Star wars land is coming

Just remember nothing is for sure in the Disney parks until concrete is being poured plans can change at any time.

IMHO I think Disney could do much better than Star Wars and Avatar. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars, but they already have the ride, gift shop, and Star Wars Weekends. I think that's enough. As for Avatar...couldn't they do something a little more current? And I think the rage over Avatar died long ago.

After all if Disney can ruin...ahem redo Norway into a fantasyland place then anywhere is fair game. :)

I don't think it'll happen though. If I'm not mistaken Morocco still sponsors their pavilion, thank goodness.

Disney should be able to do with the Norway pavilion, anything that they want. Norway hasn't supported it for years. They don't deserve a spot.

jsgrand0 said:
IMHO I think Disney could do much better than Star Wars and Avatar. Don't get me wrong, I like Star Wars, but they already have the ride, gift shop, and Star Wars Weekends. I think that's enough. As for Avatar...couldn't they do something a little more current? And I think the rage over Avatar died long ago.

I have never seen Avatar so I am not a fan but it will be current Avatar 2 is coming out in 2016, Avatar 3 is scheduled for 2017, and Avatar 4 is scheduled for 2018. Whether or not they do as well as the first who knows.

Disney should be able to do with the Norway pavilion, anything that they want. Norway hasn't supported it for years. They don't deserve a spot.
Neither do any of them besides Morocco. Disney should just do away with the theme and call it Fantasyland Light. I've proposed that in the past.

Hopefully this also means that the Indy show and Backstage Tour will be biting the dust sooner rather than later...

I'd say that by next SWW there will be a major re-theming of a popular restaurant

GigiDisneyfreak said:
I have never seen Avatar so I am not a fan but it will be current Avatar 2 is coming out in 2016, Avatar 3 is scheduled for 2017, and Avatar 4 is scheduled for 2018. Whether or not they do as well as the first who knows.

I didn't know that. Oh well, wasn't a big fan.

And I am sad to see Indy show go! We loved that show! Also enjoyed backstage tour.

I'd really like them to do a huge overhaul and expansion along with Star Wars Land (which I think needs to be called Lucas Studios) to try and maintain some sense of identity for the park. I wish that they would do this as well as take current rides and attractions to divide the park into Hollywood Studios, Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, Disney Studios, and Lucas Studios. .

I also LOVE this idea! :thumbsup2

This is actually the sentence that got my attention:
“When we grow ‘Star Wars'' presence, which we will do significantly, you will see better bets being made that will pay off for us than were made in the past,” Iger said, according to Variety.

Is that Iger admitting that the "bet" on MDE/MM+/FP+ didn't pay off?

MDE/MM+/FP+
The half-hearted Fantasyland expansion
etc

Its an admission that Universal is doing things right and Disney isn't.

Neither do any of them besides Morocco. Disney should just do away with the theme and call it Fantasyland Light. I've proposed that in the past.

Tourism Canada paid for half the cost of the new Canadian film a few years back mainly because they got complaints about it and went to Disney and asked them about redoing it to bring it up to date. The big thing was the complaints were from Canadians

MDE/MM+/FP+
The half-hearted Fantasyland expansion
etc

Its an admission that Universal is doing things right and Disney isn't.

Our family has never been to the dark side but have to admit we have started thinking about it. They caught our attention where WDW has been losing it. (closed PI, dining getting worse, same menus at all the bars etc)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter