Stars--they're just like us!

We saw Dan Bucatinsky from Scandal at the Boardwalk pool last summer. No one else in my group knew who he was but I got so excited because I loved his character on the show!

I want to say, please give celebs their privacy if they are with family. don't pester them or ask for pictures during meals or if they are trying to be 'regular peeps'

Back in my 20s I dated a professional wrestler, and at first it was really cute when kids would recognize him at the mall or when we went out to dinner. I was dating him when he first got picked up for TV, and it was really awesome when he first got recognized when we went out! I was so excited for him! It quickly gets old. At first, it was adorable when the little guys would come up and be kinda scared/spooked/nervous but curious (in awe - he was a "bad guy character"... but he was really sweet to the kids!) of him but in a 'I'm a tough guy" kind of way.

When it became awkward and impossible was when we could not eat dinner without interruption from adults pestering him or asking him how he did the moves or behaving like morons..or when someone trashed my car because I was 'the bad guy's girlfriend'...but anyway...lol...just please, the celebs want family time and alone time and fun time just like everyone else.

Please don't ask me who I dated, it's not who I married...lol...and it's not the point, but I just want you to know they are really.. regular people underneath it all. :)

I want to say, please give celebs their privacy if they are with family. don't pester them or ask for pictures during meals or if they are trying to be 'regular peeps'

Back in my 20s I dated a professional wrestler, and at first it was really cute when kids would recognize him at the mall or when we went out to dinner. I was dating him when he first got picked up for TV, and it was really awesome when he first got recognized when we went out! I was so excited for him! It quickly gets old. At first, it was adorable when the little guys would come up and be kinda scared/spooked/nervous but curious (in awe - he was a "bad guy character"... but he was really sweet to the kids!) of him but in a 'I'm a tough guy" kind of way.

When it became awkward and impossible was when we could not eat dinner without interruption from adults pestering him or asking him how he did the moves or behaving like morons..or when someone trashed my car because I was 'the bad guy's girlfriend'...but anyway...lol...just please, the celebs want family time and alone time and fun time just like everyone else.

Please don't ask me who I dated, it's not who I married...lol...and it's not the point, but I just want you to know they are really.. regular people underneath it all. :)

but still when you're not expecting them, is still a major surprise!!!

Thanks for posting this! I love to spot a celebrity as much as the next (I've interviewed over 100 of them for charity - mostly those known in England). I have frequently seen them after the interviews and smile, let on - then I leave them to it. IF they want to speak to me, that's different (rare) In 99.9% of cases, they are just regular people doing an extraordinary job (the .1% think they are special ... sorry, they are not - often they are the most unpleasant ones ... I love me who do you love type!). Only THREE times have I interrupted a celebrity - one, she invited me to join her because, unknown to me, the little boy I was with was staring at her everywhere she went - she sent her friend over and said, 'Join us for a coffee - but please don't stare. It's rude, uncomfortable and she's just trying to have a day out shopping with her friend.' We went up and spoke - I kept it brief - because she had no way of knowing that only the day before, the little boy (not a family member of mine but the son of a friend of the family) had seen her at Granada Studios and was stunned! The other times - one guy was on a train ... I STILL ask myself what possessed me to speak to him. He was 'cool' with me to say the least (deservedly so, even though I was only telling him I missed his performances in the television show he had just been a part of ... now? I wouldn't know him if I fell over him!) The third time, I had no choice and it worked out well ... I noticed that the mother of the actor (who, I confess, I was a little in love with - most people who met him fell a little in love and I spent 3 uninterrupted hours with him the first time doing an interview!) had left something on a shop counter - then I saw her purse being stolen. I ran up and told him - he's a theatre actor (minor roles on TV) but he was really pleased that I DID interrupt him! Generally speaking, I try to leave them alone - as white rose said, they are just there to have a good time. My friend said she spotted a baseball player last time ... I didn't spot anyone but I don't think I'd have approached them if I did ... my boss used to work at Disneyland and has told me lots of tales of celebs being there. Maybe because i've interviewed so many people, it doesn't phase me any more ... Having said that, I won't lie - if I spotted a celebrity in Disney World I'd be as happy as a sand lark and yes, probably try to grab a sneaky picture ... So I'm not saying I wouldn't be excited, just that I won't approach unless it's a public appearance.

Well, I saw Joey Fatone last year at Cedar Point.

But if seeing a major celebrity as Disney is a filet mignon, my story is an overcooked hamburger.

We saw one of the guys from Jersey Shore (can't remember his name) two years ago at DHS and the next day at AK.

I don't even know who half of those "stars" are LOL

I (briefly) met Drew Brees in June of 2013. He and his family were also staying at Beach Club. I think there was some kind of NFL QB competion thing going on at the sports complex at that time. He and his family were in the same situation as us a few days prior: arrived late, tired and cranky kids, lots of luggage and just wanted to get to their rooms. It appeared that they had driven in from NOLA.

I said hello in the elevator and chatted very briefly about football in the elevator. I saw them a few times in the lobby over the next few days. They didn't have any kind of guide with them and I didn't see anybody bother them. Seemed like a very normal guy with a normal family.

We happened to run into David Hasselhoff while going from the hub to watch Fantasmic in Disneyland a few years ago. He was there with his daughter but didn't have a handler from what we could see. He was a nice guy who was just getting some family time in (we did see him decline a couple of autograph requests but he was pleasant with everyone).

Not Disney, but we were touring the US Capitol Building last week when Hillary Clinton walked through. No spotting was necessary though! Everyone was told to stay in place by the Capitol police as she passed with her entourage.

Back in '98 or '99 DH & I saw actors Susan Sullivan and Mitchell Ryan. (Dharma & Greg, Falcon Crest, Dark Shadows) They were at MK for the Christmas Parade taping. I saw Susan Sullivan again a few days later at DTD in the store that sold all the kitchen/gourmet food items. She was shopping just like me - but I bet she had a bigger budget! ;)

We saw Marty Sklar in the Grand Californian club lounge! We both enjoyed the afternoon scones. The CM's were very nervous and scurrying around for him when he asked for more scones. He sighed 'I just want more scones'. We didn't bug him but my ds told him he loved the scones too.

Uh, they dang well better get Marty Sklar his scones! I can imagine them being nervous, haha!

we've seen Emeril (the chef) and family in what was Toon Town, and Gloria Estafan and son ? with friends near the Tomorrowland Speedway last year, surrounded by security.

Back during the first High School Musical we were stopped as we were about to board our car for Tower of Terror at WDW. A group of young people were allowed to board and ride. As we exited the ride we aw them laughing goofily at their ride photo. Both of my then young daughters jaws dropped as it was the cast of HSM minus Zack and Vanessa. They were there for the opening of Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

I used to work at Walt disney World and I was working in World showcase on a Cultural Representative Program and with Candlelight processional I got to meet Neil Patrick Harris (he bought a Canada hat in honor of HIMYM), Geena Davis, Trace Adkins (He loved Off Kilter!), the guy who plays Lex Luthor on Smallville (he bought Pajamoose from me !)and as alover of big brother I got to meet Brendan and Rachel from BB and Amazing Race. Neil Patrick Harris got us all the most giddy though! On my day off I also ran into him at Hollywood Studios we kept ending up at the same rides he must of thought I was stocking him, but in reality I just really wanted to ride Star tours
Hi there! I'm going to be doing the CRP for the UK starting in May 2016 and it's a long held ambition of mine to do the candlelight processional choir - how did you get involved?

Not sure if this counts since it was not at Disney World but I was on my way to Disney World. I was at Ohare Airport with a 4hour lay over waiting to go to Fort Lauderdale and then over to MCO (the longest it has ever taken me to get to Disney: Guess that is why my tickets were so cheep lol!!) While I was sitting eating lunch One of those shuttle cars was heading my way. You know the ones that take older people or people with a disability around the airport. Any way getting a ride to his terminal was Vince Vaughn. He apparently was heading to L.A. I did not ever react and continued to eat my lunch. They stopped right in front of me as he rushed off to catch his plane. Now I am kicking my self for not taking a picture. I was on my way to Disney for a businesses trip in October of 2014. I always wanted to write a trip report on my adventure and capturing that picture would have been a nice addition!! Unfortunitally it happened so fast I did not even think of taking a picture until He was well past me.

Saw Justin Bieber in the Beach Club lobby late one night. This was confirmed by a cast member.

It was when he was taping the Christmas parade.

My dh remarked how little and tiny he was and I noticed his nice leather jacket. He took off in a hurry though.

Saw Justin Bieber in the Beach Club lobby late one night. This was confirmed by a cast member.

It was when he was taping the Christmas parade.

My dh remarked how little and tiny he was and I noticed his nice leather jacket. He took off in a hurry though.
So that's where he and Selena stayed! We were staying at the Grand Floridian that weekend and a young female CM told me that she was told that he felt that he was too good to stay onsite and demanded a house (like Windermere as I don't know if Golden Oak had opened yet)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter