SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
krmlaw said:
Cannot wait ! Booked our first SSR one bedroom. Thinking of requesting paddock as we have 4 year old. So glad I found this thread! We've stayed at WLV, AKV and beach club before. Can't wait to try SSR :cheer2:

Great! We love SSR! Your 4 year old will love the Paddock pool good choice! I hope you have a great vacation! When are you going?

Cannot wait ! Booked our first SSR one bedroom. Thinking of requesting paddock as we have 4 year old. So glad I found this thread! We've stayed at WLV, AKV and beach club before. Can't wait to try SSR :cheer2:

We have enjoyed our stays here. Please come back and tells us your thoughts.

Subscribing!! :cheer2:

Looking to change my OBX timeshare date and quickly checked Orlando area for a rare Disney pick-up. Found 1bdrm in 3rd week of August. Jumped on it. Here I am :goodvibes

DD's 4 and 11 will be so excited!! Hoping to stay in Paddock near the bridge but I am sure that is a popular request. Either way, the place looks beautiful.

Do most of you rent cars? We did when we stayed at Kidani and OKW but did not when we were at Coronado and the service was fine. We used the busses some at Kidani when we split up and were not impressed, esp with the MK busses. 20-25min wait, 20min drive. Takes a loooong time in the eyes of a then impatient 2 year old. :)

Suzanne74 said:

Looking to change my OBX timeshare date and quickly checked Orlando area for a rare Disney pick-up. Found 1bdrm in 3rd week of August. Jumped on it. Here I am :goodvibes

DD's 4 and 11 will be so excited!! Hoping to stay in Paddock near the bridge but I am sure that is a popular request. Either way, the place looks beautiful.

Do most of you rent cars? We did when we stayed at Kidani and OKW but did not when we were at Coronado and the service was fine. We used the busses some at Kidani when we split up and were not impressed, esp with the MK busses. 20-25min wait, 20min drive. Takes a loooong time in the eyes of a then impatient 2 year old. :)

Hi. Welcome! We always rent a car but we do stay for 2 weeks as we come over from the UK. We like to be able to go to walmart etc and get our breakfast supplies to have in the room. We also like to mix dining on and off property for variety and cost. We sometimes drive to the parks as it can be quicker but do use disney transport also. I am disabled so we do find the extra flexibility useful but being an easy walk to downtown disney or short bus ride with kids I can image SSR would be doable without a rental car. The Paddock or Grandstand gets our vote! Both pools are nice. But if we had kids The Paddock might be better.

We have stayed at the Paddock request a renovated room if possible. My boys like the pond and the fish more than the pool. LOL We used the buses and did not feel we were too far or too long of a drive except for when we went to AK then they thought we had got lost. Always there for rope drop and always got there on time. Car would be nice if we had a lot of extra time but unneeded for our family of 5. Enjoy!

We've started to get a car for every trip, but did many, many trips relying entirely on Disney transportation. The biggest convenience of the car is being able to do stuff off-site.

Aside from the occassional bus that doesn't show up within 20 minutes (which happens at every resort), I've never had a real issue with SSR transportation. I would think that if you didn't think Coronado was bad, you shouldn't have issues at SSR.

We are going to be staying at SSR over Spring Break. We are really looking forward to visiting this resort again; we haven't been since 2005. I read somewhere that Disney was going to start putting single serve coffee machines, like a Keurig, into the rooms at all resorts. I do not remember where or when I read this, but I was wondering what type of coffee machines are in the rooms at SSR. We have booked 2 studios there. I would love to bring some of my k-cups to use in the morning before heading to the parks.

TIA!

We are going to be staying at SSR over Spring Break. We are really looking forward to visiting this resort again; we haven't been since 2005. I read somewhere that Disney was going to start putting single serve coffee machines, like a Keurig, into the rooms at all resorts. I do not remember where or when I read this, but I was wondering what type of coffee machines are in the rooms at SSR. We have booked 2 studios there. I would love to bring some of my k-cups to use in the morning before heading to the parks.

TIA!
I've read the same thing over on the resort board, but haven't seen any of them in the DVC villas yet. Our SSR room still had the traditional glass pot coffee maker about a month ago.

That would be so nice to have in the rooms. That would be a useful upgrade in my book. Did they have the bedding changed out yet? We are going in June and would like to see both there.

krmlaw said:
any idea where in paddock i should request? or does it not matter much?

I would request one of the buildings adjacent to the Paddock Pool area. Last year we were one building removed & it always felt like a bit of a hike over to the pool area & bus stop.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Is there room in the 1 bedroom area for a kid size inflatable mattress? We are staying for a week and have a 3 and 11yr old. We will always put the 3yr old to sleep in the king bed to start but debating whether we would transfer her to a bed on the floor or just sleep with her in the middle. I can not see her and her 11yr old sharing the pullout. They both are very restless sleepers and I imagine a noisy mess. I would be fine with her in the middle, but again, the girl sleeps all over the place. Thinking an air mattress might give us more space. How bad is the pullout sofa? Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure you could fit an air mattress for your LO, certainly a toddler sized one, probably even a twin size easily.

Im tying to figure out where in the paddock area the new pool is when looking at a map. And when looking at the map how you walk to DTD

I'm coming to the RESORT!!!!!!!!! We just changed our reservations from POR, and rented some points to come to the SSR! I am excited!!!!!

Suzanne74 said:
Is there room in the 1 bedroom area for a kid size inflatable mattress? We are staying for a week and have a 3 and 11yr old. We will always put the 3yr old to sleep in the king bed to start but debating whether we would transfer her to a bed on the floor or just sleep with her in the middle. I can not see her and her 11yr old sharing the pullout. They both are very restless sleepers and I imagine a noisy mess. I would be fine with her in the middle, but again, the girl sleeps all over the place. Thinking an air mattress might give us more space. How bad is the pullout sofa? Thanks in advance!

There is plenty of space for an air mattress. I had all 3 little kids sleep in the bedroom with me, 2 in the king and1 on the floor. Worked perfectly. We just had extra blankets to make a little nest for him and he was fine. I prefer to not use the living room as a bedroom which is why they weren't on the pullout.

Im tying to figure out where in the paddock area the new pool is when looking at a map. And when looking at the map how you walk to DTD
When looking at the Paddock section from NW to SE, the pool is between the 2nd and 3rd buildings. The bridge across the lake leads almost directly to it.

The path to Downtown Disney is in the Congress Park section of the resort, along the water, following the contour of the lake in a clockwise direction.

Good Morning,

How hard is it to get a cab from the Congress Park section??

Thanks
~Nannette

nannette said:
Good Morning,

How hard is it to get a cab from the Congress Park section??

Thanks
~Nannette

Not hard at all, just hit the bell services button on your phone & bell will call the cab & send it around to the front of your building. If you are not leaving Disney property & bell is not busy, they might grab a van & drive you themselves. I have had that happen 2 or 3 times. If that is the case, I usually tip the bell guy approximately what the cab fare would have been. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter