Star Wars Half Marathon Event Sprinting Toward Walt Disney World Resort in 2016

Nothing about host resorts that I've seen. Just noticing however that Princess and Marathon weekend both have every resort as a host resort. Maybe they're doing away with the host resort concept? They used to do it for the smaller weekends (smaller then the big one in january). But now that Princess is about the same size, I would assume star wars will be bigger than princess and its already a busy time of year (Flower and Garden, etc) that all resorts would be host resorts.
Princess and WDW Weekends are huge - thus no host resorts. Wine & Dine weekend isn't as big and not all resorts are host resorts.

Btw, will I be able to get BOTH coast-to-coast medals? Regular and Star Wars after completing the 3 sets?

I wouldn't think so. Because you would only be running one half marathon in California, you would probably only be eligible for one Coast-to-Coast medal - EITHER the regular or the Kessel Run. I would imagine that like the chance to get both the pink and blue versions of the Coast-to-Coast medal if you do Princess, Tinker Bell and another half or longer in Florida and another half in California, you could probably get both the Kessel Run and the regular Coast-to-Coast if you were to come back and do another half in California next year - Tinker Bell, Disneyland or Avengers.

We are going to WDW at the end of January and our flights just dropped, so I have a SW credit that needs to be used before June. I went to the rD website to see if the WDW Full was sold out yet because maybe I could make a quick weekender out of it and saw the Dark Side Challenge. Now what?! My husband LOVES Star Wars and will be super pumped about the new movie - but he also thinks the amount of money I spend on Disney is bananas. I'm not sure I can get his support for another trip so soon after our January one. :scared:

Wait which one still has entries!
Acclaim Travel only has half marathon bibs - about 2 hours ago they had 12, but when I talked to Jim he mentioned that he's gotten 100+ calls already that morning and 700 emails in the queue....so they might be gone. They didn't have any Rebel Challenge at all.

I check the others and each website showed SOLD OUT, except for Forester:

http://www.gomagicalmiles.com/#!star-wars-half-marathon/c1huz

Acclaim Travel only has half marathon bibs - about 2 hours ago they had 12, but when I talked to Jim he mentioned that he's gotten 100+ calls already that morning and 700 emails in the queue....so they might be gone. They didn't have any Rebel Challenge at all.

Yeah, I'm guessing that this will be the case for a lot of travel providers - if they had bibs this morning, they may not have them by the end of the day. I think many people who were on the fence and decided not to sign up are changing their minds now that there's a special coast-to-coast medal

Well, I'm happy for the SW fans out there. I was hoping for a new themed race weekend. However, tis is still a chance of WDW Halloween themed weekend in October to replace or welcome back TOT.

I am so in,never done any inaugural races so there's no way I'm not doing it.Was hoping for a night race though!!When is early registration,9/15???

When is early registration,9/15???
I'm sure they'll get around to listing it officially if they haven't already, but based on the previous registrations this year, I'd look at it possibly being the 8th as the other early registrations have been two weeks prior to general registration.

I want more info on the course,the announcement says you'll run through Epcot,DHS,AK and finish at WWoS.This course has me intrigued as it'll be unique,I'm hoping the Epcot and DHS sections are like a reverse of the full marathon where you run through Epcot and WS,exit at the International Gateway to reach DHS and then head to AK and back to WWoS.

I don't know why I didn't notice this before, but...

I'm a little annoyed by the headline of the release. Didn't they consult anyone who runs before writing this? You don't exactly sprint in a half-marathon. I don't even think people sprint a 5K... sprints tend to be much shorter distances.

runDisney.com says early registration (AP/DVC) is one week before regular. That's September 15.

Now what kind of sellout record do you all think will occur or how fast will the system crash?

Y'all thought other events went fast here before. Just wait for this one. I will be there along with all my other friends that the run.

Half marathon start time is 5am,even earlier than the getting up at 2-3am January races,not liking it.If Disney is looking at these posts consider changing the half to a night race,somehow it seems like it fits more with Star Wars,that and that I'm not an early riser.

If Disney is looking at these posts consider changing the half to a night race,somehow it seems like it fits more with Star Wars,that and that I'm not an early riser.
such a good idea...so cool (pardon the pun)

I am so in,never done any inaugural races so there's no way I'm not doing it.Was hoping for a night race though!!When is early registration,9/15???

This is a big factor for me too! I have wanted to do a challenge and figured my first would be the Princess. But, how can I pass up my first challenge being SW themed and the inaugural run??

When I checked the rD website earlier today, it said a week early, so 9/15.

I'm so in! I did the inaugural SWHM in January and had a blast! See what I did there? ;)

5 am is early but I think it is much better than a night time race. I don't know why I am going back for Food and Wine.....especially after last year's rain. However, it is food and wine time!.....LOL. I find that I feel somewhat ill after the night races. (2 Food and Wine and the TOT last year). The morning races are so much easier to handle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter