stay at disney resort and not do parks?

shpedly

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at a disney resort and not done the parks? It seems there is plenty to do with the pool and downtown disney. I really would like to go and relax. Our spring break is at the end of March, and I'm not sure I want to spend $200 to stand in lines for rides. I just want some warm weather and pool time. I really like the atmosphere of disney, or could I get a great experience and pool elsewhere cheaper?

My last trip I was there for only 4 full days and only went to the parks on 2 of the days. There is lots to do without going into the parks(although it was tough not to!).

We spent one morning playing mini-golf at Fantasia mini-golf, then spent some time at the pool, followed by a few hours at DTD.

The other day we spent the morning at our hotel BWV, then went over to the Poly to rent a water sprite. We also took the monorail around to see the Christmas decorations at GF and Contemporary.

There's lots to do staying at your resort - especially if you want to spend time hanging around the pool. We also like to walk so we did walk the lake around BWV/BCV.

It was a much more relaxing trip because we didn't play park commandos the whole trip. I will always plan at least a day or more to just hang around - My DH needs the time to recharge so I've learned what makes him happy, makes me happy!

We are going to Disney World for 2 days following our Disney cruise this summer. We're staying at the Polynesian in a lagoon view room and not planning on going to any of the parks. I'll have my "fix" by being able to see the castle from our balcony :) We will let the kids rent watermice, lounge at the volcano pool, walks the white sandy beaches at night, and probably go to Downtown Disney. We plan on dining at the Kona Cafe, O'Hana, and possibly have afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. While I'm sure that you could get a room cheaper somewhere else, I think relaxing at a Disney resort is a wonderful way to spend a few days :) Have fun!!

We have been traveling to DW for the last 30 years and for 18 of them we went every year. We have had a wonderful time and not put a foot in a park. Our favorite resort is the Polynesian and we have found many things to do while there. As our children got older they wanted to hang at the pool and eat a nice dinner and then go to the marketplace or something else that wasn't attraction oriented. We still will go back and go to the parks but there is so much to do and see in addition to the attractions that I can assure you you won't be at a loss for entertainment. I enjoy our relaxing trips more than the running ones but I guess I am showing my age.

i've often thought about spending a short vacation at the World and not entering the parks. the big parks that is. i couldn't go and not visit the adventurers club.

but we've never actually done that.

The last trip DH and I took alone was for 16 days (anniversary trip) We only had 5 day PHPs. We always allow plenty of non-park time. My brother-in-law is in Orlando often for conferences. They like to stay at the Contemporary. Most of the time they don't do the parks at all.

;) We have gone down for a short stay because of getting a great flight price and spent time everywhere but the parks.

There is so much to do! Relax and have a wonderful time!

Kathy

We did AKL for a long weekend without doing the parks..it was wonderful...just pool, balcony and relaxing. We never left the resort!

Sure!!! there is also the boardwalk, you can do a character meal at a resort to see characters or resort hop to eat at different places you normally wouldn't.

We are spending a four extra nights at WDW after our cruise in July. We have left over tickets from previous trips (2 park days, 1 water park day). We will have some time that will not be covered by these tickets to enjoy activities outside the parks.

I always thought I could go without stepping foot inside a park, but when it comes down to it, I don't know if I could. Once I see the castle or TOT.....it would be tough!!!!

What would be a harder decision I think would be if you could only go into ONE park!!! How would you ever decide?? I know it would be tough for me.

Karen

We have and I think many have. There are lots of things to do not only in the greater disney world area but Orlando too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter