Steak dinner.......Yachtsman or Le Cellier?

butsy113

AKV Owner
DH wants a good steak one night. We've never been to Yachtsman and he's never been to LC. Where should we go?

We will be staying BCV so both are easy to get to.

Between the two of them there is no question that YSH is the better meal. That goes for service, food and atmosphere.

I love lecelliers creme brulee though....no clue on the spelling! In my opinion, its the best! I don't know about the yachtsman though...:confused3

Never been to either and wondering about the 'Disney feel' of both? I've been by Yachtsman (since we stay at BC), and walked by Le Cellier, too, but it's hard to tell.

To us it's more than food because, like most, we can get a good steak with good 'steakhouse' atmosphere right here at home. Feel the the whole trip to Disney World is not just about the best food but the most enjoyable, 'magical' time (relatively speaking...I know we're talking about a steakhouse), so wondering what your experiences are with that in mind?

Thanks in advance!
:goodvibes

Having been to both, Yachtsman was amazing and Le Cellier was just ok. I'm glad I tried Le Cellier, but I am in no hurry to go back. Yachtsman, on the other hand, is one place I can't wait to go back to :thumbsup2.

Another vote for Yachtsman. We do both each trip but do lunch at LeCelier. Same stuff just a bit cheaper.

You can walk 2 minutes further and go to Shula's for the best steak on property. LC is OK. YSH is good. And Shula's is a cut above that.

YSH is the clear winner for best steak..... Though I like the risotto at LC.

Each have unique dessert options that are awesome.

Kids prefer YSH.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I was leaning towards YS so we will probable go there. Also good to know that the kids will like YS too.

IMHO YS has been more consistant. Our first time at LeC was way back when they still served lobster tail as an add on. It came out undercooked, DH should know he was a cook for many years here in New England. Sent it back and was still undercooked. The next time a few years later everything was great. And then again another couple bad experiances. Steak coming out either overcooked or undercooked. Sides cold. While we have had great meals it is hit or miss! YS everytime it has been great. I do miss the roast chicken they used to serve :rotfl2: I know it is a steakhouse! Went for our 25th 4 year ago and every year since. This Nov we will be back. Try to get a table by the windows!

If your not on the dining plan take him to Shula's at the Dolphin, IMO the best steaks hands down in WDW:thumbsup2

Last time we were at Shulas about 5 yrs ago, everyone complained their steaks were too salty. We had filets and sirloins. I am a big salt eater and even I thought it was salty. Great cuts and tender as can be but...

If your not on the dining plan take him to Shula's at the Dolphin, IMO the best steaks hands down in WDW:thumbsup2

I would agree with this 100%. :thumbsup2

And to the OP, if you are on the dining plan I would go with Yachtsman over Le Cellier any day of the week. ;)

Having dined at both YS and LC i would also suggest YS. My family fond LC to be rushed, crowded and really impersonal. Kind of like cattle in...........cattle out. The food was just okay. YS was the opposite with impeccable service, very comfortable atmosphere, and excellent food.

I would go for Yachtsman. The only time I had a bad experience there was when they placed the froth on the steak and the steak was raw, not rare, which I did not order anyway, I ordered medium, it came out raw & I asked for no froth. The chef came out with a new order for me, very apologetic and it was delicious. He was sincere and came out again to check again if it was good & I felt really bad. He looked so sad. I could tell he genuinely cared about that steak not being cooked properly. No biggee.

Yachtsman. We were at LC in Sept and it was the single worst experience I have ever had at any Disney location. From the snarky off duty servers at the table next to us, to the staff that came by to chat with them and complain about the guests seated in their area, to the horrid food that my waitress didn't seem to care if I ate or not..and then the outrageous bill. TERRIBLE. I now call it Le Suck. I was SO disappointed.

We will be using TiW. We normally don't eat out a lot, so when we are on vacation I'm not too concerned with price, if we're getting a good experience with good food! Now I'm hungry just thinking about it :lmao:

Definitely Shula's! If you're on a dining plan it may be worth paying OOP and using your credits on other meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter