Star Wars Half Marathon Event Sprinting Toward Walt Disney World Resort in 2016

I know construction would probably be a problem but shouldn't a Star Wars race end in DHS where the Star Wars stuff is? Or at least start there? I don't know just seems weird to me.

VGF - Studio booked for that Friday & Saturday night. Waitlist currently for Thursday. Worst case - we'll change hotels or pay roomrate.

I know construction would probably be a problem but shouldn't a Star Wars race end in DHS where the Star Wars stuff is? Or at least start there? I don't know just seems weird to me.
They can change the course later when they have more Star Wars stuff, maybe with an after party like they previously had with the Tower of Terror run. With things as they are now, though, Parks probably wasn't on board with it since they'll likely be doing a good deal of the construction work at night.

crap...is the Kessel Run challenge also require running both in one calendar year?
Yes. And you know there are people out there (on this board?) who will get a regular C2C, a pink C2C and the Kessel medal all in the same year... ;) I would if I had a money tree.

Just checked, no course posted on USATF yet. Or maybe I didn't search heard enough.

Seems like a missed opportunity not having the Dark Side as a night run!

As a Floridian, I wouldn't want a night run in April! The humidity would be horrible, especially from the usual daily rain at that point.

The morning won't be as bad.

I'm in for the Half or the Challenge -- I'll assess how I feel after this summer's DL Half!

I can't even contain myself right now. I may actually defer my marathon weekend half registration and do this instead.

Also, I am now completely broke. Ramen noodles it is.

And I agree - this would/will be so much better at night (if they switch it later).

Well, I will be in WDW in 2 weeks, then back in January for the Dopey, then back in April for my son's marching band trip. Sadly the trip in April does not tie to the dates for this race, so I will not be able to make it in 2016.

Sigh...

Surprised it is not a night race, but I'll take this either way.

Looks like it is a reverse of W&D, so runners would be in DHS while it was still dark. I can see all sorts of fun stuff going on in there while runners are going through.

Just yesterday I was trying to figure out what race to run in the spring, and this has all but answered my question.

Gah gonna miss out on Kessel run this year :(. Knew I should have signed up for Star Wars in DL.

One catch22 about doing the W&D in reverse is going to be that canal path. Even in the early corrals we're not going to be spread out enough.

OK, I can get a flight for $220 round trip flying in Thursday night and leaving Monday noon, but if I go I'd need to split a room or something

Also seeing as runDisney is clearly mining these boards for ideas (and I certainly encourage that) - how about a little love here guys. Maybe some guaranteed entries. :) We'll keep the ideas coming.

HMM...do we have a rebel spy in our midst??

I kid, I kid :teeth:

Does it say anywhere yet what the host resorts will be? I would like to go ahead and make reservations, but I want to be sure to do so in a host resort.

Nothing about host resorts that I've seen. Just noticing however that Princess and Marathon weekend both have every resort as a host resort. Maybe they're doing away with the host resort concept? They used to do it for the smaller weekends (smaller then the big one in january). But now that Princess is about the same size, I would assume star wars will be bigger than princess and its already a busy time of year (Flower and Garden, etc) that all resorts would be host resorts.

Ok, I went and done it. I signed up for the Rebel Challenge ($500) through a Travel Provider and so crazy me is going to do the Dopey in Disney World, fly a couple days later to LA to do the Rebel Challenge and then do the DarkSide Challenge in April. I'm officially nuts, and broke!

Now I need to adjust all my flights - thank God for Southwest.

Btw, will I be able to get BOTH coast-to-coast medals? Regular and Star Wars after completing the 3 sets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter