Start at which park on Oct 6?

camouseketeer

DIS Veteran
We will be in the parks Oct 6, 7, 8. We are staying at the GCH and have hoppers. We are DLR vets but have not seen Carsland, and that is a priority.
I plan on using our EMH on Sunday and Monday in DCA for RSR and CL, but I am not sure what to do on Saturday.

Given that EMH are at DL on Saturday, October 6, should use our 7am entrance on that day for DL and forgo getting FP's for RSR when it opens? I don't want to head to DL at 6:30ish only to turn around and head to DCA at 7:30.

Perhaps we can use single rider for RSR for Saturday?

I know my family will be wanting to see Carsland as soon as possible in our trip, but I don't want to waste our one and only early entrance to DL.

Thoughts?

We will be in the parks Oct 6, 7, 8. We are staying at the GCH and have hoppers. We are DLR vets but have not seen Carsland, and that is a priority.
I plan on using our EMH on Sunday and Monday in DCA for RSR and CL, but I am not sure what to do on Saturday.

Given that EMH are at DL on Saturday, October 6, should use our 7am entrance on that day for DL and forgo getting FP's for RSR when it opens? I don't want to head to DL at 6:30ish only to turn around and head to DCA at 7:30.

I know my family will be wanting to see Carsland as soon as possible in our trip, but I don't want to waste our one and only early entrance to DLR.

Thoughts?

I always start our vacation out at DL, just tends to work out that way. Especially since you are staying at GCH, start Sunday at DCA! I wouldn't want to do single rider for our first ride, maybe later in the week. If you were going for 2 days only but you have more options since you are staying at GCH, have park hoppers and will be there 3 days. Take advantage of EMH! That is the perk for staying at GCH. Have a great trip!

I know my family will be wanting to see Carsland as soon as possible in our trip, but I don't want to waste our one and only early entrance to DL.

Thoughts?

I just got back and it really depends on how long you're willing to wait in lines. The FP for RSR seemed to run out by 10:00-10:30 am on Friday (9/28) and Saturday (9/29). We got ours at 9:30 am on both days, but for wildly different times (12:45 pm on Friday and 5:50 pm on Saturday). Saturday was really busy in both parks (much more than I expected).

They aren't completely accurate, but you might start watching the times on some of the wait times apps (like Mousewait or DL Waits) if you have a smart phone. That'll give you some idea what the single rider and regular rider times are like.

However, given that you have EMH access on both Sun and Mon, you should be able to ride RSR on both days. So perhaps Sat would be a good day to start at DLR. At least then, if it's as crowded as it was two days ago, you'll have a good chance to ride some of the DLR attracts (like HMH and SMGG).

I was there last weekend by myself and arrived late Saturday and did the fireworks and WOC. Then I got to DCA at 7:30am, it opened at 8am and stayed to the right where you line up and headed into the park at 8am and stayed to the right (like I read on here) and was on RSR at 8:12. So if I had a group I would do that first. Then I got in the single rider lane and did it again. Then I went and got a fast pass, there was no line to get one. I saved that so I could ride at night. Then I went and got WOC fast passes, I love that show. I wanted the 10:15pm show though so I could see the fireworks at 9:30. I had a little time before I had to leave on Monday morning and went on Peter Pan and got a dole float and mickey icecream bar for breakfast :-) and then left the park for the airport. Had a great time by myself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter