Squirts, Shirts, and Flirts, The Legend Continues 2 weeks in FW(wrap up #2 new 11-17)

yeah that second day was nice, knocking off IN, then KY, then TN, and getting into GA...CA is a long state i would have to drive it all, but i bet there are bunch of great sites along the way, especially if you go up the coast

i guess she does love it that much, cool to take it with you, but i would have it in a cage so it cant get all over.

You would LOVE CA.

Funny about your dad "needing" to get there in the morning...it does make sense though...from a RV park perspective.

Sounds like a good travel day

That is a riot about the lady and her parrot :laughing:

Bummer u missed the shot of the bear,but sound really cool :thumbsup2

I just found your TR... looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures! Parker is sure a cutie! :)

D~

Subbing! I also just subscribed to glennbo123's report, so I can read them in parallel. Going back to read now...

Edited to add:

My first experience with Disney World, back in 1978, was at Fort Wilderness! I'm curious to read your review, to see how much it has changed in 32 years...

Wow! That water was crazy! I hate driving in rain like that. It is nice that they had a rec center. Parker looks like he had a lot of fun.

how cute is he running towards his mama!

How did Parker do sitting in the truck for that long drive? We are leaving in less than a month for a 16 hr drive to Canada which we will break up in two days up and back...but I am worried about Caleb. Thats a long time to sit in his car seat and not get up and move....especially for a 21 month old! I have lots of toys and videos and a table tray thing I want go get for him. HE is normally pretty good in his car seat but this is a lot longer than he has ever sat in it!

lesson learned: dont let wife take pictures of a moving welcome to state sign

DSC00696.jpg

The ones in the previous installment were so good I was wondering it you had driven back to make sure you got a good picture. I guess means "no".

you will notice my dancing skills while playing ping pong with him, well that is because i found the switch that turned on the disco ball above my head, which i turned on and tried to get parker to dance which he just looked at me and laughed.
DSC01303.jpg

:laughing:

You're no "Jordan doing The Robot", but you probably did all right.

Getting there is half the fun. What a great family road trip.

So funny, I was eating a chicken salad sandwich and chips when I read what you had for lunch at the rest stop! :lmao:

you will notice my dancing skills while playing ping pong with him, well that is because i found the switch that turned on the disco ball above my head, which i turned on and tried to get parker to dance which he just looked at me and laughed.

I can't imagine why :rotfl2:

Hey Dan,

I am all caught up. Ok that bird would have freaked me out.

The pimple was kind of cool, glad you caught it in time.

The rests along the way are good.

Congrats on Hawaii, I would love to go there.

:banana: we are almost at Disney, his reasoning for not going that day does make sense.

It sounds like you stopped on your second travel day down around the same place that we stopped on our first travel day back! We stopped in Kennesaw (sp??), GA - sound familiar? Your dad knows what he's thinking...I'm telling you, the traffic around Atlanta wasn't pretty. My DH enjoyed watching the planes, too...problem was, he was driving, so I had to keep an eye on him. :eek:

Parker looks like he traveled pretty well! Aren't rest stops great places to let them run a bit? Except that the one we stopped at in GA had dog poop all over it, so I ran around behind Will trying to make sure he stayed somewhat clean. :headache:

Can't wait to hear about the arrival and see pics of Ft. Wilderness - I've never been over there.

You would LOVE CA.
do you have any connections on cheaper tickets for the parks? 1 day passes are kinda steap unless you are there longer and can get teh discounted rates...i really liked our trip there when we went in 1992.

another thing we have talked alot about doing is taking the amtrac train routes, they have on that goes to LA from chicago and another one that goes from chicago to Sanfransico, they have alot of great stops along the way so that might be something we do sometime as well.

Funny about your dad "needing" to get there in the morning...it does make sense though...from a RV park perspective.
yeah, it was tough stopping early evening that day being that close, but i understand him wanting to get there early morning to get the picking of the site he wants. not sure how i would do it when we take our trailer down there, i would prob want to get there and keep going.

Sounds like a good travel day

That is a riot about the lady and her parrot :laughing:

Bummer u missed the shot of the bear,but sound really cool :thumbsup2
when we saw that i said to candi, see we could not have seen that from an airplane, she said
"yeah but i would have been there already and having fun if we flew"

i said yeah i know.
:laughing:
I just found your TR... looking forward to hearing about the rest of your adventures! Parker is sure a cutie! :)

D~
:welcome: glad you joined us. thanks for the kind words :)

Subbing! I also just subscribed to glennbo123's report, so I can read them in parallel. Going back to read now...

Edited to add:

My first experience with Disney World, back in 1978, was at Fort Wilderness! I'm curious to read your review, to see how much it has changed in 32 years...
:welcome: as well, thanks for using glenn to get over here, hope he does not expect me to pay him for all these people coming over.
i will make an appearance shortly in his report.:thumbsup2

i hope to have a bunch of pictures for you to see how the fort looks now.

Wow! That water was crazy! I hate driving in rain like that. It is nice that they had a rec center. Parker looks like he had a lot of fun.

it was crazy with how fast it came down, it did not have any time to get off the road.
he had a blast there, he loved playing with the inside shuffleboard thing they had, he would throw them down to me and have me slide them back to him

how cute is he running towards his mama!

How did Parker do sitting in the truck for that long drive? We are leaving in less than a month for a 16 hr drive to Canada which we will break up in two days up and back...but I am worried about Caleb. Thats a long time to sit in his car seat and not get up and move....especially for a 21 month old! I have lots of toys and videos and a table tray thing I want go get for him. HE is normally pretty good in his car seat but this is a lot longer than he has ever sat in it!
he gets so excited when he sees her (or me) even when we are only gone for a short time, it is very cute and tugs at your heart.

he did actually very good. we had the gifts that you saw in a few of the pictures, that we had wrapped up and gave to him along the trip or when he would start to act like he was bored or antsy...

another good thing we did was try and stop for rest park stops every so often, and then make the gas stops seperate from those a little while later, and lunch stops between those, so most of the time it was every 2 hours we were stopping, we actually only had to the DVD player one time on the way down.

hope some of those tips helped.

How does that joke go? Does a parrot poop in the car?

Looked like a fun travel day.
sounds like a joke yeahaw bob would tell. :laughing:

The ones in the previous installment were so good I was wondering it you had driven back to make sure you got a good picture. I guess means "no".

You're no "Jordan doing The Robot", but you probably did all right.
nope the first states were taken on the drive without stopping, they were just taken by me, and my profffesional skills. :laughing:

no one can touch jordan and his robot skills, notice you have never seen a picture of jordan with his shirt off and seen his back, that is where the access panel is to his robot controls.

Getting there is half the fun. What a great family road trip.

So funny, I was eating a chicken salad sandwich and chips when I read what you had for lunch at the rest stop! :lmao:
i love me some homemade chicken salad, we put some ranch seasoning in it when we make it, we get the giant jar of that seasoning at sams club, we use it in alot of stuff, its very good.

road trips are fun, but when you are going to disney you just want to get there

I can't imagine why :rotfl2:
he does laugh at me alot. :rolleyes1

but then again most people do. :lmao:

Hey Dan,

I am all caught up. Ok that bird would have freaked me out.

The pimple was kind of cool, glad you caught it in time.

The rests along the way are good.

Congrats on Hawaii, I would love to go there.

:banana: we are almost at Disney, his reasoning for not going that day does make sense.
the rests were good along the way and really did not take that long, most days when we started out and looked at the projected arrival time for taht evening, with all the stops and meals, we would actually arrive about 2 hours later than it originally said that morning.

thanks, i am very excited to go there, i see in your signature that you are now booked on a cruise, thats awesome, i would love to do that one day as well. did you look into doing any other lines besides disney? from what i have seen it looks like some can be alot cheaper than disney, although you dont get that disney experience not sure what i would do.

It sounds like you stopped on your second travel day down around the same place that we stopped on our first travel day back! We stopped in Kennesaw (sp??), GA - sound familiar? Your dad knows what he's thinking...I'm telling you, the traffic around Atlanta wasn't pretty. My DH enjoyed watching the planes, too...problem was, he was driving, so I had to keep an eye on him. :eek:

Parker looks like he traveled pretty well! Aren't rest stops great places to let them run a bit? Except that the one we stopped at in GA had dog poop all over it, so I ran around behind Will trying to make sure he stayed somewhat clean. :headache:

Can't wait to hear about the arrival and see pics of Ft. Wilderness - I've never been over there.

i think the town we stayed in was adairsville? that sounds familiar to me. that same thing happens to me when we travel down I-65 and see the wind farms, candi has to yell at me to watch the road, those things suck you in and you just keep staring at them spinning around.

they are good, most that we went to had seperate areas for the dogs to run, so we did not see much dog poop out there.

the arrival will be the next chapter,:surfweb:i think you will enjoy the pics, it really is a fun place.

I love road trips!! Did the lady really have a perch in the front seat for the parrot? :eek: Wow - that's called eccentric!!

I love the picture of Parker running towards his mom! So sweet! :cloud9:
I remember those days! My son is sixteen now and running away from me most days!! :lmao: Parker looks like he's very close to grandma and grandpa too!

Great update of a pretty "uneventful" day. Well, except for beating your dad at ping pong, skinned knees, Disco balls, and pool time. Oh yeah, and Georgia peaches...

Okay, had some time so I'm all caught up now! :woohoo:

we are booked,.....

what for you may ask, well another trip next year...

to disney you may ask....

Nope,
not disney

but somewhere just as fun

HAWAII

DW and I went to Hawaii years ago (pre-kids). We were on Oahu and the Big Island. I always heard Maui was one of the prettiest islands there. I can't imagine it being any prettier than what we saw, so you should be in for a treat. Hope you have a great trip.

This trip sounds like some of the ones we took as a kid. My dad would plan our stops along the way based on not wanting to do traffic in certain areas too.

For me, I'm just impatient and want to get there to maximize the amount of time there. I can't imagine stopping along the way to WDW (and sometimes the family is sitting there with their legs crossed, wondering if I ever will),:rotfl2: but then again, it is only about a 9 hour drive for us. I do plan departure times and break times based on NOT hitting traffic in certain areas at certain times, especially Atlanta.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter