SSR Lovers and Owners Part 3

Which bus stop at Saratoga Springs is closest to the walkway to downtown disney?

Thanks
There are several, actually. The "official" path connects the Congress Park section of SSR to the Marketplace at Downtown Disney. This is the location of the new bridge. However, if you're in the Springs or Grandstand, you'll be very close to a second path that leads to the parking lot right behind the Cirque du Soleil building in Downtown Disney's West Side. The path is behind the Carriage House near the golf course pro shop.

Congress Park has the added benefit of a Downtown Disney view from some of the buildings.

We are staying in a treehouse villa as our very first DVC visit since becoming members! I've read lots of wonderful information, thanks to everyone for sharing your time. My question is in regards to to what basic amenities we can find in DVC suites. Do I need to stop at the store for things like dishwashing or hand soap, coffee, filters, etc. I wonder if some of this is included (like it would be in a hotel suite) and if we are longer than a 4 day stay, which we are, does mousekeeping replenish these things. TIA! Liz
All DVC resorts are the same in this regard. The room will have one set of soap, shampoo, and conditioner in each bathroom. (Some resorts may also have lotion.) They'll replace these only on days when you have maid service. There will also be a small bottle of dish washing soap and a sponge in the kitchen or studio kitchenette.

The coffee maker will have a set-up for a single pot of coffee. After that, you're on your own.

Paper towels, toilet paper, and extra trash bags are provided. The maids will give you more of these if you ask. They'll also replenish on service days.

In one bedrooms and larger, there will be a single packet of detergent for the dish washer. The maids will give you more of this if you ask. There will also be a single box of laundry soap, but they will not replenish this. You only get it on check-in day.

All DVC resorts are the same in this regard. The room will have one set of soap, shampoo, and conditioner in each bathroom. (Some resorts may also have lotion.) They'll replace these only on days when you have maid service. There will also be a small bottle of dish washing soap and a sponge in the kitchen or studio kitchenette.

The coffee maker will have a set-up for a single pot of coffee. After that, you're on your own.

Paper towels, toilet paper, and extra trash bags are provided. The maids will give you more of these if you ask. They'll also replenish on service days.

In one bedrooms and larger, there will be a single packet of detergent for the dish washer. The maids will give you more of this if you ask. There will also be a single box of laundry soap, but they will not replenish this. You only get it on check-in day.

That's excellent info! Just a question on the coffee maker, is it a full size or 'hotel' size. Are they all the same filter type, perhaps I can bring our own.
Thanks Dave!!

The coffee maker uses the flat bottom basket Mr Coffee type of filter. We bring our own coffee and filters.

How's the bussing crowds/ wait times like lately. We're possibly doing a last minute sometime in May and I'm wondering if we'll have long or crowded waits (e.g. standing room only in the am or pm, etc... or 45 minute waits for a bus during the day)

Hello-- Thanks for a great thread. I have a couple of questions for the experts. I have a 2 bedroom villa booked directly thru Disney in July. Do I have to request a dedicated or is that what I have booked? Also after checkout, is there anywhere to take a shower before our evening flight??

Thanks for your help

Hello-- Thanks for a great thread. I have a couple of questions for the experts. I have a 2 bedroom villa booked directly thru Disney in July. Do I have to request a dedicated or is that what I have booked? Also after checkout, is there anywhere to take a shower before our evening flight??

Thanks for your help
At all DVC resorts, Dedicated and Lock-Off are different booking categories, not requests. If your reservation doesn't indicate one way or the other, it means you have a dedicated two bedroom.

Thanks for the answer on the 2 bedroom.... Do you know about availability of a shower after checkout ????

Wow! These pictures were all SOO beautiful!! Our first stay ever on Disney property was just in Febuary and we booked SSR cash through Disney and had an amazing time! We LOVED the resort! So much so that we came home and researched DVC and resale. Currently waiting for ROFR for this resort. Hoping we get it! Would love to go back and am inspired to try and take better pictures from all of your amazing ones. :)
Blessings!

...Also after checkout, is there anywhere to take a shower before our evening flight??

Thanks for your help
I believe you can take a shower in the fitness center's locker rooms. Your Magic Bands should work until the end of your check-out day.

Thanks birdsofpreydave for your helpful posts and replies to my questions, we had a great trip - and loved our location in SSR. So nice to stroll to DTD, loved the peace and quiet at our resort, and the grandkids loved the high rock springs
pool.

For the washing machine, I put some Tide pods in a sandwich bag and in another sandwich bag I put dryer sheets. I do not usually use the pods but they travel well and are not a problem with airlines. I probably wash more when I am there than at home. I throw a load in before we leave for the day and put them in the dryer when we are back for lunch or mid-day break.

I've been thinking about WDW and SSR a lot lately. It is our home resort, and we love it! We have stayed at SSR on numerous occasions and we always have a great trip. Since we have made a number of trips to WDW over the years, we do spend a lot of time at the resort, swimming, walking, relaxing, so the resort is important to us. SSR is a beautiful layout, where we can run, walk, and relax and enjoy our surroundings. As much as we liked the theme of AKV's - we felt the resort was fairly limited in terms of the grounds. I like being close to DTD as well. This past trip we rented bikes at VWL and rode on the bike trails over to Fort Wilderness, and loved it over there!
Not sure what are plans are for this year, but enjoyed seeing everyones pictures and discussion, I need an SSR fix after this long, brutal winter.

We just rented a two bedroom at SSR in June from Orbitz, if you are paying cash do you get daily maid service like you do when you book a regular room?

So I didn't see this addressed here and I was wondering if someone could show or describe to me where the nature path between SSR and OKW is. I would love to walk over to OKW on our last morning for breakfast at Olivia's.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter