staying at the resort all day instead of going to the parks

Every single trip we do it at a minimum once. Depending on how long the trip is, we may do it another time or two as well. We might venture from the resort to go to a nice meal but that's about it. We pay a lot of money for our resorts so it's nice to actually get to use it. This includes all levels of resort from value to deluxe. We also have an autistic child who HAS to have breaks from the parks or else everybody (us and those around us) suffers the consequences so a break day every 3rd or 4th day is in everybody's best interest and means a much smoother and happier trip overall.

There's actually a lot to do at the resorts.
At Pop we like to take a stroll around the outside walkway and check out all the year signs and play twister when we're not swimming or just relaxing watching TV.
At AoA there was stuff going on all day. One of my girls enjoyed a drawing class while my other one enjoyed the pool games during the day. We also took some time to wander around the resort to take in all the amazing theming. Then there's the movies at night as well.
At POFQ we spent a lot of time by the pool but also enjoyed some lazy time just relaxing down by the river. We do tend to head over to POR when we stay at POFQ because that gives another pool option making for a different experience plus they have bikes and boat rentals over there.
At Poly we enjoy the pool games, lei making, hula lessons in addition to swimming plus the movies and marshmallow roasting in the evening before the fireworks. We also tend to book some kind of ADR at our resort for that day. Perfect day for a last 'Ohana or Kona breakfast seating. At Poly we tend to stay CL so we also borrow board games (there's one in particular that has become a favourite for DD12) and DVDs if we need a break from the weather and want to be indoors for a while.
At YC the pool's so big that there's plenty to do just moving from one area to another, including participating in the pool games plus the movies and marshmallow roasting in the evening. We also tend to book some kind of ADR at the resort for that day. Perfect day for a last Cape May breakfast seating.

We generally have 1 "down day" where we chill at the resort for a while in the morning, hit DTD, then have a nice dinner and lay around the rest of the evening.

We are planning one day just for our resort this year. We are staying at YC and I feel it's a waste of the resort if we do not plan one day just to enjoy the pool. SAB is jut to must to for us to pass up. Our kids are water bugs, and I think we just want to take it slow this time around. This is our 3rd trip as a family to disney. We know what attractions we like and what we are going to do. After we have plans to go the boardwalk for the night relax and watch illuminations from the beach
My first night at POR i will be staying at the resort to have dinner and mabey a carriage ride and then downtown disney. I will be in the world for seven days so i'm planing spending some time at the resort.

Absolutely. One day to chill out and relax by the pool. Have some drinks. Relax. Have more drinks. ;)

Unless someone is sick, we have to get up early and head to the parks or shopping everyday!:thumbsup2 The day we arrive, we check in at POP, get something to eat and head to MK first. We don't do commando style anymore but we are pretty close!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter