Staying @ Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Resort, or Royal Pacific Resort? Start here!

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels' started by AlexandNessa, Mar 23, 2007.

1. CoachBagFanatic

CoachBagFanatic My two Shiba babies :-)

Does anyone know if the Deluxe Rooms or the Kids Suite at the HRH include Club Level? If not, can we request it when we arrive at the hotel? TIA:flower3:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. damo

damo Proud Redhead

We've been there in Feb and the pool didn't close until around 10 o'clock.

4. damo

damo Proud Redhead

On club level there are four deluxe rooms. However, you cannot book them, you can only request them. I would call a few days in advance and request one. I don't think there are any kids suites on club level.

5. CoachBagFanatic

CoachBagFanatic My two Shiba babies :-)

Thanks damo. We are leaning towards the kids suite especially with two teenage boys. Just trying to figure out all of the options. We have visited the HRH many times for dinner but have never really explored. Is there a place to grab a quick breakfast? We have eaten at the Kitchen many times for dinner:cloud9: but never breakfast. We are definitely going to do breakfast there next year. When we were there in March, I was almost positive I saw a "Starbucks" sign.:banana: :worship:

6. EVIE-in-NC

EVIE-in-NC Next Visit to US/RPH May 2010!

I will be at the Royal Pacific in May. I got the "stay more, save more" rate because I booked Jan 1st (only $186/night). I am also pleased that I purchased my park tickets at $99 each for 7-day 2-park hopper pass, right before they increated the rate! WooHoo!

Questions:
    (1) Is there a shuttle from the Airport to the Universal Hotel resorts?
    (2) Do they offer the Baggage Check like at Disney? That is an awesome perk. But if they don't do (1), then I guess they wouldn't do (2).

Thanks for all the great comments.

7. disneyfan61

disneyfan61 DIS Veteran

Did anyone post pics of there stays here? I am planning a trip for next year & trying to decide between HRH & RPR.

8. mom2mykids

mom2mykids Wishin' I was at Disney!

What car service do you use? Looking to find a way 2 and from RPR in August. Thinking we may want to do a grocery stop, nothing major just snacks, drinks, breakfast items

9. go2grl

go2grl Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they allow small coolers in RPR? I just want to have snack foods on hand in the evening if we want and also cold water. I'm not sure if I read it on here, but someone said there weren't refrigerators in the rooms, but for a nightly rate you could get one, price? Also, do they have mini-bars in the rooms and has anyone just used that to keep their stuff chilled?

Thanks for any information!

10. SharkyGoddess

SharkyGoddess Happier than a shark at a sushi bar.

They charge $25/n for the fridge and I know I have seen someone talk about using the wet bar for their things, but honestly cannot remember what they said exactly.

11. tricky1

tricky1 DIS Veteran

Yes you can bring your own cooler, We do it every time we stay.

FYI, we bring a 48 quart cooler with no problems.

12. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

We do the samething.Looks like we are going fishing walking thru the lobby!!!!:lmao:

13. tricky1

tricky1 DIS Veteran

I know!!, If there was only a way to make a keg look like a
    piece of luggage........hmmmmm.

14. donaldduck352

donaldduck352 <font color=red><marquee>Proud Redhead</marquee><b

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

15. patster734

patster734 DIS Veteran

We fly into MCO and then use a town car service that offers a grocery stop on the way to the hotel. Initially, we'd buy a styrofoam cooler at the store when purchasing our grocery items. Now we have fold-up cooler with a plastic liner that we can pack into our luggage, and use when we purchase our groceries.

16. seetheworld

seetheworld DIS Veteran

Thank you for all of the great info!!!!!! :thumbsup2

17. cpl100

cpl100 DIS Veteran

It's been so many years between visits that I forget everything. I just booked my room at the RPR for 1/4. I see others mentioning AAA rates but I didn't see such an option when I made the online reservation. Is there a trick to getting it? I am a member. Thanks.

18. Pikester

Pikester DIS Veteran

I believe that you have to call them and ask what the AAA rate is.

19. jsjohnso

jsjohnso Earning My Ears

Signed up for Loews First (now called YouFirst) then found out that stays at HRH Universal Orlando are excluded from receiving benefits. Maybe someone should change the webpage info.

20. macraven

macraven <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><marquee><font co

it is listed on the loews site.
    hrh is excluded in the you first program.

21. lizzytizzy

lizzytizzy Mouseketeer

I am planning to go to Universal in June and plan to go to Royal Pacific and was reading on this board that you get FOTL privileges to any ride that has Express privileges. Does anybody know which rides don't have that? Does Forbidden Journey, Spiderman ride have it?

Thanks!:dance3: