Spring Break Resort Hunting...HELP!

anotheryou

Earning My Ears
I am planning a trip to Orlando with four friends in March (8-15) for spring break and I am looking for a resort that best fits our needs.

-SIZE. We are looking for a villa/condo unit, with either a 1- or 2-BR layout.

-BUDGET. We are looking to spend no more than $800 total for the week. I have searched around on bidshares, redweek, vacationtimesharerentals, etc. and I have seen that this is a possible goal for a fairly decent off-property resort.

-NICE POOL(S). We will be spending a lot of time at the resort, particularly at the pool(s), so clean, nicely landscaped pools are important.

-TRANSPORTATION TO DISNEY. It doesn't have to be free, but we won't have a car, so we need some way (preferrably not taxis) to get to DTD, at least.

So far I have Vistana and Bonnet Creek on my list. Is there anywhere else I should look? Are there any great budget sites I should be checking?

Thank you so much!

www.condodirect.com
www.tug2.net
www.myresortnetwork.com

also compare to
www.hotelkingdom.com
www.hotelmartusa.com

and later on - www.skyauction.com - right now they have nothing for Florida for spring break - but they will have some later.

You would also like Cypress Pointe - the problem here would be transportation. also restuarant and grocery store, Winnie Dixie easy walking distance.

It is close to DD - walking distance if you are young. If older - well it is better to rent a car for offsite.

I am planning a trip to Orlando with four friends in March (8-15) for spring break... either a 1- or 2-BR layout.

1BRs at most resorts only accommodate up to 4 people total. So if there will be 5 of you, you'll need a 2BR. This is definitely so at Vistana and Bonnet Creek, and all the nicer resorts in the area.

Wyndham resorts all require the primary person checking in to be at least 21 years old, with photo ID and major credit card for security imprint. Some require a minimum age of 23, though I don't know the specific age requirement at Wyndham Bonnet Creek.

This is the same at most resorts in the area. Since you mentioned spring break, I wasn't sure if this affects you but mention it, just in case. If the age is not an issue for you, you may want to add Cypress Pointe/Cypress Pointe Grandvillas to your list (with Vistana Resort and Bonnet Creek). It's located under a mile from the end of Hotel Plaza Blvd and about 2-2.5 miles from DTD. CP is often available at reasonable rates from HotelKingdom.com, if you cannot find an owner rental week. It has a couple very pleasant pool areas and other nice amenities.

...we won't have a car, so we need some way (preferrably not taxis) to get to DTD, at least.

Lack of a car is usually the main reason I encourage people to stay onsite. That's outside of your suggested budget for 5 people. So you may want to look into larger hotel rooms in the DTD area, perhaps with a rollaway bed. A Lake Buena Vista address will assure you that you will be within a couple miles of the DTD area for an easy, short taxi ride. HTH!

You're looking VERY late if you're talking about Spring 08. Most of the best resorts have been booked for several months by now. There are always last minute cancellations, but if you find anything acceptable, you better grab it, especially if you need a 2br unit.

Sheila

Thank you very much! I looked into Cypress Pointe and it looks pretty good. I found a 2 BR the week I am looking for for $650...is this a pretty good price for this resort? How does this resort compare to Vistana and Bonnet Creek?

Also, is it actually possible to walk to DTD? I have no problems walking up to 1.5-2 miles to get there. Last year we stayed at Parkway International and had to rely on the Lynx, which was certainly doable but less than ideal. Also, if we did take a cab to DTD, how much do you think that might be?

Thanks!

Cypress is definitely around 2 miles from DD.

once you get to the DTD hotels - the walk is very easy - pretty flat.

the only area I would be considered about is where 535 meets Apopke-vineland - so might wait until after this to cross the street.

Sheraton Safari is even closer - but again it is a hotel room.

if you need a kitchen I would go with CP.

there 2-bedroom is definitely smaller than BC or SV - but you can easily walk to places. BC you can't easily walk to anything.

SV you can walk but it is on the busier side of 535 - plus you have to find a way to walk under I4 - I haven't seem any sidewalk there?

It is also close to the postoffice.

but still I would go with a car rental - or is someone driving their car to Orlando?

for offsite in general you really need a car.

here is their website
www.cypresspointe.net

or the other side
www.cypresspointe2.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter