SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Question about transportation. I thought I found the answer in this thread months back, but can't seem to find it now. We are planning a trip to Disney in December of this year. We are hopefully going to stay in the Grandstand section. I thought I remember reading that while its nice being the first to board the bus at the Grandstand, you will need to drive around the entire resort before the bus departs to your theme park. I was curious how much time is added from the time the bus picks you up from the Grandstand, and the actual time it leave the resort. I thought I read somewhere that it was 15 minutes.
15 minutes is pretty close, give or take. In any case, you'll spend the same amount of time total because the buses take the same route when you're coming back from the park. So if you're the first stop (Grandstand), you ride through the whole resort in the morning. If you're the last stop (Springs), you ride through the whole resort at night. Either way, you're going to see every stop for the full round trip.

15 minutes is pretty close, give or take. In any case, you'll spend the same amount of time total because the buses take the same route when you're coming back from the park. So if you're the first stop (Grandstand), you ride through the whole resort in the morning. If you're the last stop (Springs), you ride through the whole resort at night. Either way, you're going to see every stop for the full round trip.

This is perfectly true, you'll be spending that time some point of the day. The major benefit to being at Grandstand is being picked up first you're practically guaranteed a seat, whereas close to 9am most mornings at the Springs you will be standing more often than not. Personally, I am able to stomach the extra 15 minutes in the morning when I am hyped but after a long day walking in the parks it's nice to jump off the bus at the first stop. 15 minutes definitely feel longer at the end of the day.

This thread is so long and I am an SSR newbie! Is there a link in here does anyone know that would show room views? I used one last year to request our room at BLT and wonder if there is an equivalent thread for SSR. We will have a 1 bedroom and will probably request Paddock. Has anyone stayed there and can share their thoughts on room request?

Anyone know of the walkway to DTD from SSR is back open? I know it was closed awhile back due to construction.

Is there a link in here does anyone know that would show room views? We will have a 1 bedroom and will probably request Paddock. Has anyone stayed there and can share their thoughts on room request?

I have never stayed at SSR only walked through it, so I don't have any first hand experience with it. We just closed yesterday on our purchase but hope to go in a few months. I am including several links that will show you the resort and rooms.

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/saratoga-springs-1-bedroom-disney-vacation-club-review/

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/saratoga.htm

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/saratoga-springs/maps-a-photos-53844

We stayed at SSR in mid May and again it was another wonderful stay! We have stayed DVC for approximately 13 trips and SSR still seems to have some of the cleanest rooms and nicest facilities. We also feel it is the most relaxing of all resorts. We love it and are looking forward to future stays there.

This thread is so long and I am an SSR newbie! Is there a link in here does anyone know that would show room views? I used one last year to request our room at BLT and wonder if there is an equivalent thread for SSR. We will have a 1 bedroom and will probably request Paddock. Has anyone stayed there and can share their thoughts on room request?
I'm not aware of a thread like there is for BLT. You can check out the RoomFinder on DVCNews.com. It has a list of rooms. Some of them have descriptions of the specific view, and few have photos.

A very generous friend has given me her unused points and we will be staying at SSR in September. I've researched and figured out which area of the resort I think we'd like to stay in. Now how do I put in the request?

So excited! We got our member number in the mail and we are officially owners at SSR. Planing to take my 1st trip with my points for my 30th birthday next may, if i can get off work! finger crossed!

A very generous friend has given me her unused points and we will be staying at SSR in September. I've researched and figured out which area of the resort I think we'd like to stay in. Now how do I put in the request?

You will have to have your friend make the reservation( if not already done) and add any room requests for you -only the member can contact DVC. Also, requests are not guarantees -although they do their best to accommodate.

Good morning! We are excited to be planning another trip and we are hoping to go back to SSR. We stayed in a 2br last time with 8 people. This time we have 5.

Question: What is the occupancy for a 1br? Depending on what website I look at it is either 4 or 5? (all over 3 y/o)

DVC will now allow you to book 5 people in one-bedrooms. However, there are only beds, linens, and towels for 4 at SSR. If you add the 5th person, you need to plan on a sleeping bag or inflatable mattress, plus the linens. You can either bring some extra towels with you, or purchase a towel pack from housekeeping.

Returning to SSR Aug 1 :yay:. We made a room request fo r Congress Park and of course a lake view of DTD. We are in a studio family of four with DS 7 and DD 4. This will be are third time at SSR and what we are looking for in our request is a view of DTD of course. What do you think of the request any thoughts welcome one thing I am thinking is to add not ground floor and what is your fav spot and what you like about it.

Hello! I am a new owner at Saratoga! as of this month. our first stay here will not be until may for my 30th but I am grateful for the information I have learned here. Thank you

We are new owners and SSR is going to be our first DVC stay. First, THANK YOU for the wealth of info! DH and I are staying in a studio the week after Labor Day. A DVC friend of mine said they liked the Paddock but now I'm second guessing that choice for Congress Park since we will have access to a car and only using buses to and from MK. Pool is not super important, and we'll be dining out in the parks as we're out and about. We do have plans to visit DTD 1-2 times. Does Congress Park make the most sense? I'm just nervous about getting on an early enough bus to make our MK ressies!

We are new owners and SSR is going to be our first DVC stay. First, THANK YOU for the wealth of info! DH and I are staying in a studio the week after Labor Day. A DVC friend of mine said they liked the Paddock but now I'm second guessing that choice for Congress Park since we will have access to a car and only using buses to and from MK. Pool is not super important, and we'll be dining out in the parks as we're out and about. We do have plans to visit DTD 1-2 times. Does Congress Park make the most sense? I'm just nervous about getting on an early enough bus to make our MK ressies!

I think Congress does make the most sense as the bridge to walk to DTD is at Congress Park. You will be the 4th of the 5 bus stops but if you're only travelling to MK on the buses & doing so early for reservations you'll find a seat easily. We've had plenty of early seating times that has meant we needed to be at MK at or before 7 & the buses have always got us there promptly. So I would not worry for that.

Congress PArk has the least elaborately themed pool but it was pleasant & if that's not a huge factor for you then it'll do just fine for you.

I think Congress does make the most sense as the bridge to walk to DTD is at Congress Park. You will be the 4th of the 5 bus stops but if you're only travelling to MK on the buses & doing so early for reservations you'll find a seat easily. We've had plenty of early seating times that has meant we needed to be at MK at or before 7 & the buses have always got us there promptly. So I would not worry for that.

Congress PArk has the least elaborately themed pool but it was pleasant & if that's not a huge factor for you then it'll do just fine for you.
Thanks! That's kind of what we were thinking. Pool experience is not super important. We're doing more water parks than theme parks this time around (after not doing them for almost 10 years). Worst case scenario, we can always drive ourselves or walk to one of the first bus stops for those 2 days in MK.

Thanks again!

Thanks! That's kind of what we were thinking. Pool experience is not super important. We're doing more water parks than theme parks this time around (after not doing them for almost 10 years). Worst case scenario, we can always drive ourselves or walk to one of the first bus stops for those 2 days in MK.

Thanks again!

You'll be fine on the buses, they start running about 6am & anytime between then & about 7:30am you'll likely be the only, or one of a very select few, people on the bus. From say 8:30am onwards it becomes packed & probably standing room only by your stop.

We are staying at SSR for the first time in Sept. I noticed the spa has heated loungers. Are these a complimentary amenity or a pay per use? Any photos of the spa posted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter