St Maarten, Thomas with younguns

elkesails

Mouseketeer
Looking for excursions suggestions for St Maarten and St Thomas with young children. We are two families with boys 6,5,4 and a girl 2. Also wondering if anyone has visited the spa at The Marriott Frenchmen's Reef...thinking it would be a nice "mom's break" for a couple of hours. All suggestions welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I would say to take your kids to Maho Beach. There is an airport right there and the planes fly right over your head. It's a neat place.

There is also a beach, but the water is rough so stay close to the children. There is also a place to eat and get something to drink.

Do a search on the beach and you'll get images of the beach and planes.

IN both St. Maarten and St. Thomas there are butterfly farms. In St. Maarten you have to take a cab to get there, but in St. Thomas you get off of the ship and walk for about 5-7 mins and you are at the butterfly farm. My kids enjoyed it (they were 8, 6 and 3 at the time).

In St. Thomas Magens Bay is great for little kids because there are now waves but there is a tow so you have to be careful.

Coki Beach is our kids favorite because even when they were little they could feel like they were snorkling because pretty fish come close to the beachline. It's a pretty, small beach attached to a aquarium and had food and bathrooms (showers if you bought admission to the aquarium). Both beaches are very easy to do on your own, no excursion needed.

The only beach we went to in St. Maarten was Orient Beach on the French side. While nudity is allowed it tends to be further down the beach and you'd have to go looking for it. I did see a couple topless women walking on the beach but my kids never spotted them. It was a spectacular beach and a great day. I know there are other beaches closer to the dock that others can recommend.

Thanks for the tips.Wondering if anyone has gone on the excursions...either land or sea...and how that worked with the little ones

On St. Maarten we went to Great Bay beach. Take the $5 water taxi, kids ride free and were in sight of the ship, rented some chairs, water trampoline and jet ski. Could return for lunch on board and shower and change and return for a little shopping if desired. It was a great day.

St. Thomas I took DS6 on the submarine excursion so not sure what to do with the younger ones. Sorry.

On St. Maarten we went to Great Bay beach. Take the $5 water taxi, kids ride free and were in sight of the ship, rented some chairs, water trampoline and jet ski. Could return for lunch on board and shower and change and return for a little shopping if desired. It was a great day.

St. Thomas I took DS6 on the submarine excursion so not sure what to do with the younger ones. Sorry.

The tips for St Maarten sound perfect....thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter