SSR Lovers and Owners Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thanks Dannysmom! I have to get to Wide World of Sports for a game and the bus seems to take forever I'm told... so rather than rent a car I thought a cab might be the way to go.

Thanks again
~Nannette

Hi! My DD6 and I are looking into a quick resort only trip to SSR in April. We would be in a studio. She LOVES to swim, so I want to be near one of the water slides! I believe there are 2 great waterslides there, correct? Are they walking distance from one another? We plan to participate in the pool activites and also any other children's activities while we are there. Maybe even a boat ride to DTD.

If someone could give me a suggestion as where to request to stay that would be perfect.

Also, are there any booking categories for SSR?

Thank you! :flower3:

czmom said:
Hi! My DD6 and I are looking into a quick resort only trip to SSR in April. We would be in a studio. She LOVES to swim, so I want to be near one of the water slides! I believe there are 2 great waterslides there, correct? Are they walking distance from one another? We plan to participate in the pool activites and also any other children's activities while we are there. Maybe even a boat ride to DTD.

If someone could give me a suggestion as where to request to stay that would be perfect.

Thank you! :flower3:

The 2 water slides are at the High Rock Springs pool & the Paddock pool. You can easily walk between the 2 pools, about 5-10 minutes depending on pace. You could request either Springs or Paddock sections to be close to one of the main pool areas. The Springs section would be closer to Artists Palette and the boat launch to DTD.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

The 2 water slides are at the High Rock Springs pool & the Paddock pool. You can easily walk between the 2 pools, about 5-10 minutes depending on pace. You could request either Springs or Paddock sections to be close to one of the main pool areas. The Springs section would be closer to Artists Palette and the boat launch to DTD.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Would both of these sections still be easily accessible to the community hall?

The community hall is right next to the Springs pool. We spent a couple of hours at the Paddock pool (kids loved it) and then moved over to the Springs pool, and the kids enjoyed the slides at both. The Springs pool is much larger and it was cold! DD swam but DH and DS went to the community hall to play ping pong instead.

One more question...you have all been so helpful! We are going in April. Will the Springs and Paddock rooms all be rennovated by then?

ETA: nevermind, I found the answer! :)

New question...Does SSR typically honor requests?

czmom said:
One more question...you have all been so helpful! We are going in April. Will the Springs and Paddock rooms all be rennovated by then?

ETA: nevermind, I found the answer! :)

New question...Does SSR typically honor requests?

Hi nice to meet you. May I chip in? We have had our requests meet about 50% of the time. We go once a year in Sep or October. OP might have different experiences. I do book an accessible room though which is always honoured and this may influence which blocks they can allocate and have limited supply. We have always found the staff at SSR outstanding. We have never had anything less than we requested. If they did not grant it we generally got something better! Enjoy.

Another question regarding room request... I know it is just that a room request. I can now do online check in, but I know some don't recommended it if you have a room request this way if it isn't a room you want you can ask to have it changed... that said would you recommend online check in, or does SSR work like other resorts where I should wait until I arrive to do check in??

~Nannette

No, there are no booking categories at SSR.

We have had our requests meet about 50% of the time... I do book an accessible room though which is always honoured and this may influence which blocks they can allocate and have limited supply.
I think the HA room is what's probably having the most influence over getting your other requests. There are only a limited number of them. In all the times we've stayed at SSR, I can't remember a single stay where we didn't get exactly what we asked for.

We always have very general requests, though. We'll ask for the top floor and a specific section of the resort. If you're asking for a specific building or a specific room, even, you're chances of getting it go way down.

Another question regarding room request... I know it is just that a room request. I can now do online check in, but I know some don't recommended it if you have a room request this way if it isn't a room you want you can ask to have it changed... that said would you recommend online check in, or does SSR work like other resorts where I should wait until I arrive to do check in??
It certainly doesn't hurt to have the waitlist request annotated on the booking by Member Services. It's sure to be seen in this case. Doing this also gives you more flexibility in what you ask for. The online check-in options are very basic.

Thanks BirdsofPrey... I will wait and check in once there since I'm arriving by 9 and don't care if I have to wait longer for a room. I'm really hoping for a upper floor with a dtd view... I did make that request so hopefully I get it!

~Nannette

Hey all!

Heading back to SSR late this week after not staying there for years. I'm hoping to get something in Congress Park or The Grandstand just to be near the main building. Anyway, what renovations are happening right now? I saw a previous post mention it, but wasn't sure where this was happening.

When looking at the Paddock section from NW to SE, the pool is between the 2nd and 3rd buildings. The bridge across the lake leads almost directly to it.

The path to Downtown Disney is in the Congress Park section of the resort, along the water, following the contour of the lake in a clockwise direction.

Thanks! Im going to request to be in one of the two buildings on either side of the bridge! :cheer2: fingers crossed~

I am thinking of visiting a water park during our stay in April. We will not have a car, and solely using Disney transportation.
How hard will it be to get to Bilizzard Beach?
Would Typhoon Lagoon be any easier since it is closer?

Thank you!

czmom said:
I am thinking of visiting a water park during our stay in April. We will not have a car, and solely using Disney transportation.
How hard will it be to get to Bilizzard Beach?
Would Typhoon Lagoon be any easier since it is closer?

Thank you!

Extremely easy as you'll simply get on the bus to blizzard beach. It shares a bus with animal kingdom. just make sure to bring towels.

Here at SSR right now and lucked out to get one of the newly renovated rooms! It's really nice, and I love the little motifs of Disney horses and the Fox and the Hound. The only complaint I do have is that anyone who is given a room in The Paddock section should be driven over by Bell Services. This was not something mentioned during check-in, and this section really is a large distance from Carriage House. It was not easy to find my building, and I've stayed at this resort a few times before. Thank goodness I used ME for my luggage. I can't imagine lugging it all the way over here. I think Disney should really consider this moving forward.

I was hoping with the refurb that the king bed would get a bedside table by both sides. Every year DW and I get more inventive of how to fit a small platform or such like to place a cup of water on the side that does not have the telephone table. So far the upside down trash can seems to be the best option!

Paula Sedley-Burke said:
I was hoping with the refurb that the king bed would get a bedside table by both sides. Every year DW and I get more inventive of how to fit a small platform or such like to place a cup of water on the side that does not have the telephone table. So far the upside down trash can seems to be the best option!

There is a desk on the other side of the bed in the 1and 2 bedrooms. Are you talking about a studio?

delmar411 said:
There is a desk on the other side of the bed in the 1and 2 bedrooms. Are you talking about a studio?

Yes we only have enough points for a studio. Its just the two of us anyway and we have an accessible room. But I think its the same for all studios at SSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter