• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying @ Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort? Start here!

I know at Disney they sometimes send out PIN codes for room discounts. Does Universal do a similar thing with discounts for the on site hotels? I know that they give discounts for AAA members but is there any other discounts I can look into. Want to stay at HRH in October.

Thanks,
Tina

I know at Disney they sometimes send out PIN codes for room discounts. Does Universal do a similar thing with discounts for the on site hotels? I know that they give discounts for AAA members but is there any other discounts I can look into. Want to stay at HRH in October.

Thanks,
Tina

Occasionally they do. Make sure you are signed up on their website for anything you can find.

Thanks,
Tina

universal has promos for the general population.
you don't have to be a member of anything to get those discounted rates.

stay more, save more is offered for october last time i looked.
that is what i booked

go to the hotel site from the UO website.
that is where you will find information on special rates and dates.

you can also use the Loews website for rates.

It may be a matter of opinion, but I am having trouble deciding between the 3 Universal hotels. I am coming with 2 teenagers and love the idea of bypassing the lines with the room key. I stay at the Grand floridian at Disney -

Also looking for any tips on a better rate! Thanks!

Seems like I am the only one who posts here now. ;)

Anyway, I wanted to get off my chest something that happened at RPR.

I phoned initially Star Service to see if they could arrange a pickup time for me from Mears to take me to MCO. They said I had to do it myself, as it was a prepaid booking.

Ok, fair enough.

But I did not have any numbers for Mears, so I phoned up Guest Services (i think) and they were a little brutal in simply redirecting my call to the RPR transportation people.

These people (I forget the name of their dept) gave me a phone number that was COMPLETELY wrong, it was for a different cab company.

I phoned them up again a few mins later to ask the same question, and I was rudely told "listen sir I have just given you the number!". :rolleyes: I then explained that it was the wrong number, and was then told "well thats the only number we have for Mears". :mad:

What a load of crock. I found them to be rude, and not very knowledgeable. I didn't find it to be good customer service at all, and everybody I spoke to that morning was rude and uninterested in helping me. :sad2:

This is not a problem with Mears, they are a great taxi service, with very courteous drivers. BUT I hope other people have a better experience trying to obtain phone numbers from Loews staff than I did. It was a horrible way to end my stay in Orlando to be honest.

since you had internet access with you during your vacation, couldn't you have looked up the number for Mears?

It may be a matter of opinion, but I am having trouble deciding between the 3 Universal hotels. I am coming with 2 teenagers and love the idea of bypassing the lines with the room key. I stay at the Grand floridian at Disney -

Also looking for any tips on a better rate! Thanks!

the grand floridian is a lovely hotel.
think you will enjoy the portofina bay hotel at universal when you move to the UO resorts.

have you had a chance to look up information about the pbh yet?

http://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews_Portofino_Bay_Hotel/loews_portofino_bay.aspx

use the menu on the left when you open that website for pbh.
it will give you a lot of information of what if offers.

if you want more info about the rph or hrh, here are their links from the UO website.

royal pacific hotel
http://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews_Royal_Pacific_Resort/loews_royal_pacific_resort.aspx

hard rock hotel
http://www.universalorlando.com/Tic...ss.aspx?ComponentId=6248&SourcePageId=21296#7
http://www.universalorlando.com/Tic...l.html&expID=13-5748&contentID=13-21112&seq=1

if you are going this year, the stay more, save more promo is available to the general public.
it is one of the better deals on rates.

AAA also allows discounts on rooms for the hotels.

it is best to book tickets, room, etc separately.
much cheaper in the long run.

Have I read somewhere you can ask for Housekeeping to do your room in the mornings or have I imagined that?

With the time difference we tend to be up really early, and especially the first few days like a rest in the afternoon.

So if Housekeeping could come in the morning it would be ideal for us.

Anyone know if this is ok to ask. Thank you :)

Have I read somewhere you can ask for Housekeeping to do your room in the mornings or have I imagined that?

With the time difference we tend to be up really early, and especially the first few days like a rest in the afternoon.

So if Housekeeping could come in the morning it would be ideal for us.

Anyone know if this is ok to ask. Thank you :)

each year i request a certain time period.
i was told that would be fine.
it has always been done in the time frame that works for me.

the only thing i can think of that wouldn't make it possible is if the hotel was at 99% occupancy and they couldn't back track from one end of the hall to another.

each year i request a certain time period.
i was told that would be fine.
it has always been done in the time frame that works for me.

the only thing i can think of that wouldn't make it possible is if the hotel was at 99% occupancy and they couldn't back track from one end of the hall to another.

Oh that`s really good to know.

We will ask at check-in for AM Housekeeping if possible.

I haven't been able to dig up this information, can you ship a box ahead of time to HRH like you can to Disney hotels?

Thanks!

So I am coming down for our first PBH stay. We usually do Disney, and have not done US in several years. I do know we can use our room key to charge meals (which is awesome as I paid in full at booking and have since got a APH rate-so resort credit :banana:). Is there a list somewhere of quick service/fast food spots at the hotels/parks/CityWalk that do or do not accept credit cards/hotel charging?

Thanks in advance for any and all info!

Does anyone know what is the earliest time you can stop by the front desk on your check in day to receive your room key? I remember going a few years ago and i arrived around 9 A.M. and while my room wasn't ready yet, I was still able to get a room key to use in the parks for that day. I will be arriving earlier this time...around 7 A.M. to be exact. I am wondering if they will issue me a room key that early so I can use it for the fast pass

i know you can check in at 6 am as i have done that before.

why don't you call the day before you are going to do an early check in so the documents can be ready for you when you arrive.

i answered differently on this question than i did on the other same post you had in another thread.

that's because i remembered i called prior to make sure someone could have my info all set up when i arrived.

the front desk always has someone available for you to check in.

there are many guests that check in way after midnight.

anyone know how late the pool at royal pacific is open until? Also, do they have a poolside bar? I am having trouble finding these little pieces of information from their website. you guys are helping out so much!!

anyone know how late the pool at royal pacific is open until? Also, do they have a poolside bar? I am having trouble finding these little pieces of information from their website. you guys are helping out so much!!

The pool is normally open until 11:00pm. Yes, there is a pool side bar and grill, Bula Bar and Grill.:thumbsup2

I'm planning to visit in Dec 2012. Does anyone know when I will be able to book??:confused3 USO has a 4 night promotion going on now for stays till Dec 2012. But I cannot seem to book that far out. Hmmph.

I'm planning to visit in Dec 2012. Does anyone know when I will be able to book??:confused3 USO has a 4 night promotion going on now for stays till Dec 2012. But I cannot seem to book that far out. Hmmph.

If you can't book online, you can try giving them a call.

I would call them, but I don't reside in the States. So, the long distance phone charges would be really, really high. I'll just have to wait till Universal opens their booking dates for Dec 2012. Sigh...:confused3 Hopefully, it won't be too long a wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter