• 2nd choice

• 3rd Choice

• 4th Choice

• One of my last options

• No way I'm not staying at SSR I will move my vacation first

Results are only viewable after voting.

culli

DIS Veteran
I have read more and more threads about how great SSR is and wondering who has SSR as their first option when staying at WDW. Or is it a 2nd, 3rd.......etc option, as we can still love SSR but it might still not be the first choice. I want to see how many people have SSR as their bar none favorite and book that way!

As we own there we always book at the 11month mark.

Now we are moving around right now as we want to try all the DVC resorts but have stayed 2 times at SSR and really do like it.

I think the next time we do a trip with Family and need a 2bdrm we will try to get a THV and if we do will not be moving that anywhere.

So yes it was our Resort of choice not only for the great savings we got but also where we like to call Home.

In fairness I really love the place but it is my 4th option due to walking to the park options. My choices are:

1 BCV
2 BLT
3 BWV
4 SSR
5 VWL
6 OKW
7 AKV

No I book at SSR at 11 month than at 7 will try to switch. When kids get older and riding buses won't be so dramatic SSR will move up the list.

We like SSR just fine, its just that we like some of the other properties more. It certainly wouldn't be the end of the world if we stay there though. :goodvibes

We own at and love SSR. It will likely be our choice for most trips - we just find the atmosphere relaxing and peaceful, and enjoy the proximity to DTD.

Someday, if we can get availability at BLT, we would like to try booking there, as the Contemporary was always one of our favorite resorts.

We like OKW, but SSR holds an edge. We find the crowds at the pool at Stormalong Bay unappealing, and the clown pool puts me off. Maybe a winter visit at one of those resorts sometime.

SSR makes us happy :goodvibes

I put down 2nd choice but that is really only if it is other than a studio. For studio reservations it is usually my first choice. OKW is my favorite for anything else. I own at OKW, SSR and BCV and usually end up using the BCV points at one of the other two.

We own at our 2 favorite resorts and stay at one or the other, often doing a split stay so we can stay at both!

I put it as my first choice, but I always do split stays. My next trip will be at BLT and SSR. My trip next May will be split between AKL and SSR.

Always book SSR at 11 month window then waitlist two other resorts. If the waitlists don't come through, we're totally happy at SSR!

I had a hard time deciding whether it's #1 or #2, because I dearly love SSR and OKW. :cloud9: However, I give SSR a slight edge because of DTD and the decor. There's just something about these resorts that reminds me more of home, and less of a hotel. :thumbsup2

the 1st two years of being DVC SSR has been the 1st choice... since it is my home I booked at 11 month mark and thats it... but now I am moving around and trying other resorts... just like a few of previous poster I book the 11th month mark and at 7th month I try other resorts if it is available great if on the waitlist still great if the waitlist is a bust it is still great!!!

Love the Congress and the quiet pool :thumbsup2

now I am bouncing between BWV and AKV Jambo... and maybe/hopefully next year get to try WLV...

I selected my last option, not because we don't like SSR, but because we want to try and stay at all of the DVC resorts. We will be adding on a lot more points at some time in the future, so want to be completely sure of which additional resorts we will be happy calling home. We love SSR, but have stayed there lots of times already. We also have plenty of points there, so will definately not add on there.

ok, our home at BWV is truly our 1st option.

We would like to eventually try some of the other resorts IF they are available. At this point, we would definitely take one of the others over SSR, because well...you can get SSR anytime right, or almost.

In a way, SSR is probably our 2nd option, because we would like to be able to go somewhat spur of the moment, (plan 2-3 months out).

SSR does have a lot going for it. Popularity is not one of those things.

It is our last choice, it just doesn't do much for us. It looks a little to much like home, But we feel the same way about VWL. I doubt we will ever stay there.

It's our home resort and we prefer SSR for weeklong trips. Like the fact it has many GV's, was able to book one for this Thanksgiving.

For our shorter trips, which are more in non-major holiday times, that's when we try other resorts. We've done VWL.BCV, and BWV.

Everyone can agree that a BW view is our favorite after SSR, not sure we would like BWV with a pref. view.

I think BCV might be second, just on location and the pool. Our room there was in more need of rehabbing than our's at BWV.

DH and the boys could care less if they ever stayed at VWL again,

AKV, doesn't seem to get anyone very excited when I mention it, animals so what and the bus ride out there is long(the boys). I would only book if I could get a SV villa.

BLT seems to be the next one to try.

So summarizing, if we couldn't get a BW view or BLT, we would rather stay at SSR.

Though our absolute favorite DVC resort is Vero Beach. The boys(8&12) given the choice would rather go there than WDW.

To me, SSR has all the disadvantages (for me) of OKW without any of the advantages of giant rooms and super-low point prices.

For example, a one bedroom at SSR has 1070 square feet and costs 25 points weeknights during Dream season, or 42.8 feet per point. The OKW one bedroom has 1395 square feet and costs 20 points weeknights during Dream season, or 69.75 feet per point. So SSR costs 1.63 times more than OKW for essentially the same type of resort, so if you want to stay in a spread-out resort, why pay more for less?

I should note that OKW really isn't the resort for me, either, although I might try it against if I had a unit near the HH. I just prefer a compact resort, with walking distance a bonus. It's a pretty resort, though, and SSR is a pretty resort, too. I just think SSR is a poor value when compared with OKW.

I own at BWV and love the easy access to EPCOT and the activities of the Boardwalk. The jury is still out on BLT in that I'm not sure I will like it better than BWV. If I do, it will be because it still has good access to EPCOT and also access to the restaurants, bars, pooks and arcades at the MK resorts. The MK walking access is a real bonus but not what I see as the real benefit of BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter