• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Advantage 2013?

Hi, my name is Taylor and I am planning on applying for spring 2013. I am nervous about the application process. Is it hard to get in? Also, I have very little work experience but I have volunteer experience, will this affect my chances of getting in? I hope to work in merchandise, vacation planning, or concierge.

Not having work experience won't be a reason for not getting in (my first CP was my first job ever).

Joanna71985 said:
Not having work experience won't be a reason for not getting in (my first CP was my first job ever).

I wouldn't necessarily say that anymore Joanna. You did your first CP awhile ago, and the economy is even worse. I met very few people who didn't have experience of some sort already, except a few in entertainment.

Of course it's not impossible, especially if you get in to something like Entertainment. And even experience from volunteering is something. You don't have to be paid to gain experience.

I wouldn't necessarily say that anymore Joanna. You did your first CP awhile ago, and the economy is even worse. I met very few people who didn't have experience of some sort already, except a few in entertainment.

Of course it's not impossible, especially if you get in to something like Entertainment. And even experience from volunteering is something. You don't have to be paid to gain experience.

I think what's important to keep in mind is someone's outlook. If the interviewer can deduce that the person they are speaking to will treat Guests well, loves Disney, and can work hard and are responsible, that person stands a very good chance. People just tend to learn this more with work experience, but that isn't an end-all be-all.

aznshents said:
I think what's important to keep in mind is someone's outlook. If the interviewer can deduce that the person they are speaking to will treat Guests well, loves Disney, and can work hard and are responsible, that person stands a very good chance. People just tend to learn this more with work experience, but that isn't an end-all be-all.

Oh, I agree. All I was saying is that people who don't have experience really need to impress them else where. It's harder when you don't have any qualifying work experience, and you really have to push for them to realize how you, as a CM, can benefit the company. A few years ago, this wouldn't have been as necessary.

ladypage said:
Oh, I agree. All I was saying is that people who don't have experience really need to impress them else where. It's harder when you don't have any qualifying work experience, and you really have to push for them to realize how you, as a CM, can benefit the company. A few years ago, this wouldn't have been as necessary.

I completely agree with both of you. The only jobs I do that I get paid are babysitting jobs. Some of the volunteer activities I do are I run a concession stand during school sporting events, I teach at summer camps, and help at the grade school in my town during the summer and school breaks, so I have interaction with people, it just is volunteer work. I think I'm going to try to get a job during this semester though.

I completely agree with both of you. The only jobs I do that I get paid are babysitting jobs. Some of the volunteer activities I do are I run a concession stand during school sporting events, I teach at summer camps, and help at the grade school in my town during the summer and school breaks, so I have interaction with people, it just is volunteer work. I think I'm going to try to get a job during this semester though.

Even if you don't get paid for it, that's still experience though, and it's all how you sell it. Working with kids will be a big plus I would think.

Ok, this has probably been asked EVERYWHERE on the college boards, but I do have a question about the application/web interview process. Everything I've read that has been posted recently says something about the phone interview (like how you have to present yourself to the interviewer). But what I can't find (unless I sat at my computer for hours) is some advice/insight/experience about the web interview.

In March, I applied for the Fall 12 program...didn't get in. Got past the application, but that DANG web interview killed me. And after that, I looked around for advice on what I should do to pass that section next time, but I mean, it's been almost 6 months and I can't remember anything anyone said.

So I'm asking anyone if they have any advice on the web interview...like how to actually pass. I think I went wrong by picking too many neutrals...Ok, I'm rambling..so PLEASE..anyone who has advice, get back to me because that is the only part of this process that is the make/break point for me. Thanks! :)

Ok, this has probably been asked EVERYWHERE on the college boards, but I do have a question about the application/web interview process. Everything I've read that has been posted recently says something about the phone interview (like how you have to present yourself to the interviewer). But what I can't find (unless I sat at my computer for hours) is some advice/insight/experience about the web interview.

In March, I applied for the Fall 12 program...didn't get in. Got past the application, but that DANG web interview killed me. And after that, I looked around for advice on what I should do to pass that section next time, but I mean, it's been almost 6 months and I can't remember anything anyone said.

So I'm asking anyone if they have any advice on the web interview...like how to actually pass. I think I went wrong by picking too many neutrals...Ok, I'm rambling..so PLEASE..anyone who has advice, get back to me because that is the only part of this process that is the make/break point for me. Thanks! :)
The same thing happened to me. I applied for Spring 2011 and didn't get passed the WBI. I reapplied for fall and got in. Just take your time and make sure your answers are consistent. Read each question carefully to make sure you know what it's asking. Good luck. :hug:

I am looking to go for fall 2013 and I have been wondering. Is there any difference between let's say "Fall 2013" and "Fall Advantage 2013"? Or is it just different ways of wording it. Does advantage get/do something that the regular doesn't?

tdzaleski said:
I am looking to go for fall 2013 and I have been wondering. Is there any difference between let's say "Fall 2013" and "Fall Advantage 2013"? Or is it just different ways of wording it. Does advantage get/do something that the regular doesn't?

Fall is just for the semester, usually about August- beginning of January. Fall advantage you would be there from the end of the spring semester usually end of may- beginning of January!

Hi, I did the Spring 2012 program from Jan 25th 2012 to August 3rd 2012, aka just got back a couple days ago. I did Quick Service Food and Beverage for Pop Century. Im going to apply again, because i miss Disney and my pop family soooo much. Im hoping that i can get QSFB for Pop Century, but if i get another location for QSFB or if i get merchandise, i would be fine with it

The same thing happened to me. I applied for Spring 2011 and didn't get passed the WBI. I reapplied for fall and got in. Just take your time and make sure your answers are consistent. Read each question carefully to make sure you know what it's asking. Good luck. :hug:

Thanks so much!! I'm really excited and nervous at the same time (i guess thats anxiety) I just really hope I get past it this time. :)

Hi I'm Elizabeth, I'm 21 from Florida, and I'm planning on applying for either the spring 2013 or fall 2013 program depending on how my schedule works out.

I am planning on requesting FSFB, Concierge, and Hospitality. I really want to work at one of the resorts or a sit down restaurant.

I've been researching the DCP like mad for a while now, reading DCP blogs on tumblr, watching vlogs on youtube and just lots of google searchs. So think I am finally ready to take the next step.

I don't have allot of work experience, but I have worked with children before so I guess that will help me.

If I do get accepted for either program I am hoping to be placed in a non-wellness apartment in Chatham. (I may not drink a bunch, but having the option open would be a plus)

The only thing I'm not looking forward to is covering up my tattoo everyday.

Hello, my name is Autumn. I am also applying for the spr/adv 2013 WDWCP. I'm so excited! This will be my first time. I've been reading soo many blogs. I grew up in Orlando, Dr. Phillips area, then moved to Texas for college. I miss it soo much, can't wait to go back to a whole new experience.Has anyone found a fb group for spring adv 2013?

I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. I really hope I end up working in Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique. I adore kids, even the spoiled ones. If I do et that, then my second choice would be Character attendant. Third choice would be attractions, I would really want one with a cool costume :).If all fails, and those are not available for me, I would do any job EXCEPT house keeping. You don't a lot of guest interaction and I hate cleaning my own stuff, lol.
Um, I don't know what else to put..
OH! I'm an Art major, but Im thinking of changing it to art education :D.

{sorry fir any errors. I'm on my phone :]}

Tink135 said:
Hi there! My name is Kelsey, and I will be applying for the spring 2013 program. I'm hoping to do BBB, photopass, or attractions! If anyone has insight on any of these or just wants to talk about DCP, i'd love to hear. This will be my first time in the program :)

hey Im also going for BBB! Maybe we will be coworkers :]

Hello, my name is Autumn. I am also applying for the spr/adv 2013 WDWCP. I'm so excited! This will be my first time. I've been reading soo many blogs. I grew up in Orlando, Dr. Phillips area, then moved to Texas for college. I miss it soo much, can't wait to go back to a whole new experience.Has anyone found a fb group for spring adv 2013?

I'm 19 and a sophomore in college. I really hope I end up working in Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique. I adore kids, even the spoiled ones. If I do et that, then my second choice would be Character attendant. Third choice would be attractions, I would really want one with a cool costume :).If all fails, and those are not available for me, I would do any job EXCEPT house keeping. You don't a lot of guest interaction and I hate cleaning my own stuff, lol.
Um, I don't know what else to put..
OH! I'm an Art major, but Im thinking of changing it to art education :D.

{sorry fir any errors. I'm on my phone :]}

There is a facebook group,

What are the months for spring advantage? I don't know if I want to do that one instead of just regular spring---(idk how homesick I will actually be ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter