Steph and Tom's PJ!1/3/10-WP/WHR/AAP/ITALY-We won Best Love Story! Thanks for voting.

Stephie77

DH and I married at the most magical place on eart
Hello. Well since I officially have a date I am excited to start my PJ!:woohoo:

I am Stephanie and I am from Brooklyn, NY. I am a Litigation Patent and Pharmaceutical Paralegal in Manhattan. My fiancee is Tom. He works in Sales (shoes! how lucky am I!) We have been together for a little over 3 years.

How We Met
One night some people from work decided to go out to the bar called No Idea Bar in Manhattan. They have what is called a name night and if your name is posted on the chalk board behind the bar you drink for free all night. My friend from work name is Eleftherios-Teddy for short-and since most people do not have the name Eleftherios he was the only one in the bar drinking for free. He invited some of his friends to meet us at the bar. Tom and him have been friends since they were kids. Tom walks in and I thought he was cute but thought nothing of it. Believe it or not he was actually there to meet one of my other co-workers. Obviously that didn't work out. :goodvibes So we started talking at the bar and would go out to smoke a cigarette together (no smoking allowed in NY Bars) when we wanted to smoke. He and his friends were going to another bar and invited me to fo. We ended up hanging out really late and he asked me for my number. He called me a few days later and the following week we went on our first date. The rest is history. :banana: :yay:

The Proposal

We have been going to Disney the past couple of years for NYE. So we arrive in the park at 10:00 am. We immediately go to Pirates of the Carribean (DF is a HUGE fan). Of course they have a Jack Sparrow performing. Tom was the only adult who became a Pirate Apprentice! pirate:
(Have pics at home, post later). So he told me later he was thinking about doing it then but decided against it. So we walked around the park all day with the ring in his jeans pocket. He was trying to find the perfect time to propose. He was going to do the whole castle proposal but wanted something a little different. At one point, he was on his phone so I went into his pocket to grab chapstick (i always do that) and he swiped my hand away and said it was in my purse. I almost ruined the surprise as the ring box was in that pocket! :rotfl: Later on through the day, I noticed he looked a little weird. I asked if everything was ok, you look strange. He said he was fine. I choked it up as he was nervous about going on Roller Coasters. ( He hates them and I love them and make him go on with me!) We also went on Big Thunder Railroad in which he was freaking out more b/c he was terrified the ring would fall out! :scared: I of course did not know this. He really wanted to do it early enough so I could call my parents and friends. Of course it did not work out that way. Finally at like 2:00 am, (Yea for extra magic hours!) we see Mickey and Minnie at Sir MIckey's with a Photo Pass set up. They were there last year at that time and Tom and I kept walking through there as the night progressed. He would tell me that he wanted to stop to smoke a cigarette (since smoking section is right there). :smokin: I of course had no clue he was waiting for Mickey and Minnie to come out. Anyway we get online and as we join the line we hear the Cast Member say that "Mickey and Minnie are leaving in 8 mins." I was upset and all Tom said was I hope we get to get our picture taken before they go away. We were about 6 people back and lucky for us the family in front of us decided on a group picture. :thumbsup2: So we get up there, start taking pictures. Tom told me later he was debating whether or not to do it then since we were probably the last ones to see Mickey and Minnie since they were leaving. He decided screw it because this is what he really wanted to do and hoped the people online would understand. You can see Tom was nervous right before her proposed. I turn to hug Mickey and I hear Tom say "Let's take one more." I turn around and there he is on his knee with the ring! I was in total Shock! We of course talked about it and I even mentioned to my BFF it might happen but I really did not think he would do it in Disney. It was the sweetest proposal ever.

[/SIZE]
DisneyPhotoImage58.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage55.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage56.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage48.jpg
[/IMG]
DisneyPhotoImage52.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage45.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage50.jpg
After
DisneyPhotoImage46.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage42.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage38.jpg
Here is us right after
DisneyPhotoImage35.jpg
DisneyPhotoImage36.jpg

My DF even got a huge bruise on his knee (post pictures soon) from going down so quickly! After about a minute of me being shocked, I finally said yes! Everyone online to see Mickey and Minnie started to clap.Minnie Mouse was actually shaking! Even better is the fact that the photopass guy got the entire proposal!!! It was so sweet and romantic. :love:

Here is my ring
MyRing-1.jpg

So now we are planning our 1/3/10 DFTW! So excited and will keep everyone posted with details.

Aww that is such a beautiful engagement. It is so sweet when they arenervous all day before lol I cant wait to hear about your plans

welcome and congrats! what a great story! Thanks for sharing. wonderful pics too. Looking forward to hearing more of your plans.:goodvibes

awesome e-story! How great that it was all caught on film too!
Welcome, cant wait to read more:cool1:

Aww that is such a beautiful engagement. It is so sweet when they arenervous all day before lol I cant wait to hear about your plans
Thanks! I am so excited to really get into planning. I basically know exactly what I want but I am sure it will change a little. I just reserved the date. Waiting on menu prices and then going from there! I started reading your PJ (keep having to stop b/c I am at work) lol and so excited for you! I love that he used the chocolate slipper to propose. So sweet!

Thanks! I am so excited to really get into planning. I basically know exactly what I want but I am sure it will change a little. I just reserved the date. Waiting on menu prices and then going from there! I started reading your PJ (keep having to stop b/c I am at work) lol and so excited for you! I love that he used the chocolate slipper to propose. So sweet!

How wonderful you finally started a PJ!!! Congratulations!!!!! The engagement is so sweet!!! I love that there were photog's there. Can't wait to read about all your plans.

I don't know why or how, but even Mickey and Minnie look surprised! :rotfl:

Congrats on the engagement! Looking forward to reading your plans! :surfweb:

awesome e-story! How great that it was all caught on film too!
Welcome, cant wait to read more:cool1:

Thanks! It is so exciting especially now that I picked the date. COngratulations to you also! It is so exciting how you lost touch with each other and then met up again! I love that you just went up to him and kissed him...you sound like me ballsy!! haha The dress you choose is beautiful! I am still trying to finish your PJ-hard to do at work b/c I keep getting interrupted-but can't wait to finish!

How wonderful you finally started a PJ!!! Congratulations!!!!! The engagement is so sweet!!! I love that there were photog's there. Can't wait to read about all your plans.
thanks! congratulations to you to. so sweet that your DF approached you after what your previous bf did. i have started to read your PJ-so hard to read everyones at work with all the interruptions-but like to see how everyone met and got proposed to. i can't wait to really start planning!

thanks! minnie was literally shaking! it was so cute. i can't wait to start planning! i have 2 groups of girlfriends and i am also the last one out of my one group to get married. now i understand all the stress they were under! lol. congratulations to you! love the picture of him on your back! too cute.

Lol aw thanks I will deffintly be following along with yours

the chocolate slipper was deliscous I am really hoping we can serve it for our desert at the reception

yay for another Disney bride!!

that was a lovely engagement story!! sooo cute! the photos are great :flower3:

looking forward to hearing allllll your plans!!

Hi! Im from brooklyn too!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an adorable proposal and thats so wonderful you have those pictures!

I know, they totally look surprised and wayyyyy happier then they normally are lol!

Hi! Im from brooklyn too!!!!!!!!!!!!
What an adorable proposal and thats so wonderful you have those pictures!
Thanks! Where in Bklyn are u? i am in dyker heights. i am originally from rockland county but have tons of family who live here. r u getting married in bklyn?

Ah, what a beautiful engagement story!!! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your planning!

It has been hell on wheels these past 2 weeks. :sad1: My mother is the biggest pain in the butt. :eek: She started a holy war about me having my wedding in disney. It finally got some what cleared up (although her and DF are not on the best of terms at the moment which SUCKS) but still i was hurt. I understand people think it is an inconveince but I am making it as easy as possible (even paying for my 90 year old grandparents to get there from Boca) but it was not good enough for her. Instead of bridezilla we have motherofthebridezilla! :crazy2: Hell we are paying for our entire wedding also so why would she think she has a say. She was *****ing about everything, money, inconvenience, even if it snowed and flights got delayed. She was upset her best friend is not invited. This is MY wedding i told her and that I will do what I want to do. If people can come then great if not what can I do. She is soo worried about my grandparents getting around. My grandpa is 91 and has trouble walking and I told her there are wheelchairs and even if they get there Saturday afternoon and leave monday morning it is really just part of saturday that they will be in the park. SUnday is my wedding and Monday they leave. Well it seems she finally is coming to her senses (although DF thinks it is the calm before another storm) and we are dress shopping tomorrow. Sorry needed to vent. This is why I am not taking money from my mother because if I did it would have to be her way and I could never deal with that. At least I get to try on pretty dresses tomorrow-hopefully she doesn't start drama with that also. I can't post any dresses on here as my DF is on here all the time also. SOrry girls

Ugh! sorry to hear about your momma drama. :hug: Just remember that it's YOUR wedding so do what you want regardless of what she tries to tell you.

Thanks! Where in Bklyn are u? i am in dyker heights. i am originally from rockland county but have tons of family who live here. r u getting married in bklyn?

No way! We're in Dyker Heights too! How crazy is that? We're the "Charlie Brown House" at CHristmas... not sure if you check out the lights, but were around the corner from Scrooge... What a small world!!

We're getting married at St.Ephrems, and then reception at Garguillo's! Taking pictures in COney Island before they tear down the boardwalkhopefully!

It has been hell on wheels these past 2 weeks. :sad1: My mother is the biggest pain in the butt. :eek: She started a holy war about me having my wedding in disney. It finally got some what cleared up (although her and DF are not on the best of terms at the moment which SUCKS) but still i was hurt. I understand people think it is an inconveince but I am making it as easy as possible (even paying for my 90 year old grandparents to get there from Boca) but it was not good enough for her. Instead of bridezilla we have motherofthebridezilla! :crazy2: Hell we are paying for our entire wedding also so why would she think she has a say. She was *****ing about everything, money, inconvenience, even if it snowed and flights got delayed. She was upset her best friend is not invited. This is MY wedding i told her and that I will do what I want to do. If people can come then great if not what can I do. She is soo worried about my grandparents getting around. My grandpa is 91 and has trouble walking and I told her there are wheelchairs and even if they get there Saturday afternoon and leave monday morning it is really just part of saturday that they will be in the park. SUnday is my wedding and Monday they leave. Well it seems she finally is coming to her senses (although DF thinks it is the calm before another storm) and we are dress shopping tomorrow. Sorry needed to vent. This is why I am not taking money from my mother because if I did it would have to be her way and I could never deal with that. At least I get to try on pretty dresses tomorrow-hopefully she doesn't start drama with that also. I can't post any dresses on here as my DF is on here all the time also. SOrry girls

This is how it all started with us, and why we will be having a VR instead of disney wedding in two years:headache: :headache: Makes me angry but, sometimes its better to avoid family... in this case it was vin's side not mine and we recently renovated the house into a two family so... living witht hem may have been a problem...

Sorry about that though hun. Stick to your gun and get what you want!! You're paying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter