Staying Club Level PBH- Any Tips?

We are staying at Royal pacific with 3 teenage boys. Actually checking out the day you check in. I'm taking a blow up air mattress to use. I believe you can get a rollaway but they charge you for it. Might be $25 a night. This is our first trip to universal and I also looked at cabana bay. But with it being July, we need the express passes, so royal pacific it is.

We have stayed club at PBH 3 times. We have never been charged for a rollaway. We have never been close to the lounge but it has not been a problem. The rooms are pretty big for 5. We usually like to have 2 rooms but at Universal we squeeze into 1. We love the resort. Have fun!! We love RPR as well.

I have a room on hold with a stellar FL resident pin code. Im trying to decide before tomorrow to book our room Club Level Portofino or save just a little and get another stellar rate at a Deluxe Room at the Hard Rock. I've never stayed club level here, and trying to decide if its worth it. Where is the lounge located? Do you have to activate the elevator switch with your room key (i've always wanted to do that lol)

I have a room on hold with a stellar FL resident pin code. Im trying to decide before tomorrow to book our room Club Level Portofino or save just a little and get another stellar rate at a Deluxe Room at the Hard Rock. I've never stayed club level here, and trying to decide if its worth it. Where is the lounge located? Do you have to activate the elevator switch with your room key (i've always wanted to do that lol)
At PBH the lounge is 3rd floor /lobby level down the hall from the front desk.Your room can be anywhere in the resort but generally is in the Villas wing of the resort.It is NOT its own floor and you do not use a key to activate any elevators. It is a large club lounge and we enjoy our time there very much.But it is not on its own exclusive floor and can be a hike from some of the rooms

If I wanted a room close to the club and close to the pools in what location should I request a room? Is the Villa wing close to both? Thanks!

99% of the time you will be in the villa wing if you book club. Club rooms are deluxe rooms and those are located in the villa wing. If you book a standard room and want to add club at check in then at that point you could be placed anywhere in the resort.

The villa wing is close to the viola pool and beach pool. As for distance to the club lounge it is not bad from anywhere in the villa wing. Also distance is subject to each persons perception.

If you are worried about distance and want a dedicated floor you should stay at RPR but don't let that change your mind.

Some people know on the boards that we are at PBH or RPR at least once to twice a month and very knowledgable about both resorts.

Thank you! I think I've narrowed my room request. We do have a deluxe room so I will request patio near beach pool. Thanks!!

Room type says - "club 2 queen room". But I recall when booking the room that it said it would be a deluxe - 490 sq ft room.

As far as 5 in a room, that's what we always do. (We have only ever stayed at RPR though so smaller than what you're planning). We used to be able to put the three smallest in a bed, but now that the 12 year old is bigger than me and the youngest won't stop getting older too, we bring a camping airmattress to put on the floor. My eldest is pretty picky about beds - he doesn't think most pull-out beds and cots are comfortable. We've found the camping mattress to work best. (It's one of the thin twin ones, so easy to pack). Also, it's really easy to put away in the morning to give us our space back during the day.

Sometimes the deluxe room has a small pull out couch. You could have your 5 year old sleep on the pull out and then you won't need to worry about using the air mattress. Maybe ask about this option. We have gotten lucky and typically get the couch in the deluxe room which is great since our boys don't like to share a bed.

Good luck and enjoy. It is a beautiful resort.

Sometimes the deluxe room has a small pull out couch. You could have your 5 year old sleep on the pull out and then you won't need to worry about using the air mattress. Maybe ask about this option. We have gotten lucky and typically get the couch in the deluxe room which is great since our boys don't like to share a bed.

Good luck and enjoy. It is a beautiful resort.

Deluxe king rooms only have a pullout. The 2 queen has a small chair.

OK- sorry one more question. I called and requested a pool side patio room. They indicated it would be facing the villa pool. However, they said all club rooms are on floors 4/5, so to honor my request they had to move me to a Deluxe queen room and add the club benefits on. They said the walking distance to the club room shouldn't be any different as its the same wing. Would this concern any of you guys? Is there a benefit to being on the 4th or 5th floor club section that I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Then it will be deluxe, enjoy.

Hi Bluer! I appreciate the help. I was hoping you saw my question in post #34. Do you know if we will lose some type of benefit if we move out of the official "club" level and just have them book a queen deluxe w/ club added on? I read they do turn down service and stuff like that.... will we still get that? Wanted to make sure I'm not missing something as I'd likely have to call by today to change back if necessary.

I'm sorry I missed your post.

Normally when you book club they keep you as close as possible in a certain area. Now as for losing benefits you would not lose any. Just make sure turndown is on your stay when you check in. They close your blinds, leave a few bottles of water, a postcard, replace towels, arrange the pillows on the bed, turn certain lights on, and sometimes put the radio alarm clock on a nice station low volume.

So by you requesting a room by the villa pool that is why they just add it on, IMO not a big deal, but I would have just left it as club.

As a you first Platnium we get the turndown no mater what room we choose.

Twice we have had a 2 queen deluxe room with a pull out couch.

Wow, was it recently? I think if I remember it's like a really small pullout, a tad smaller than a twin.

The ones that are in the king are like a twin bed.

I'm sorry I missed your post.

Normally when you book club they keep you as close as possible in a certain area. Now as for losing benefits you would not lose any. Just make sure turndown is on your stay when you check in. They close your blinds, leave a few bottles of water, a postcard, replace towels, arrange the pillows on the bed, turn certain lights on, and sometimes put the radio alarm clock on a nice station low volume.

So by you requesting a room by the villa pool that is why they just add it on, IMO not a big deal, but I would have just left it as club.

As a you first Platnium we get the turndown no mater what room we choose.

OK Thanks! My DH wanted to try to get a patio if at all possible, we really like being able to sit outside our room. So I guess its worth it. Why would have have left it as club? To ensure location? Thanks!

OK Thanks! My DH wanted to try to get a patio if at all possible, we really like being able to sit outside our room. So I guess its worth it. Why would have have left it as club? To ensure location? Thanks!

Yes, you book club and that's their guideline. But if you want to have a special view or location and don't mind being a little further away, by all means book what makes you happy. IMHO, any room in any of the resorts are a good location and to us is not far away from the action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter