Still Feeding Nebo: The may trip final chapter pg 122, Dec. 31

Yay, Nebo! Spill about Universal, I'm curious, too.

Oh, yeah, and don't leave out all the fun you have with your "medical conditions".

popcorn:: (bought from Utahmama, of course)

Hi Nebo (and Smidgy)! :wave2:

I truly enjoyed your "Feeding Nebo" report! I am coming out of lurkdom to say that I am looking forward to more of this report. We are heading to WDW June 13 and will spend the last 2 days at Universal and Hard Rock Hotel.

Welcome back!:goodvibes

I finally made it!

Thanks tiggerbell ;)

We drove the pacific coast highway today and had no signal til just now... I am literally onmy way to disneyland as I write this :woohoo:

Great start nebo, thank you for the heads up too! Jaime PM'd me the direct link last night because my only internet access is thru my phone.

What be the schedule for updates this time around? Do I have to wait til Thursday?

Enquiring minds are back!

Yay!!! Nebo and Doby!! :cheer2:

I know I'm a day late and as of right now am a dollar short,

so glad that you have your priorities right about the money thing...just use Disney math and it'll all work out in the end !!!:teacher:

So I'm hoping if you didnt make it to The Reef in St Augustine that Caps was your second choice..:thumbsup2 either one excellent choice!

Soooooo- whats next!!!

Yes, tis Bee checking in, now that I am here the story can continue.

Love living vicariously through your stories, will be waiting with much anticipation for your next chapter.

Lave y'all, Bee

I know most of the Dissers are younger folks, with kids, but this is the kind of trip that could be you in 15 years.

This is us now so I'm in! And at the beginning for a change! Kinda.... :teeth:

Holy Smokes! Wow! I guess it pays to advertise. Guess I'll cancel the Good Year Blimp now.
Thank you all very much for posting, I think this is going to be a blast!

There will usually be an installment every monday and thursday night, with occasional sats and suns thrown in.
Reason? These are the nights she works.
I also really appreciate your comments, anyone writing these tr's does, it's kinda like having a bone thrown to you, and shows you folks are reading.
But even more importantly, often, it's you guys that are hilarious, and it can give me thoughts, for the next chapter.

I will always try to acknowledge as many of you as I can, but sometimes I just don't have enough time, please don't feel hurt if you post and I don't comment. I still haven't mastered the quoting thing myself, sometimes it works, sometimes I just type it.

Now, when I finished the first chapter, trippit? , I went back to tr boards to catch up on Jaimie's. I expected to see at the top of course, this one , since I just posted. And it was. Only the last poster was Lexmelinda. Huh? It said, " Tee Hee, I'm first" She knows how much I like Tee Hee. But, she had posted while my SCREEN was changing. I thought it might still be in the phone lines, actually. This is one strange woman, so consider this when you read her posts.

and;

Marion Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo
I know most of the Dissers are younger folks, with kids, but this is the kind of trip that could be you in 15 years.

This is us now so I'm in! And at the beginning for a change! Kinda....

So glad you could join us, pull up a chair, Marion.

harleygirl : Yay!!! Nebo and Doby!!

I know I'm a day late and as of right now am a dollar short,

so glad that you have your priorities right about the money thing...just use Disney math and it'll all work out in the end !!!

So I'm hoping if you didnt make it to The Reef in St Augustine that Caps was your second choice.. either one excellent choice!

Um, actually, no, and no. At the beginning of a trip, I am really cheap on money. We ate cold chicken in our room that night that we bought two days ago from Popeye's.

Kath1210; howdy, I will give you all the info that I can remember about Hard Rock Hotel. But I guarantee it is going to more crowded when you go then when we did.

jcc0621 Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
I just spent a half hour trying to figure out how to "quote" (can you put the word "quote" in quotes? or do they cancel each other out? oops, I did it again; I think I'm beyond my quote quota). I ended up locking up the computer. I tried to erase my "bad, bad dobby mistakes, but the rubber end of my typewriter eraser only smudges up the screen, and the brush end scratches it. I tried to copy what I wrote but the carbon paper makes a big mess. (you kids have NO idea what carbon paper is, do you?) lexmelinda... HELP!!!!

I know what carbonpaper is....BUT I really liked when we were in school and the teachers used the mimiograph machince. Could get a real buzz from smelling those things

Jcc,,,, welcome aboard . I still remember sitting in the first row and when the teacher would drop the mimiograph tests on my desk and say take one, pass them back, I would hold the stack up to my face and breathe in.
For each sheet.
Then I'd get a "D".

dvc at last ! Subscribing !

I have read many things that Nebo and Diane have written
and loved it !

Looking forward to more.

I am grudgingly going to say "welcome", but it's not easy. No, it's not you, it's your screen name.
Class, can you say the word, "COVET?"

Smidgy:
Nice post. I liked it. Is there anything in the fridge or should I make pot pies for dinner?

and Utahmama;
Do you realize that it took me 4 months to get Lexmelinda's "Easy peazy, lemon squeezy" out of my head?
Now, every time I see you it's going to be "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey"
Thanks a LOT!

Short break here.:idea:

WooHoo! I'm jumping on the nebo train! Seeing you start a new trip report is a great ending to my really crappy day! So how many pills did you go thru this trip?

Geesh! Am I just fodder for your amusement?
( you don't want to know how many pills)

from Mcdisney;
Omigosh!!! It's may 26th!! Did I miss the train? Oh, duh, guess I don't do well with flashbacks (or flashforwards- anybody watch Lost?) Anyway as I run alongside the train as it pulls out I hope Dobby, I mean Smidgy, can get all our stuff in (not a very good packer myself).

Anywho, this should be fun!
Welcome back!

Shawn

I thought that was you running behind, but once this thing gets going, it doesn't even stop for red lights.

Thanks again for the encouragement, Tracy, Jaime, Bee, Angela, Marie, Connie, Marita, Soonergirl, Suzflee, and those I'm missing. I have to get to work here now.:goodvibes

it's Monday

Nebo,

I too am glad I can jump on board at the beginning (of this report anyway).:banana:

Let's hope we don't get to hear about too many mishaps on this one - although the way you write about them is hilarious.

Looking forward to more - popcorn::

Thanks for helping me De-Lurk.

Mike

I'm in. On the ride. For the long haul. Today is Monday Right? holidays throw me off. so tonight? another trippette?:surfweb: can't wait.popcorn::

I know this is going to sound really egotistical, but when your doing an autobiographical trip report in the first person, it's going to sound that way. If it doesn't, you're doing something wrong.

But I need to talk about me some more, especially right before we left.

I have prescriptions for blood pressure meds and painkillers for my bad foot. I wouldn't even consider going down without any of them.

Especially the painkillers.

Vicodin.

Extra strength.

More often than not, though, the vikes get used for my back. My dirty stinkin , lousy back.

The problem here on this trip, is that you can only refill prescriptions so often. A 30 day script can only be refilled after a bout 26 days. The insurance won't cover it, and the pharmacy shakes there head and gives you the "shame, shame shame" thing with their fingers.

As much as I like to drive, driving exasperates my back. I won't even consider driving down without the vikes.
Only problem is, I"m down to ten. With a week to go, and can't be refilled for at least ten days.

And my back went out.
Bending over at work to rinse off my hands at this stupid , circular sink that kind of shoots out all these little streams of water .

A German Shepherd lifting his leg could have rinsed my hands off faster.
So, I leaned over to get more little streams, and , "POP" goes the Nebo.

The next three days were spent in panic and misery, I couldn't straighten, and the "saved" pk's kept calling me. I got a few from some friends, lesser ones, and they helped. When you're not in so much pain, you ease up, untighten, and the back heals much faster. And I had to hit into my saved pile too. She was thinking of cancelling, before we would lose all deposits.

I couldn't even take off work, not with a vacation coming up. So I bared it and prayed.

It made a tremendous improvement the day before we left, and we happilly packed. I am nervous though, all I have to get down there on is 3 extra strengths, 3 regular, and 3 useless Darvocets.

And a whole ton of Ibuprofen.

Refills are not forthcoming until Monday, when we are at the Hard Rock.
I had even called down, and found out there was a Walgreen's near Universal. YES!

Friday morning:
"Steve, Steve, get up."

"Aw mom, I don't want to go to school today. I'm sick."

Normally, I'm the morning person, but this still isn't really morning yet. It's ten to 3. What I couldn't believe is that she was not only up, but showered and dressed and packing the cooler.

It was all I could do to find the bathroom.

Most loading was done the night before, but there's always something that you have to remember to forget to bring.

I wanted to leave at 3:30, but I was the slowpoke , and we didn't leave till 15 minutes later.
We sit in the car, in the dark, ok, have we got everything?

Then I remembered that I wanted to lower the water heater, and ran up to do it.
The one cat almost got out!

Ok, NOW, we're ready.

Just before we pulled out of the driveway, I took her hand and said a short prayer.
Then, we were off.

The prayer basically amounted to, "Dear Heavenly Father, please don't let me drive off the Smokies."

We have taken 9 Disney trips so far, driven 7 times. This ninth time, I thought we'd do it different.
We are about 40 miles NW of Chicago, the normal route is through Chicago, Indianapolis, louisville, Nashville, Chattanoogie, Atlanta, and and then Orlando.

This time the route is totally alien to us. From Indy, it's on to Cincy, then Lexingmelindaton, Knoxville, Ashville, N.C., Spartanburg, S.C., Columbia, Savannah, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Daytona, then Orlando.

An Eastern route if you will.
I had been checking all the AAA guides and maps and I thought that if things went ok, we should be able to make this little town called Orangeburg, S.C. So , that was my goal the first day. It's just sw of Columbia.

Right here is my favorite part of the trip. The beginning of a new adventure. The promise of fun. The hopes and dreams of tomorrow.
Ok, I'll shut up now.

But 35 miles from the driveway, that's the best part.
I normally exit on St. Charles Rd.
For work.

Not this time, baby. It's the next exit I'm after. The tri-state SOUTH!

Driving trips with us are funny. Even though I'm the one behind the wheel, Diane is really the driver. She has the Atlas on her lap for almost the entire trip.

Once I punch in the cruise control, all I do is aim.

I'm the designated aimer.

I "fake" laughed hysterically when we passed St. Charles rd. , and was so glad that I put the "Ipass", toll transmitter in her car the night before, cuz I never thought about it this morning.

When we hit rt. 65 in Indiana, I told her to go to sleep, she reaches back and grabs her pillow and that's it.

Did you ever watch someone try to take a nap in the front seat of a car with the seatbelt on?

It's pretty entertaining.
There is more shuffling, moving around, moaning, groaning, "tsk tsking".
I checked to make sure her door was locked.

Don't want to lose the Atlas!:rolleyes1

Down 65 we go. I"m smiling, sun's coming up, got the radio off, just thinking about what's coming up in the next two weeks. She wakes up in Indianoplace just in time to get me to take the eastern bypass that leads us to 74.
And on we go. I was really surprised at how nice this part of Indiana looked.

Rolling hills, forests, it's gorgeous! And it just kept getting better.
Nearing Cincinatti it was about time for the first fill-up, so we got off for gas just before cincy. We were about 5 miles away from the actual city but again, just gorgeous, mountainy countryside.

Huh?
Cincy?
I never knew.

Ok, the pit stop.
When we stop for gas, we each have our jobs, just like a pit crew.

She empties the ashtray, throws away any garbage that might have accumulated, goes to the bathroom, makes a small coffee for me, a hot tea for herself, and sometimes buys a paper.

I open the door and try to stand.

Straight.

If I achieve that, then I swipe my card and fill the dang thing up. Hopefully, at this point while it's filling, I'm not having to do the pee pee dance just yet.
But even the sound of the gas flowing through the hose.......

"I have your coffee, so, how you feeli,,,,"
"Fine, just fine, where's the John?"

Back in the car, I reset the tripp Odom. She calculated the mileage.
Crap. I expected at least 23.
Another crap was that my back was bothering me way more than it should have been . We aren't even half way to our first sojourn.

I took two more Ibuprofs. So far, I"m at 4 Ibu's, and two aspirin.
It's about quarter to ten when we pull out. And on we go.

Uh oh, can't sit here anymore. love you guys, see ya'll soon.:hourglass

by the way, there will be pictures, I still have to get them put on disk and download them into Photobucket, that kinda junk. Yes, Melinda, my digital camera went along with when my high speed internet access and cell phone eloped.:snooty:

Oh, Nebo, I can't believe that you get up at darkthirty to drive to the magic place. This is going to be fun!

I hope the painkillers take effect soon!

Dang Nebo, you foiled my nap plans! First Zzub, then you! I went to post a tiny edit, and up came your new report!

POP goes the NEBO? LOL:rotfl2:

Not really funny for you, but you are funny Glad you are back!

Right here is my favorite part of the trip. The beginning of a new adventure. The promise of fun. The hopes and dreams of tomorrow.
Ok, I'll shut up now.
:rotfl2:
Hope the Ibuprofen's get you to your destination ok. My heart goes out to you and all those with back issues. It is so painful. Can't wait to hear more. Bi-weekly installments!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nebo, Nebo, Nebo. Haven't you conned your doctor into proscribing you a TENS unit yet for your back? (TENS = Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation)
(Pun warning!) It'll really give you a major buzz. O.K, so you had to have used one to get that one.
My TENS unit saved this last Disney World vacation for me. I can't take NSAIDS because I am allergic to them. Just give me half a Flexeril at night 3 nights in a row and I am in major space city. Let's not even consider Vicodin. I would prefer to be awake during my Disney trip!
All you have to do is slap on the sticky pad electrodes, connect the wires to the little box, turn it on,choose your level, and attach to your waisteband or other semi-stationary piece of clothing.
You may look like a walking home made bomb, but it fools your brain into stopping all those nasty back spasms.
Just be careful what you say when you go through security. Murmering something resembling Farsi under your breath just might get you some really special treatment.
And don't let your DW tell everyone that you are "da bomb!":rolleyes1

by the way, there will be pictures, I still have to get them put on disk and download them into Photobucket, that kinda junk. Yes, Melinda, my digital camera went along with when my high speed internet access and cell phone eloped.:snooty:

uh oh, is he talking about that four letter F word? ya, know film?
Good stuff so far popcorn:: (thanks utahmomma for the kettle corn!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter