Staying at Poly with Points

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by blkhwks55, Dec 3, 2011.

1. blkhwks55

blkhwks55 Mouseketeer

I know it isn't the greatest way to use points for Poly, but was wondering if you are treated as a DVC Member or a regular guest? Meaning do you get fresh towels and room cleaned daily or is it the same schedule as a DVC unit? Do you get free internet access? Is anything else different?

Thanks,

Tony

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

You are treated the same as any other Poly guest. If they have the free wi-fi you would get it. No free wired internet.

4. blkhwks55

blkhwks55 Mouseketeer

So would the DDP be the same price as for DVC Members?

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I think so but not positive. The only price difference is during times designated as peak for the dining plan.

6. BUDDYBEAR

BUDDYBEAR DIS Veteran

same as reg guest :cool1:

7. taaren

taaren "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

When we have stayed at the DLH on points (part of the Disney Collection), they have included the self-parking/internet/any resort fees. We did not have to pay for those like being a cash guest.
    However, we still received daily mousekeeping and turn-down service, so its the best of both worlds just a ridiculous amount of points. Not bad if they're in a use-or-lose situation.

8. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

If you stay at the Polynesian, you will be like any other guest of the Polynesian. You'll get all their privileges. That also means, you won't have pool hopping privileges because that is a perk of a DVC stay on points at a DVC resort.

9. duckygirl

duckygirl Earning My Ears

Wow! I never knew that you had to be staying on points. I (a newbie) thought it was whenever. thanks you for clearing that up. :)