SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Tha
We think so. We've done 4 adults in a 1-bedroom at BWV, and it's about the same size. But I was the only female, and I'm very low maintenance.

Just make sure you figure out bathroom time, who showers when, etc, since there is just the 1 bathroom. The bathroom is split and has a separate sink area by the jacuzzi tub, too, so that's extra space for getting ready.

I think with 3 adults you'll be just fine. Just make sure the 3rd person knows they're sleeping on a pull out couch.

Thanks! We should be fine then :D he is aware that he is on the sleeper haha, they have done family holidays in the villas for years so I guess he knows what to expect. Thanks again, cannot wait!! SSR looks gorgeous

First time renter of DVC points and I'm trying to understand how to do the building requests. Sounds like only the owner can talk to MS. Although I know the owners through friends, I'm trying to avoid pestering them if possible. That leads me to my question:

Does it matter when I put in my room request? I would rather wait until the 60 day check in to do my request. But if it makes a difference, I would have the owner put the request in now. Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks!!
This will depend on the nature of what you want to request. The list on the online check-in form is very limited, and you can only select two options. If you have the member call member services, you can be more specific about what you want.

Here's the list of choices from online check-in:

• Carousel Section
  • Ground Floor
  • Grandstand Section
  • Lower Floor
  • Near Elevator
  • Near Transportation
  • Congress Park
  • Near Walkway to Disney Springs
  • Fairway View
  • Upper Floor
  • Near Carriage House
  • Near Pool
  • Near Paddock

You'll notice that several of these aren't very specific. For example, "Near Carriage House" could apply to both the Springs section and the Grandstand. "Near Paddock" could apply to buildings in the Paddock, Congress Park, or Carousel.

The preferences I gave Member Services for our recent stay were:
1. Paddock Section
2. Near the pool
3. Upper floor
4. Not an accessible room

We were lucky enough to get the perfect room for these choices, and it was even ready when we arrived. (That doesn't happen every time, but it sure is nice when it comes together.)

This will depend on the nature of what you want to request. The list on the online check-in form is very limited, and you can only select two options. If you have the member call member services, you can be more specific about what you want.

• Carousel Section
  • Ground Floor
  • Grandstand Section
  • Lower Floor
  • Near Elevator
  • Near Transportation
  • Congress Park
  • Fairway View
  • Upper Floor
  • Near Carriage House
  • Near Pool
  • Near Paddock

You'll notice that several of these aren't very specific. For example, "Near Carriage House" could apply to both the Springs section and the Grandstand. "Near Paddock" could apply to buildings in the Paddock, Congress Park, or Carousel.

1. Paddock Section
2. Near the pool
3. Upper floor

We were lucky enough to get the perfect room for these choices, and it was even ready when we arrived. (That doesn't happen every time, but it sure is nice when it comes together.)

Thank you! That really helps when deciding what to do!! I'll figure out my request and send it along. :)

• Carousel Section
  • Ground Floor
  • Grandstand Section
  • Lower Floor
  • Near Elevator
  • Near Transportation
  • Congress Park
  • Fairway View
  • Upper Floor
  • Near Carriage House
  • Near Pool
  • Near Paddock

1. Paddock Section
2. Near the pool
3. Upper floor

Quick question..
We are staying at SSR for the 1st time at the end of jan..
Is it to late an call to add these requests?
and are these reasonable request?

1. Close to carriage house
2. Grandstand section preferred
3. Upper floor

(The grand stand section we really want the one of the two bulding closest to the carriage house.
Should i say that on the request?)

I am looking for opinions.

I am in the process of closing resale at SSR. Based on the number of points needed for a room type, I am trying to determine why it would not be best for me to get either two Studios rather than just one 2 Bed Room unit ? My party would include 5 adults, a 4 year old, and an infant.

Last edited:

I am in the process of closing resale at SSR. Based on the number of points needed for a room type, I am trying to determine why it would not be best for me to get two Studios rather than one 2 BR ? My party would include 5 adults, a 4 year old, and an infant.
You would be really crammed in a one bedroom with that many people and I don't think five adults, a child, and an infant would be allowed.

You would be really crammed in a one bedroom with that many people and I don't think five adults, a child, and an infant would be allowed.

I was trying to compare either getting one, two bedroom unit or two, Studios.

Thanks

I was trying to compare either getting one, two bedroom unit or two, Studios.

Thanks
We just stayed in a one bedroom. Two adults and three kids(14,13,12). One was on the sofa(closed) and the other two had air mattresses on the floor. It was manageable and there was room to maneuver.
This was our first stay, we closed the end of October and were able to sneak in a quick Christmas trip. Can't help with other size rooms. Only one bedrooms were available and we did a split stay of BWV and SSR.

I am in the process of closing resale at SSR. Based on the number of points needed for a room type, I am trying to determine why it would not be best for me to get either two Studios rather than just one 2 Bed Room unit ? My party would include 5 adults, a 4 year old, and an infant.

The 2 bedroom will give you more room. You'll have the living room and a full kitchen - the studios are only bedrooms with small kitchenettes.

The 2 bedroom will give you more room. You'll have the living room and a full kitchen - the studios are only bedrooms with small kitchenettes.

In your opinion, is it worth about 50% more in points than getting two Studios ?

In your opinion, is it worth about 50% more in points than getting two Studios ?

In my opinion, yes! You'll also have a washer/dryer in a 1- or 2-bedroom unit! :thumbsup2 If you can spare the points, I think your family will be happier in the 2-bedroom rather than 2 studios! But again, that's just my opinion! ::yes::

I know getting the two lockoff rooms (studio and 1BR) are a few more points per day than a 2BR, however, when you need to sleep up to 8, which is better IYO and why?

I just booked SSR last night for a stay 10 days from now. I switched from AKL because they sent me an email saying there'd be refurb going on during our stay, and I really didn't want to get there and find out that the noise was bothering me. It seemed easier just to rebook somewhere else, and SSR looks great . . . but . . . I've never stayed at SSR before, so I have a couple of questions, since I'd like to know what to request at check-in. TIA for your help!

1) We're staying in a studio (just me and DH) and we'd ideally like a room that's quiet, and it'd be great if there was a pretty view. Is there any special section or floor or area we should request? I realize that it'd just be a request, but I'd like to request it!

2) We don't mind walking a bit--in fact, the grounds look really beautiful and walking would be fine--so it's okay if a quiet section would also be farther away from the restaurants, for example. But I don't want to be far away from laundry facilities, since for sure we'll do the laundry at least once and maybe twice while we're there.

3) And a non-check-in-related question: Is it relatively easy to get the boat to Port Orleans? Just curious, since I thought it might be nice to visit while we're at SSR.

BTW, we're booked through WDW, the same way we'd book a regular resort hotel room through them.

Thanks so much!

I just booked SSR last night for a stay 10 days from now. I switched from AKL because they sent me an email saying there'd be refurb going on during our stay, and I really didn't want to get there and find out that the noise was bothering me. It seemed easier just to rebook somewhere else, and SSR looks great . . . but . . . I've never stayed at SSR before, so I have a couple of questions, since I'd like to know what to request at check-in. TIA for your help!

1) We're staying in a studio (just me and DH) and we'd ideally like a room that's quiet, and it'd be great if there was a pretty view. Is there any special section or floor or area we should request? I realize that it'd just be a request, but I'd like to request it!

2) We don't mind walking a bit--in fact, the grounds look really beautiful and walking would be fine--so it's okay if a quiet section would also be farther away from the restaurants, for example. But I don't want to be far away from laundry facilities, since for sure we'll do the laundry at least once and maybe twice while we're there.

3) And a non-check-in-related question: Is it relatively easy to get the boat to Port Orleans? Just curious, since I thought it might be nice to visit while we're at SSR.

BTW, we're booked through WDW, the same way we'd book a regular resort hotel room through them.

Thanks so much!

I don't really have much for answers for you but I just wanted to say my husband and I will also be at SSR in 10 days! I'm super excited. I requested to be in Congress Park because it is closest to the walk to Downtown Disney. I would think it would be easy to catch the boat from Downtown Disney to Port Orleans as the walk isn't bad to get there.

I've heard Grandstand is a nice place to stay and it is the first bus pick-up. I think the quietest place to stay is Carousel but that is the area farthest from everything. Springs would be closest to laundry, I believe, but it likely would be the loudest as that is the main area. I've been to Saratoga a few times several years ago and I never found the resort to be loud.

Thanks so much!

SSR is our home resort! The best studio we have ever had - so quiet we sometimes wondered if anyone else was staying at the resort! - was Grandstand room #9501. It was a first floor, corner room by the golf course and treehouse villas. Any rooms around that area should be peaceful! (Request the 9500 building? Room numbers run from 9501-9836.)

Guest Laundry is by the Grandstand pool -- pretty convenient for you!

To get to Port Orleans, you would take the boat from SSR to Disney Springs; change boats for the one that goes to French Quarter and Riverside. That ride is beautiful! Enjoy!

Good luck!

Jhondy210: Thank you! I still can't decide what, if anything, to request. I just want to have quiet and a nice view--preferably a water view, I guess, although the grounds are beautiful.

RachelTori Thank you! I'm going crazy trying to decide what to request and started having that WDW information overload that's so easy to fall into.

I've read too much and found a couple of reviews from guests who ended up with a room right across from beeping backing-up trucks or views of parking lots, I guess. Which I definitely don't want.

I'm leaning toward Congress Park, because I believe there are good water views there. I read somewhere that 2501-2836 (I think that's right) has excellent water views. And I like the proximity to DS because then we could catch a resort bus to AKL, which has better food choices for vegan me. That's one thing about SSR I'm a little concerned about. Other than the vegan bakery at DS there are very few vegan food choices at the SSR and DS restaurants, and we're not going to have a car.

Thanks again, and any further guidance would be quite welcome!

Last edited:
Quick question about room requests, we are staying in june (not DVC Members) and really want to stay in the springs, we're planning to do on-line check in but also want to ring just before hand (really really want the springs:-)) is the correct number for non members 1-407-827-1100 and how long before our stay would you recommend we ring

I'm going to be at SSR tomorrow!!! I can't wait. I'm so excited to show this resort to my husband!

I own at SSR, but I've never stayed there. That might change, because my family is considering doing huge trip with our extended family, likely around the 50th Anniversary.

Ignoring how many points I have (we're in the process of adding-on), how difficult would you think it would be to get six studios all in close proximity, all for the same week? I know the resort is large, but I don't know if that's even a feasible thing to hope for, much less expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter