• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Steph and Tom's PJ!1/3/10-WP/WHR/AAP/ITALY-We won Best Love Story! Thanks for voting.

so i come home from a HELLISH week at work to see that we got our signed contract and APs!!!!:cool1: so excited. we will start them in june for our PS and then be able to use them in Jan. for our wedding! so excited that at least we get use out of them twice :banana: we also got our first gift off our registry yesterday from my mom and stepdad's friends. they got us 2 of our place settings! so excited and i have a feeling my girlies will get me the rest for my shower b/c that is how we roll! :lmao: we have also gotten money from all of tom's family and some of mine but it is also nice to get a tangible gift. i did see this on macy's registry and i totally had to register for it!
mickey.jpg
i hope someone gets that for us...on another note, my nerves are starting up though. :scared: i am so scared that things will go wrong especially since everyone is coming from NY basically. i think i will feel better once i sit down with ken and do the PS. i just want everything to go off without a hitch and with my family that does not always happen....guess i will wait and see

well our invitations came. not what i expected them to really be. we ordered them online-they are disney ones with mickey and minnie hugging and folded into fourths. what can you do. as tom said-who cares about invitations-we needed to cut some where and at least we can cut there since most people just throw the invitations away. of course being a girl, i care but too late now. so they are going out in 3 weeks or so. i am going to start the labels next week and then get stamps and sent them out. we are sending it a little early so we can get a better idea of who is really going to come and who is not. other than that just been working my a-s-s off as we have tons of stuff due to the court. at least it keeps me busy and pays for this wedding.

LOVE the shoes, esp the first ones. I am a huge sling back lover!!The colors of the flowers are just beautful!!

well our invitations came. not what i expected them to really be. we ordered them online-they are disney ones with mickey and minnie hugging and folded into fourths. what can you do. as tom said-who cares about invitations-we needed to cut some where and at least we can cut there since most people just throw the invitations away. of course being a girl, i care but too late now. so they are going out in 3 weeks or so. i am going to start the labels next week and then get stamps and sent them out. we are sending it a little early so we can get a better idea of who is really going to come and who is not. other than that just been working my a-s-s off as we have tons of stuff due to the court. at least it keeps me busy and pays for this wedding.

I agree! We did semi- diys... and they costed nothing really. And then to find out even with the hard work some people threw them out, who cares!!!

I agree! We did semi- diys... and they costed nothing really. And then to find out even with the hard work some people threw them out, who cares!!!
thanks jenny! most people do throw them out. i know i have not saved any of the wedding invites i have received-not even my sister's or my GFs. i just wanted them to look a certain way and they don't. again we spent like nothing on them and i have to look at it that the money we saved we can get characters or have the photographer longer or something.

thanks jenny! most people do throw them out. i know i have not saved any of the wedding invites i have received-not even my sister's or my GFs. i just wanted them to look a certain way and they don't. again we spent like nothing on them and i have to look at it that the money we saved we can get characters or have the photographer longer or something.

Exactly! We got a videographer for the church with ours!

The pocketfolds were given to me by a friend who didnt want them
and the invites with the seashell were bought with a gift card!:rotfl:

Now I'm waiting for the shoes to be done (YAY) from Sposabella next thursday(I hope) and my fitting Wednesday!

Have you tried that new japanese place yet? Vin is taking me there tonight as a belated teachers appreciation, and i saw they had gift cards on restuarant.com (Awesome site.... you can get a 25.00 gift card for 3.00 some times) I guess its worth the try?

I wanted to tell you, I went to that new chinese salon (green tea salon on 7th ave) and i was allergic to their wax:rotfl::rotfl: I felt sooo silly i had dime sized hives all over:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and i thought to myself, I bet today isthe day I run into steff:laughing:

Sorry so much chatting. I am bored. The kids are taking yet another tests. I sware I wish I never had to give them a test again. :banana:

Exactly! We got a videographer for the church with ours!

The pocketfolds were given to me by a friend who didnt want them
and the invites with the seashell were bought with a gift card!:rotfl:

Now I'm waiting for the shoes to be done (YAY) from Sposabella next thursday(I hope) and my fitting Wednesday!

Have you tried that new japanese place yet? Vin is taking me there tonight as a belated teachers appreciation, and i saw they had gift cards on restuarant.com (Awesome site.... you can get a 25.00 gift card for 3.00 some times) I guess its worth the try?

I wanted to tell you, I went to that new chinese salon (green tea salon on 7th ave) and i was allergic to their wax:rotfl::rotfl: I felt sooo silly i had dime sized hives all over:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: and i thought to myself, I bet today isthe day I run into steff:laughing:

Sorry so much chatting. I am bored. The kids are taking yet another tests. I sware I wish I never had to give them a test again. :banana:
you are too funny! i don't mind you chatting. i can't beleive i never run into you. where is the japanese place? tom is not a big fan and he does not eat sushi-i only eat certain things myself-but i like terraki and tempura also. :) it is nice for change sometimes. i will not be going to green tea salon then! :lol: that is the worse. i usually get my waxing done by my nail salon on 13th. she does a pretty good job. for bikini i go to shobha in the city-they use sugar wax, don't double dip and are very clean.

you are too funny! i don't mind you chatting. i can't beleive i never run into you. where is the japanese place? tom is not a big fan and he does not eat sushi-i only eat certain things myself-but i like terraki and tempura also. :) it is nice for change sometimes. i will not be going to green tea salon then! :lol: that is the worse. i usually get my waxing done by my nail salon on 13th. she does a pretty good job. for bikini i go to shobha in the city-they use sugar wax, don't double dip and are very clean.
so do you actually have your own computer in your classroom you can use while the kids take tests? that is cool-when i was in school (high school) we had one room with computers and this was before the internet so it was the old school apples-you prob. don't remember as you are younger then me. i am an old lady!!! hahaha:lmao: before HS we had one computer in the whole school-the internet did not become big until about 2 years after i graduated HS in 1997.

Ive heard of them. Do they do brazillians? I have very sensitive skin and so literally HAVE to wax because shaving... my legs look like I tore them against tree bark...

I was going to a place a while back but they closed down(for braz) and then I went to another place and I walked out of there crying. I had never had a painful wax before that. I sware it was terrible. That place has since closed down as well...

Im not a big eating out anything fan:rotfl: We went to chadwicks two weeks ago and vin had a piece of strainer in his food!!!! We didnt say anything because I teach the owners daughter:confused3
Im not sure what kind of food they have, let me find the site

Ive heard of them. Do they do brazillians? I have very sensitive skin and so literally HAVE to wax because shaving... my legs look like I tore them against tree bark...

I was going to a place a while back but they closed down(for braz) and then I went to another place and I walked out of there crying. I had never had a painful wax before that. I sware it was terrible. That place has since closed down as well...

Im not a big eating out anything fan:rotfl: We went to chadwicks two weeks ago and vin had a piece of strainer in his food!!!! We didnt say anything because I teach the owners daughter:confused3
Im not sure what kind of food they have, let me find the site
ew!!! that is so nasty! poor vin! i understand though it is one of those epsides where you have to be careful waht you say. that still SUCKS though!

yes-their brazillians are good (as good as it can be-haha). it is the only place i go for that-they are quick and use the sugar wax which is not as painful as regular wax-the closest one to us is in soho-take the R to prince street-address is 594 broadway (between prince & houston) suite 403. all my city friends go there. i HIGHLY recommend them.

oh nooo dont talk about brazillians! (i had my first before i went to disney in march and it was my first waxing ever! - i had a brazillian / hollywood and well, as you girls know- the pain is just craziness. Then - i had my legs done straight after and that killed me! Leg waxes sting like hell!) I didnt even scream - i just laughed the whole way through it - painfull laughing or nervous laughing! hah

it makes me want to cry when i hear the word 'waxing'!! haha!! im such a wuss!

looks ok to me-DEf not tom's type place-he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy! lol i just started to get into sushi a little bit more but very picky with what i eat. i don't eat any raw sushi-only cooked rolls like shrimp tempora roll. hehe

Yeah, Im not sure what on earth to get. I am thinking the vegetable tempura and thats it lol... We usually do greek but vins been trying to go outside the box!! lol... The best burger in the world is from Spartan Soulvaki... Its amazing and you can get anything on it!!! Tell tom to go try it! lol

Im a bit nervous. I havnt gone for a brazillian in quite a while now and I am so fearful of the pain like last time. IT was so mortifying... I was actually crying and bruised and it was just horrible...
Maybe I can get someone to head down with me. Not sure about taking a hot train afterwards though lol

oh i felt like crying- but for some strange reason all i was doing was a nervous laugh- the whole way through! haha!

my legs got brusied! they were red rawwwwww! eek! but- still it was great because i never had to shave for the whole 3 weeks we was away!

The stupid woman in the shop said to me 'no pain, no gain darling!' in a jokey voice and said the first time is the worse, and if you have it done regulary then roots become weak therefor it doesnt hurt as much?

i have never had a bad experience at shobha-they are really good and use all this soothing stuff afterwards. i mean i get a little red after but by time i am home is is usually not too bad. :thumbsup2 another thing that helps-2 tylenol or advil about an hour or so before! ;) i went to this place on 13th in brooklyn the first time and it was seriously the worst experience ever-i wanted to die!!! :scared: then my friend told me about shobha adn that is the only place. i have not gone in a while b/c trying to save money-its $60 a pop-but will start going again right before my wedding. it is worth the money though, since they are fast, nice and clean.

stacey-i was telling jenny you have to try a place that uses sugar wax-it is so much less pain. they have to have one in england i would think??? :confused3

ITs the truth. I used to get it done once every 6 months. It grows back less and less now I have hardly anything.... I could prob ably shave if I wanted but who doesnt want to not shave for weeks on end?
I am going to go the monday before the wedding... I think I have to get someone to go with me. Oh no... we just hijacked steffs pj!!!

SOrry steff!

Can I ask a strange question.. did they have you take off all your bottom clothes? Because the last place I went to, made me leave on my thong, and just pulled it up as they were waxing... and I was sooo disgusted and then... the undies got stuck from the wax!!! They didnt even say heres a gown or something... it was sooo strange...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter