• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Break on the Dream! April 10-15 2012

Enjoyed your TR very much! Although we are booked on a "classic" ship next (Magic), I am storing up the tips for the new ships.

I saw that you said that you had Vijay as your server. Did you happen to take any pics with him? We had a Vijay from India as our server on the Wonder in 2008. He was awesome! My younger daughter was three at that point and not into nuggets or mac and cheese or much of anything, really. She just wanted pasta. Plain pasta. He managed to procure it for her from somewhere each night and he knew her name and he would come and ask her "Lina, are you eating your noodles?" all the time. I don't know why, but 4 years later, that is still a family catch phrase!

Anyway, to make a long story short(er), I was wondering if he is the same Vijay!

Enjoyed your TR very much! Although we are booked on a "classic" ship next (Magic), I am storing up the tips for the new ships.

I saw that you said that you had Vijay as your server. Did you happen to take any pics with him? We had a Vijay from India as our server on the Wonder in 2008. He was awesome! My younger daughter was three at that point and not into nuggets or mac and cheese or much of anything, really. She just wanted pasta. Plain pasta. He managed to procure it for her from somewhere each night and he knew her name and he would come and ask her "Lina, are you eating your noodles?" all the time. I don't know why, but 4 years later, that is still a family catch phrase!

Anyway, to make a long story short(er), I was wondering if he is the same Vijay!

Sorry, I didn't get any pics of the servers.

Love it, "are you eating your noodles"! My daughter is a total "buttered noodle" lover, and would eat them every day. On vacation we try to make her branch out and try new foods. We don't always succeed, but we try!

I told DH this story, and he said "I could totally imagine our waiter saying that". I bet it was the same Vijay!

Links to TR's from two others who were on the same cruise. If you know of other TR's from this cruise, let me know and I'll add a link for them.

Pudge Controls the Weather (still in progress as of today 5/9/2012)

Spring Break Dream

Hey girl !!! Thanks for the plug on my TR !! Congrats on your B2B cruise !! I know you are excited !!

Tell Tim to quit gloating on the Biggest Loser .... pout. JK. I am just glad I got off the BOTTOM of the list. Hope to see some lower numbers this week !!!

What a great trip report! Sounds like you all had a great time - especially your little princess! Tell me how you did your Mickey Tie Dye tshirts! Did you use a bleach pen to do the Mickey? I tried the Tie-Dye Mickey and it didn't come out that great. Id love to do something like your shirts for pirate night!

What a great trip report! Sounds like you all had a great time - especially your little princess! Tell me how you did your Mickey Tie Dye tshirts! Did you use a bleach pen to do the Mickey? I tried the Tie-Dye Mickey and it didn't come out that great. Id love to do something like your shirts for pirate night!

I did use a bleach pen to do my Mickeys - I think they turned out okay for my first attempt. I found very detailed instructions for the tie dye here on the boards. I "cheated" and used 50/50 shirts from Michael's (cheap and easier than ordering 100% cotton on-line) and I used Tulip brand dye that comes with a squeeze bottle. It took a LOT of dye (like nearly a whole bottle of red and a whole bottle of blue for each shirt), and even still I had plenty of white in my shirts (which was okay with me, white was my "third" color). I did eight of them originally (worn by the family on our first Disney cruise in June 2011), and just "recycled" ours for this cruise.

Now that the B2B is booked, I have reason to try again. I'm thinking "Caribbean" colors, turquoise with blues and greens...

Did you stitch the Mickey in at all or just tie dye the shirt and bleach the Mickey in the middle in at the end? When I tried it the first time I did the whole stitching and dyeing thing the Mickey head KIND of came out but I had a lot of white around it so bleaching wouldn't have helped :(. I'm thinking red and black for Pirate night. Ive never gotten my family to do the whole matching shirts thingy so I REALLY want this to work.

and hey... check out my new ticker...

So much for a "dummy" date. We went and made it "for real", and then some! We booked a back-to-back, a 4 night, followed by a 3 night, for the last week of August. Hopefully the in-laws can join us for one of the two cruises.

so how soon is too soon for a PTR (which by the way, I have never done before)...

459 days until my next Disney cruise...

Did you stitch the Mickey in at all or just tie dye the shirt and bleach the Mickey in the middle in at the end? When I tried it the first time I did the whole stitching and dyeing thing the Mickey head KIND of came out but I had a lot of white around it so bleaching wouldn't have helped :(. I'm thinking red and black for Pirate night. Ive never gotten my family to do the whole matching shirts thingy so I REALLY want this to work.

Love the shirts, BTW! I'm thinking about trying it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter