Star wars land is coming

Why so sad?

I'm very excited and hope it really happens! Imagine the theming possibilities. The rides. A dining experience in the creature cantina.

This is actually the sentence that got my attention:
“When we grow ‘Star Wars'' presence, which we will do significantly, you will see better bets being made that will pay off for us than were made in the past,” Iger said, according to Variety.

Is that Iger admitting that the "bet" on MDE/MM+/FP+ didn't pay off?

“When we grow ‘Star Wars'' presence, which we will do significantly, you will see better bets being made that will pay off for us than were made in the past,” Iger said, according to Variety.

I read that as meaning bigger bets than Disney has taken on Star Wars in the parks. Mainly, much more than one ride, a gift shop, and a stage show.

Not a Star Wars fan at all, but I do think that Hollywood Studios, which is my favorite park, can really benefit from this. But, I'd really like them to do a huge overhaul and expansion along with Star Wars Land (which I think needs to be called Lucas Studios) to try and maintain some sense of identity for the park. I wish that they would do this as well as take current rides and attractions to divide the park into Hollywood Studios, Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, Disney Studios, and Lucas Studios. But, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

My guess is that he's referring to the MGM fiasco (the partnership itself, and the notion that you could have a film studio within a theme park).

hopefully this takes some heat off Toy Story Mania and we can ride it repeatedly without a long wait :)

Not a Star Wars fan at all, but I do think that Hollywood Studios, which is my favorite park, can really benefit from this. But, I'd really like them to do a huge overhaul and expansion along with Star Wars Land (which I think needs to be called Lucas Studios) to try and maintain some sense of identity for the park. I wish that they would do this as well as take current rides and attractions to divide the park into Hollywood Studios, Pixar Studios, Muppet Studios, Disney Studios, and Lucas Studios. But, this is definitely a step in the right direction.

Brilliant!!!! I love that idea!

I'm not a Star Wars fan either, but I think this is a great boost for DHS... they needed to bring new life into that park :thumbsup2

I also think this is brilliant thinking!

hopefully this takes some heat off Toy Story Mania and we can ride it repeatedly without a long wait :)

To do that you have to go to California Adventure, stay onsite for their morning EMH, and then ride. We actually rode 3 times in a row with no wait after we rode the Cars ride.

Not a fan, but I'm happy for those who are...makes me personally sad, though.....

I'm not a Star Wars super fanatic but I do like it so I'm happy they will be adding more Star Wars to DHS : ) The park does need more for sure so it makes sense to add a more extensive Star Wars presence since the SWW are a huge successes. Now what can they do to help the sad backlot tour area? That's an area I would call sad : )

I'm excited. Star Wars is one of my fav things from growing up.
I hope they make it a whole big thing like Harry potter

Dhs is already my fav park. This woul be awesome

I can't wait to see what all they do!! I loved Star Wars growing up and my hubby and I spend hours every night playing a Star Wars MMO.

We need to wait until the next D23 Expo to say anything about "Star Wars Land."

Maybe they are expanding DHS, maybe they are adding rides to Tomorrowland (which thematically would be wrong, since Star Wars takes place in the past), or is taking over the Life pavilion in Epcot.

Have to wait and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter