STACKING DISNEY DIRECT! BUMMER but Promo's over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
ccdude said:
I just tried to call my order in - it's confirmed, my Best Guest status is suspended! I took advantage of your advice and got suspended - thanks for nothing.

You sure they didn't suspend your rational? :rolleyes2

Noone ever twists anyone's arm...and interesting that no established members have had that happen with multiple orders. Hmmmm....

ccdude said:
I just tried to call my order in - it's confirmed, my Best Guest status is suspended! I took advantage of your advice and got suspended - thanks for nothing.

You didn't get suspended because of stacking. I'm a best guest Platinum member (former CM) and yes I'm a stacker too when it lets me. This last stacking go around I sent in 7 different orders so that I could maximize the 2 $10 discount codes per order. Everything has been processed and the last of my orders should arrive in the next day or two all for the price I was originally quoted.

Disney may say one discount applies, but they stack too! Recently I applied our former CM discount (hubby just left the company last month), then disney applied my free shipping (best guest perk), then they were running a special if you purchase more than $50, they took off $10; plus there was a free gift. So actually there were 4 discounts applied to my order and I never did anything to initiate them. They were all automatically applied to my account by disneydirect.

BTW: ccdude, welcome to the disboards, I noticed that this was only your second post. I do know that you lose your best guest status if you do not maintain the level of purchasing required at your level. Since I'm a platinum member, I must maintain purchases totally $750 a year (not a problem for me).

ccdude said:

Nice try. too bad disney doesn't operate that way. I got all my stuff in today, shows all the discounts applied - stepping stones for $14? yay! anyways, you sound more like a disgruntled guest than a best guest. better luck next time :teeth:

3DisneyKids said:
Someone who is truly ethical does not go around telling others that they are unethical.

From Websters:
Main Entry: eth·i·cal
Pronunciation: 'e-thi-k&l
Variant(s): also eth·ic /-thik/
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English etik, from Latin ethicus, from Greek Ethikos, from Ethos character -- more at SIB
1 : of or relating to ethics
2 : involving or expressing moral approval or disapproval
3 : conforming to accepted professional standards of conduct
4 of a drug : restricted to sale only on a doctor's prescription

3DisneyKids said:
Also, as I said in an earlier post...they KNOW about the stacking and they APPROVE of the stacking. Why? B/c they know that nuts like us will buy much MORE than we intended thus the company still makes out. Yes, their profit margin is smaller per item, but they are selling MORE items, so it works out in their favor.

Just look at this thread...LOL...lots of people buying much more than they need just because they can get a good deal. It is a win-win situation. We, as the customers feel like we win because we are getting great deals. The company wins because they are selling much more merchandise than they would otherwise.

They removed the glitch, so there goes that theory.

Honestly, I think the glitches never really go away but new coupons come out so old ones don't work. That's just what I've experienced.

Time will tell though.

beattyfamily said:
Honestly, I think the glitches never really go away but new coupons come out so old ones don't work. That's just what I've experienced.

Time will tell though.

Thats exactly what happens. Codes are like coupons, only online and they have expiration dates; i think it's in the fine print when you get the email. Yikes, since i just spent so much money, i wonder if i'll even GET those emails anymore; maybe i am suspended! :rolleyes:

beattyfamily said:

Time will tell though.

I don't know....I had a cart full of things yesterday, I had applied some of the coupons (some that are still active, at least I'm pretty sure they are...) to my order and they were still in my cart when I logged in. I logged out, added something and added the savemore code, mainly just to see what would happen. When I did that, and logged back in, the previously applied codes were gone.

does that make sense? I'm sure there's a shorter way to describe that, LOL

Donna said:
Nice try. too bad disney doesn't operate that way. I got all my stuff in today, shows all the discounts applied - stepping stones for $14? yay! anyways, you sound more like a disgruntled guest than a best guest. better luck next time :teeth:

Since you know everything, here's my letter, explain this:

It has come to our attention that during the month of August, 2005 orders placed by you via the Disneydirect . com web-site were manipulated to apply/combine unauthorized discounts. Due to this prohibited activity, we find it necessary to permanently suspend your Best Guest status. While we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you in our program, this type of abuse puts the entire Best Guest program at risk. Effective immediately, Best Guest discounts and/or privileges will not be applied to future orders on your accounts.

Eligibility pertaining to promotional discounts and coupons is clearly posted and/or stated at the time of purchase. While we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests, it concerns us that this system manipulation occurred. Should you have any questions concerning this communication, you may email our Best Guest Service department at bestguest@disneydirect . com.

Sincerely,

Guest Services
Disney Direct Marketing, Inc.

ccdude said:
Since you know everything, here's my letter, explain this:

It has come to our attention that during the month of August, 2005 orders placed by you via the Disneydirect . com web-site were manipulated to apply/combine unauthorized discounts. Due to this prohibited activity, we find it necessary to permanently suspend your Best Guest status. While we appreciate your business and have enjoyed having you in our program, this type of abuse puts the entire Best Guest program at risk. Effective immediately, Best Guest discounts and/or privileges will not be applied to future orders on your accounts.

Eligibility pertaining to promotional discounts and coupons is clearly posted and/or stated at the time of purchase. While we work hard to meet and exceed the expectations of our Guests, it concerns us that this system manipulation occurred. Should you have any questions concerning this communication, you may email our Best Guest Service department at bestguest@disneydirect . com.

Sincerely,

Guest Services
Disney Direct Marketing, Inc.

Wow, so you called this morning about your order, you were informed of this status being revoked, and now you are in possession of a letter from them? How did they get this letter to you so fast?

Respectfully, I do not believe this.

madge said:
I don't know....I had a cart full of things yesterday, I had applied some of the coupons (some that are still active, at least I'm pretty sure they are...) to my order and they were still in my cart when I logged in. I logged out, added something and added the savemore code, mainly just to see what would happen. When I did that, and logged back in, the previously applied codes were gone.

does that make sense? I'm sure there's a shorter way to describe that, LOL

I went into DH's account, since I had been playing around with costumes the night before. I tried adding something and going back into the cart. Poof, all but one of the codes were gone. I went ahead and tried to pay for the order that was in the shopping cart in my account, with all the codes intact. I was able to check out, as long as I didn't change, add, or take anything out. I wanted to order a smaller sized costume, but will deal with being an XL Minnie. I know this is sooooooo wrong, but I feel like the extra discounts I got on these orders makes up for the fact that I will get no AP/AAA discount on my resort room next month (just a little bit). Please don't flame me, I was just so steaming mad at Disney, and now I am only lukewarm.....

ccdude said:
Email is an effective communication tool.

Signing off this Board. Adios.

You mean, signing off under THIS name. You obviously dont have enough courage to post under your usual DIS name or you wouldn't have made up a new one. Maybe try darker sunglasses next time! Gotta give you credit though, you write a nice letter!

Donna said:
You mean, signing off under THIS name. You obviously dont have enough courage to post under your usual DIS name or you wouldn't have made up a new one. Maybe try darker sunglasses next time! Gotta give you credit though, you write a nice letter!

:rotfl2:

I still can't even log in. I can log in to register for the sweepstakes but not the shopping.

Go figure?!

frannn said:
I went into DH's account, since I had been playing around with costumes the night before. I tried adding something and going back into the cart. Poof, all but one of the codes were gone. I went ahead and tried to pay for the order that was in the shopping cart in my account, with all the codes intact. I was able to check out, as long as I didn't change, add, or take anything out. I wanted to order a smaller sized costume, but will deal with being an XL Minnie. I know this is sooooooo wrong, but I feel like the extra discounts I got on these orders makes up for the fact that I will get no AP/AAA discount on my resort room next month (just a little bit). Please don't flame me, I was just so steaming mad at Disney, and now I am only lukewarm.....

oh, man...I missed the "no more stacking" post. I was tempted to go ahead and check out, but instead I went back to try and add one more thing. Oh well. I'm pleased with what I ordered :)

All this hub-bub reminds me of back in the earlier days of internet shopping--there were so many glitches, freebies, etc. It was crazy then...so many deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter