SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

LOL, now you can join the rest of us in shaking our heads whenever we see a thread that starts out with something along the lines of "I'm so disappointed. The only thing available for our trip is SSR." Poor SSR has a bad rep for some reason. I'm with ajasmom, though. All the more room for those of us who love it!

Headed there for first time at the end of the month. I always thought that it was a very nicely appointed and I am glad that those in the know think so as well.

I agree with the PP who posted about the DTD(oops, DS!) view when staying in Congress Park. Requesting CP does not guarantee a DS view. I found this out the hard way. Stayed in CP and had a view of shrubs and walkways but not the water looking at DS. Make sure to specifically ask for that. Enjoy!

I agree with the PP who posted about the DTD(oops, DS!) view when staying in Congress Park. Requesting CP does not guarantee a DS view. I found this out the hard way. Stayed in CP and had a view of shrubs and walkways but not the water looking at DS. Make sure to specifically ask for that. Enjoy!

And requesting a DS view doesn't guarantee it either. Last month, we did get Congress Park, but we were looking at some grass and the parking lot. But, when you get that DS view, it's gorgeous!

Hi hoping someone can help with a room request for upcoming trip. We always ask for grandstand area but this trip would like to be close to DTD walkway. Reading previous posts seems congress park is what we need to request. Any room numbers I can include for a 1 bedroom with water view and DTD? Thank you :)

Super excited to be staying at SSR this weekend!! Haven't been there since October 2013. Waaaaay too long to be away from one of my favorite resorts! I don't care at all about view as long as we are in Congress Park :lovestruc

First time as new DVC owners - truly enjoyed SSR vibe. We fell in love with Port Orleans Riverside and SSR has the same vibe - laid back and not so sugar rushed.

Does anyone know which nights they show movies by the pool at SSR? Is it specific days?

Hi Guys sorry if this has been asked before I did try to read the thread but it huge!!!! anyway my question is, we are staying in June i'm guessing check out is around 11 but our flight home isn't till 7 so is there anywhere we can freshen up maybe shower before we leave about 5 o'clock

Hello all! We just recently became members. Visited a couple years ago with friends that were members and we stayed in a treehouse. This will be our first time staying in a 2 bedroom villa vs a treehouse. Based on what I've read, I think we are going to request the Grandstand. Do you have any recommendation if we should request a certain view within the Grandstand? Any suggestions? :)

I have a few questions for the vets. DW and I are staying here for the Princess run. My first suggestion was to stay at the Springs. But after reading through here and hearing everyone talk about the views of DS from Congress Park, I'm wondering if that isn't the place we should go. Looking for some input. here are some of our qualifiers.
  • We are flying in for the first time so Disney transportation is our only means. Normally we drive so it is never even on our radar.
  • We want to walk to DS probably more than a couple of times. Boating will also probably happen, just because we love boating around Disney.
  • We have fallen in love with OKW and love the quiet pools and relaxed style there, and would like to find something like that at SSR, however not having a car we feel we should be within fairly easy walking distance to the Carriage House. (Also I can see myself leaving the room to go to the Carriage House and forgetting something and having to walk back, hence my concern.)
  • One thing I loved about OKW was walking for a nightcap to the Gurgling suitcase. What is SSR's best bar for the nightcap meet up?
  • Is there a way to request a view of DS in CP when you check in? If not I might feel safer with the closer proximity to the Carriage House from the Springs.
  • I think ideal building for The Springs would be 3101-3436/ ideal building for Congress Park 2101-2436. If I remember correctly you can't request certain buildings, but the CM's always tried to make us happy at OKW during check in and we almost always got the building we planned for.
  • Are there elevators in all the buildings? I'm assuming the best views of DS is from the upper floors. We always tried for ground floors at OKW because they don't have many elevators, and stairs after the parks are the worst.
  • One of our biggest concerns is getting to the Carriage House, the morning of the race, in time. I'm thinking Congress park might be a nice little warm up in the morning. It really doesn't look that far, is Google earth making it look shorter than it is really
Wow this really makes me look like I am quite picky, but really I just love to research and plan my vacation. Not only do I have places picked out to eat, I know what I will most likely be ordering from the menu. I appreciate any feedback and look forward to seeing if SSR can compete with OKW for a place in my heart.

we stayed at Congress park in a one bed on the third floor and had a reasonable view of DS our room was at the end of the building which is set at an angle. It was a short walk from DS and similar distance to carriage house, where we ate at the counter service a few times. We enjoyed the quiet pool which is at CP which was very relaxing. As for a night cap DS is really close and we tended to have a stroll there on an evening and enjoy the live music.

Hi Guys sorry if this has been asked before I did try to read the thread but it huge!!!! anyway my question is, we are staying in June i'm guessing check out is around 11 but our flight home isn't till 7 so is there anywhere we can freshen up maybe shower before we leave about 5 o'clock

There is a facility to the side of the main pool area (kinda of behind the slide) that has restrooms and showers where you can change and freshen up. I have used it in the past.

My family is debating the Tables in Wonderland card. I read that it gets a 20% discount at The Artist's Palette. I was curious if anyone knows if that is just the restaurant, or do I get a discount on their mini grocery store as well?

There is a facility to the side of the main pool area (kinda of behind the slide) that has restrooms and showers where you can change and freshen up. I have used it in the past.

thanks for that is it the building under the spa?

imgsvr.ashx

Congress Park first week of October.

Booked in a family suite at art of animation. Just came upon a two bedroom at SSR for same time. It would cost $1681 more for the week. Worth it or not? We are dvc and I'm dreading going with out my king bed, kitchen and washer/dryer.

We will be there next week and I was wondering if the new refillable mug design was available at SSR?

We're trading in via RCI in May, so I've read all the helpful material on this thread and I'm still not sure which section to request.

It will be just the two of us. We are 55 and 60 and we only plan one park day. Maybe one water park day, too. The rest of the week will be spent relaxing, shopping, and visiting the other resorts and having dinner there or at Disney Springs. So, we won't be on tight schedules to catch busses.

It would be nice to be near a place to refill mugs or get a snack, but we'll be in a one bedroom so we'll be making breakfasts and a few other meals. We won't be walking frequently to the main restaurant. Being able to walk to Disney Springs would be nice, but we can always catch the bus since sometimes I have leg/hip issues with walking too much.

Sometimes I think Congress Park would be best, sometimes Paddock, sometimes the Springs. Have ruled out Grandstand and Carousel as having no great advantages in our circumstances.

Ideas? Recommendations?

we stayed at Congress park in a one bed on the third floor and had a reasonable view of DS our room was at the end of the building which is set at an angle. It was a short walk from DS and similar distance to carriage house, where we ate at the counter service a few times. We enjoyed the quiet pool which is at CP which was very relaxing. As for a night cap DS is really close and we tended to have a stroll there on an evening and enjoy the live music.

Thanks, I think this settles it for us. we would much rather prefer a short walk to both DS and CH. We will probably be popping over to DS for any food or beverage need, rather than walking to the CH, thank for the advice on that. I'm excited to be staying here and hope we get a room with a view of DS. I'm glad we were unable to rent points at our usual "home", OKW, and had an excuse to stretch ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter