventure too but am totally ready to go back to Florida.

Indy vs dinosaur? Indy IMO is a hair better. It is just as bumpy but the preshow at indy is totally cool. The ride itself has better effects, is more in your face and you can see. Well, maybe not you, but we can see a lot more of what's going on during the experience.

I enjoyed your update, esp the song. You totally had me believing your hitchhiker story too...for about a minute ;)

Love your stories dude! Mean it!

Colleen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter