• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

STACKING DISNEY DIRECT! BUMMER but Promo's over :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

3DisneyNUTS

<font color=green>can't think of anything witty!<b
Ok shop for $50 place the items in your cart
place this in your special offers discount codes.

visaschool0510

scroll down Hit apply and $10 will come off.
LOG OUT
PLACE another item over $50 in your cart being you are logged out nothing else will be in there you have not lost your other items don't worry
(I used the cuties comforter for $59.99)
put this coupon in the spoecial offers discount box
halloweenfun
hit apply and it will come off
you will now see both coupons on the bottom and all your stuff in your cart.
REMOVE COMFORTER from cart
LOG OUT
add comforter again from cart
disneytreat 10%
scroll down hit apply
you will now see 10% off everything in your cart
REMOVE comforter
LOG OUT
ADD commforter
put following code in
DMC10
click apply
you will see everything had 20% off and two $10 codes for $20 off.

It is a PITA BUT it worked for me. I got $75 worth of stuff for $34.95 free shipping and just tax for a total of $42.85 :)

I hope it woriks for you guys :)

I couldn't get the first code to work: visaschool0510. Any suggestions?

You have to be logged in I think to get that one to work and you have to use your Disney Visa card and $50 purchase. Carol :earsgirl:

Okay... I thought I followed the directions, but it did not work. I never got the visaschool0510 to show up. My final order did have 20% off of two of the items (I am guessing they don't discount dvd's), but it removed the halloweenfun $10 that did work the first time. Hmmmm.

I think the person above actually bought the cuties comforter. I followed the instructions and everything worked until the very end. I took out the comforter and only 2 discount codes stayed. Previously there had been 4. Anyone know if this happened because of a certain dollar amount that my purchase went under? What if I dont want to buy a $50 item, will this still work by taking that item out in the end?

Okay.... it did work. My total was going to be $75 for the stitch comforter set, disneyland office set and rubber stamps. Still a little more than I would like to pay for these items.

I do have another question though, How were the OP items only worth $75? Didn't we have to have $50 worth of items twice in order for both $10 coupons to work?

Visaschool code will not work UNLESS you are already logged in.....so how can you get it to work? Also the Disney treat 10% is not valid. DMC10 is also coming up invalid.

I ordered yesterday (Hook costume plus 2 acces., Pocahontas costume plus 2 access.) - used 4 codes, including 1 for Disney Visa - total was $56.80. Today I noticed the 25% off code using Disney Visa (visacostumes0525) and checked the pricing (using 3 add'l codes, halloween fun, dmc10, and disneytreat (I think)) - new total was $42 for same items, I called and was able to cancel yesterday's order. I ended up reordering the same items, plus added a Peter Pan costume and paid less than what I would have paid yesterday ($56.31). Now DD and DS are set for Halloween and I have a birthday gift for DS for the end of this month!

FYI - original price $127.54 less discounts of $71.23!

The disney treat is DISNEYTREAT (no 10% on the end). I got them all to work. Instead of using the comforter (which was an example) put in something you really do want to buy for that amount. I used two items that totalled over $50 and had to remember to remove/add them but it did work! My $90 worth of items cost $52!

Well, I used the Visa code for 25% off and a 5% code and and $10.00 code! Got DD a Tinkerbell costume (she's 10 and needed the adult size) so I got a pair of shorts and a costume for $40.00.

I have to say it...you're abusing a glitch in their programming and if it were my company you were doing this to, I'd consider it theft. It clearly states that

"Note: Only one Special Offer or Discount per order."

What about ONE SPECIAL OFFER or DISCOUNT is not understood? Just because you've found a blip in the system that you can manipulate to circumvent their rules....does not make it right.

I think this is horrible and can't believe folks are celebrating their ability to cheat the system. Please, no flames....I see folks looting and taking advantage of a horrible scene in NO...and here folks encouraging others to steal. It's just not right.

Tara

Is it unusual that i didn't get charged any shipping? i did not buy any halloween items. wow!

lmhall2000 said:
I have to say it...you're abusing a glitch in their programming and if it were my company you were doing this to, I'd consider it theft. It clearly states that

"Note: Only one Special Offer or Discount per order."

What about ONE SPECIAL OFFER or DISCOUNT is not understood? Just because you've found a blip in the system that you can manipulate to circumvent their rules....does not make it right.

I think this is horrible and can't believe folks are celebrating their ability to cheat the system. Please, no flames....I see folks looting and taking advantage of a horrible scene in NO...and here folks encouraging others to steal. It's just not right.

Tara
Oh please..the markup on these items is unreal. We used to have sales in the disney store all the time and guests did the very same thing. If something is wrong with the system, then it should be fixed. They are still making their money, why do you think its marked up so high in the first place. They're certainly not going to go out of business because someone got a few more dollars off on already over-priced items. Besides, they need to clear out their warehouses cause the holiday stuff is just around the corner. You can HARDLY compare this to looting in LA, get a grip.

Be sure to take out your Hook costume & check it for mold. :( I just got the replacement costume & it too has white mold or mildew on the jacket along the sleeves & all down the back. I am washing it now. They must have gotten a bad shipment that was in moist storage. :(

I too last week stacked up 5 codes and got a great discounts on some early x-mas shopin last weeek. I work in retail and no first hand how high these prices are marked up to begin with. At my store when we put items on sale for 50-75% offf we still make money on them.So thaty tells you how high the prices are marked up. I dont consider this stealing at all. All stores rip you off big time to begin with.

Donna said:
Oh please..the markup on these items is unreal. We used to have sales in the disney store all the time and guests did the very same thing. If something is wrong with the system, then it should be fixed. They are still making their money, why do you think its marked up so high in the first place. They're certainly not going to go out of business because someone got a few more dollars off on already over-priced items. Besides, they need to clear out their warehouses cause the holiday stuff is just around the corner. You can HARDLY compare this to looting in LA, get a grip.

Donna,

self-righteous: Definition
self-right·eous ( sĕlf ' rī ' chəs ) adj. Piously sure of one's own righteousness;
moralistic. Exhibiting pious self-assurance: self-righteous.

You could not have said it better. There are some who proclaim their self-righteous in words but when it comes to delivery you find them "all talk".
Lots of proclamations for others to follow, but seldom followed through by themselves, if you pay attention to their "act". Wearing your religion on your sleeve will not get you to heaven . . . . religion should be in your heart.

Our system is governed by laws . . . . follow the law and you will not have a problem. A person can "bible thump" all they want, but it should be private and withing their clan. Disney has hundreds of attorneys, policy manuals, etc. and all that makes them successful. They know how to price and make allowances for their mistakes.

If Disney posts an offer you want, then buy into an error on their part, so what. Is that any worse than trying to figure out every angle on a coupon
strategy that they might have overlooked?

If a retailer posts a price, then delivers the product where someone legally follows the terms then the retailer has done their half of a contract. If you followed the buying procedures, clicks, etc., in the buy, it's yours?

LOL...not again! I am still recovering from the stacking frenzy from last week! There were things I didn't get last week, maybe I'll have to take another look...

As to the ethics of this...I actually spoke to someone (a manager) on the 1-800 number and they are completely aware of the issue. This is how she explained it to me:

Such a relatively small number of people know about this glitch (i.e.: those of us on the DIS boards and maybe some folks on other Dinsey sites) that it is not an issue.

They have no intentions of fixing it. Why? Because they know it is the Disney-a-holics who have figured out the glitch and that we are so excited that we end up buying way more than we would have had we not been able to stack. So, even though we save a ton by stacking codes, we are still paying the company more b/c we feel we are getting such great deals.

And let's face it, if stacking codes meant they were operating at a loss (selling us this stuff for less than it cost them), they would fix the glitch. This is a major company and would not allow itself to lose money.

Just my 2 cents...(since that's all I have left after stacking...LOL!)

Don't know if you followed all of that, but it was enough to ease my conscious.

ROFLMAO!!!! :) It figures that they have the upper hand in all of this! LOL!

I just placed TWO orders (yes, ladies, I ordered my DD more costumes... :rotfl: ) and got them for $13.18 each which beats my $14.15 post last month! :banana:

Anyway, it let me use ALL the codes for both orders!
1st Order (all costumes and accessories): used the 25% Disney Visa discount, both 10% discounts, and the 2 $10 off coupons for the 1st order. Ended up 45% off each item plus $20 off the order and free shipping!

The 2nd order: Both 10% off codes and both $10 off codes. Gave me 20% off each item and $20 off the total with free shipping.

I averaged 56% savings between the 2 orders tonight. Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter