Spring Advantage 2013?

It's good to see some of y'all are older and still wanting to apply for the DCP! I am 21 and looking to stay in Chatham in the non-wellness apartments, and I just really want the perfect roomies, since I'll be living and interacting with them everyday. And Amy, my top role I want is Entertainment as well! :D

I'm glad to see older CP hopefuls as well! I'm going to be 23 in September, but I'm applying for DLR. Are any of you applying there as well? I know these boards are pretty WDW focused, but I see some DLR people around sometimes. :)

I am a diehard Red Sox fan, so it wouldn't be a problem for me since the Braves are in the National League. I was wondering how you go about getting that portion of the internship and how it would affect your current role and apartment rent.

i was placed at the wide world of sports so i was automatically in for it. i was qsf&b and i worked the concessions and such at all the sporting events. i'm not sure if it's still the same, but during braves season, they're always looking for extra people! you just have to pick up shifts and as long as i worked enough hours to make my rent, it was all good

i was placed at the wide world of sports so i was automatically in for it. i was qsf&b and i worked the concessions and such at all the sporting events. i'm not sure if it's still the same, but during braves season, they're always looking for extra people! you just have to pick up shifts and as long as i worked enough hours to make my rent, it was all good

Ok. In one of my sport management classes, one of the students on a panel speaking to our class was a CP in recreation at Beach Club and she worked with the Braves during March. I hope I will be able to work in the parks other than in March. Is that possible?

Just popping in to say HI!
My top roles are character attendant, photopass photographer, concierge, and I also plan on attending an entertainment audition.
My last CP (fall advantage 2011), I worked in Merch in Hollywood Studios. I had the perfect roommates..so I am gonna need some perfect roommates, yet again! I'm currently 20, and I will be turning 21 next February. I've gotta look for some 21+ roomies who don't mind living with a 20 year old for a couple of weeks!

Emily! You're on the Chatham FB group! *tackles* It's Whitney, hehe! :) And hey, I probably wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks! I mean, we can always do a February arrival date if you just wanna wait til you're 21!

I don't know how they do the housing process, but I will be turning 21 at the end of September...will they allow me to get into Chatham?

Mmhmm you can get into any of the housing facilities no matter your age. Whether you are placed in a wellness or non-wellness apartment does depend on your age, though. Once you turn 21, you have the option of having a non-wellness apartment, which allows alcohol in the apartment. Anyone over 21 can choose a wellness (no alcohol allowed) if they want to, but anyone under 21 is required to stay in a wellness.

Mmhmm you can get into any of the housing facilities no matter your age. Whether you are placed in a wellness or non-wellness apartment does depend on your age, though. Once you turn 21, you have the option of having a non-wellness apartment, which allows alcohol in the apartment. Anyone over 21 can choose a wellness (no alcohol allowed) if they want to, but anyone under 21 is required to stay in a wellness.

So let's say i apply and get accepted before i'm 21. Do i still have the option of changing where i live? Or does the whole housing thing take place after acceptance?:confused3

So let's say i apply and get accepted before i'm 21. Do i still have the option of changing where i live? Or does the whole housing thing take place after acceptance?:confused3

Housing isn't decided until you arrive, so as long as you're 21 by the time you start the program, you should be fine!

All 3 complexes have wellness and non-wellness apartments. If you're under 21 when you check in, you'll automatically be placed in a wellness apartment but once you turn 21, you have the option of moving to non-wellness if you want. You choose your complex at check in.

Can apps please be up now?

Just popping in to say HI!
My top roles are character attendant, photopass photographer, concierge, and I also plan on attending an entertainment audition.
My last CP (fall advantage 2011), I worked in Merch in Hollywood Studios. I had the perfect roommates..so I am gonna need some perfect roommates, yet again! I'm currently 20, and I will be turning 21 next February. I've gotta look for some 21+ roomies who don't mind living with a 20 year old for a couple of weeks!

If you are 20 at check-in, you will automatically go into a wellness apartment (so you wouldn't be with 21+ then). However, if you want, you can move out once you turn 21

I have a few questions:

1. I'm applying for Spring 2013. I graduated last spring, but heard that I can take any old college course and be eligible? There's a community college near me that I could take a class at, and it could be relevant to a certain PI.

2. If you're already statused in a particular front-line role but do the CP, can you pick up shifts in the old role? I'm going to an entertainment audition in August and also trying to get a seasonal role in Oct/Nov if entertainment doesn't pan out. But for the CP I'd like to work in concierge or hospitality (assuming I don't get a PI).

3. If I'm moving to Orlando a few months before the CP starts...would I have to move into the CP housing? I've been there, done that, and would like to live outside of the CP complexes.

Anyone that could answer these, thanks!

I have a few questions:

1. I'm applying for Spring 2013. I graduated last spring, but heard that I can take any old college course and be eligible? There's a community college near me that I could take a class at, and it could be relevant to a certain PI.

2. If you're already statused in a particular front-line role but do the CP, can you pick up shifts in the old role? I'm going to an entertainment audition in August and also trying to get a seasonal role in Oct/Nov if entertainment doesn't pan out. But for the CP I'd like to work in concierge or hospitality (assuming I don't get a PI).

3. If I'm moving to Orlando a few months before the CP starts...would I have to move into the CP housing? I've been there, done that, and would like to live outside of the CP complexes.

Anyone that could answer these, thanks!

1. As long as you are currently enrolled in school, you are fine

2. Yes (as long as training updates don't happen).

3. No. You can live off-site

Hi! I'm Kasey! I'm applying for Spring 2013, too! I'm hoping for Attractions, Merchandise, or PhotoPass. (But I'm applying for basically everything but Housekeeping, lol).

I've never done the program before, but I've been wanting to do it for over three years, so I've done a lot of research. I've been reading site forever, but when I saw there was a topic for this, I had to join and say hi. :wave:

Welcome, Casey!!

Question for everyone: I'm 25...Are there any other 'older' CP'er's out there for Spring 2013? :) I'd feel like I'd relate a bit more when it comes to picking roommates!!

Hi Melissa! I too am 25 and I too will be applying to the Spring 2013 program. I was a little worried that I would be one of the few "older" people applying. In fact if I do get accepted (fingers crossed) I will turn 26 at the start of the program, in January.

I have never done the program and after a few years of off and on attendance I have gone back to school part time with hopes of finally earning my degree and yes for an opportunity to apply for the CP!

I have applied before, and sadly have not be accepted. But I am hoping this year is my year. In fact, I cannot wait for fall - being my favorite season and so that I can apply again!

One of my best friends did the CP twice and from everything she's said it sounds like an amazing experience. So I am trying not to get my hopes up...but its so hard not to.

But to all the Spring 2013 hopefuls I just want to say hello and I hope we all will be participating next year =)

Hi all! I'm so glad I was able to find this thread! I'm Stephanie and I will be 23 and turn 24 while I'm there so I'm definitely glad there are other "older" people going. :). I will graduate in December so I'm hoping to get into the Spring advantage and the wait for applying is killing me so it's nice to see this and read through everyone's comments. Im really hoping for photo pass, merchandise, attractions or even custodial. I'm trying not to be too picky so hopefully I'll have a better chance of getting picked. Good luck to everybody applying!!

So I was just reading to see if there were any new posts on this board. only one in a month. But I am SOOOOO excited that it is almost time to apply for the CP 2013!!:cool1: I cannot wait til September :banana:

Hi, I'm Kelley and I'm a Spring 2013 hopeful. I am 22 from NC. I would hope to live in either Chatham or vista (like the convince of a bus stop.) my top 3 picks are Photopass, Character Attendant and attractions. I'd obviously apply for a lot more and just be happy to have the chance to go at all :).

Hi, my name is Taylor and I am planning on applying for spring 2013. I am nervous about the application process. Is it hard to get in? Also, I have very little work experience but I have volunteer experience, will this affect my chances of getting in? I hope to work in merchandise, vacation planning, or concierge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter