• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring "What are you reading?" Book Thread

I had to put down True Colors by Doris Mortman. By page 178 out of 601, I began skipping paragraphs so I knew that I just wasn't interested in this book. It's going in the "take to the used book store pile".

I've begun Vision in White by Nora Roberts. It's more to my liking!

i am reading the Child of the Prophecy (The Sevenwaters trilogy) and I'm really enjoying them. Maybe enjoying them too much since I stayed up too late finishing one up last night! :rotfl:

Outlander fans please help me continue I'm on about page 50 something PLEASE tell me it gets better!

Outlander fans please help me continue I'm on about page 50 something PLEASE tell me it gets better!

I know what you mean - had a little trouble getting into the book also BUT then.....

It gets BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER - Claire and Jamie are two of the best characters written.........:love::love::love:

I have made it through the first 4 books and it is well worth the adventure:banana::banana::banana:

Hang in there------once they are together the pace will pick up...

Have read the whole Sookie Stackhouse series - love them!! (favorite character = ERIC!) Also loved the Black Daggar Brotherhood series!! (favorite character = Zsadist) Just started book one of the Nightwalker series - not so sure yet, but we'll see?

I've read the Sooki Stackhouse series also, loved them all!! My favorite is Eric too.

The finished The Passage - great book, can't wait for the next one - and am almost finished with Handle with Care. I have a few on my nook, so not sure what the next will be..maybe Water for Elephants or one of the free classics I downloaded.

Have read first 2 books of Hunger Games with DD12, waiting for book 3 from library, good series. Just finished reading Mira Grant, Feed, it's a similar concept to Hunger Games, post "event" world, in this case post zombie outbreak. It was an awesome book, I highly recommend it and have DD12 reading it now. I have read a lot of books this summer most I wouldn't discourage you from reading but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend them either they were good and fun but not rave worthy. Here's an older book its YA, Un-Lun-Dun by China Melville, great book.

For any dog lover or anyone who reads juvenile fiction, check out "Flawed Dogs" by Berkeley Breathed. There's a gorgeous picture book as well, but I'm referring to the novel. This book was the pick of the month for our staff meeting (I work at the library) and was written by the creator of Bloom County (think Opus!). This book had me near tears in the first ten pages, and laughing the next. Strong plot, original voice, a fantastic read to share with a elementary/middle schooler or to enjoy on your own. The book concentrates on the obstacle-filled life of a dachshund who's been separated from his human. Hilarious and heartwrenching.

I have not recommended this book to any adults who didn't thoroughly enjoy it. Check it out!

I'm reading the "Remember" by Karen Kingsbury. It's her 2nd book in the Redemption series. I :love: it!

I know what you mean - had a little trouble getting into the book also BUT then.....

It gets BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER - Claire and Jamie are two of the best characters written.........:love::love::love:

I have made it through the first 4 books and it is well worth the adventure:banana::banana::banana:

Hang in there------once they are together the pace will pick up...

Thank you for this. My friend was talking about a series she was reading and really liked. She never told me the names just the plot. This is that series. I am trying a sample on my Kindle tonight!!! So excited to try it.

I love dog books too! I read Merle's Door: Lessons from a Freethinking Dog a year or so ago and it was very good. Dog stories never end well though. I'm usually sobbing at the end like with Marley and Me. Soo good but so sad.

Have you read The Story of Edgar Sawtelle? Very good book, about dogs. Kind of.

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts. Book 3 of the Bride Quartet.

Loved these books! i can not wait for the 4th! this series was the first time i have read noras books. even though i loved the books, i dont think i will read anymore of her books. i am reading the crying tree by naseem rakha. very very sad book, i cry everytime i read it.

I want to read both Passage and the Hunger Games series..need to wait until they are in small paperback size to get them for free...soooo....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter